Borderline Personality Disorder & Clinical Depression.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know of any mood tracking apps? Most of the ones I’ve seen you log it for the day but I need one that’s either every hour or an unlimited amount of times
Moodtrack social diary is pretty good. It has a social media feel to it but you can set your moods to private and add notes

there’s seems to be a lot of similar ones but I haven’t tried them out

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Im onto my last 2 sessions of CBT. It's been nice to talk to someone.

But does anyone else think the homework is so stupid.

Write down my daily worries, look at them at the end of the night and throw them away... It doesn't work like that.

The only part I've enjoyed and got something out of is telling my therapist what my intrusive thoughts are saying and she explains my brain and tries to explain why I'm getting anxious.

I had a really bad couple of days and my mental health feels as tit as day 1 instead of 6 months later. But I know with my BPD I could feel close to fine/coping again in a few days.

Sorry guys I needed a rant xx

Im onto my last 2 sessions of CBT. It's been nice to talk to someone.

But does anyone else think the homework is so stupid.

Write down my daily worries, look at them at the end of the night and throw them away... It doesn't work like that.

The only part I've enjoyed and got something out of is telling my therapist what my intrusive thoughts are saying and she explains my brain and tries to explain why I'm getting anxious.

I had a really bad couple of days and my mental health feels as tit as day 1 instead of 6 months later. But I know with my BPD I could feel close to fine/coping again in a few days.

Sorry guys I needed a rant xx
It’s understandable you feel that way, because CBT doesn’t typically work for people with BPD and isn’t usually recommended or referred to by a GP. I’m glad to hear it has helped you in some way though, perhaps you would be able to try a new form of therapy now your CBT sessions are up? Are you from the UK? There are different options of therapy on the NHS if you have an official diagnosis x

Reactions: 3
It’s understandable you feel that way, because CBT doesn’t typically work for people with BPD and isn’t usually recommended or referred to by a GP. I’m glad to hear it has helped you in some way though, perhaps you would be able to try a new form of therapy now your CBT sessions are up? Are you from the UK? There are different options of therapy on the NHS if you have an official diagnosis x
I think it was because I self referred for help so they started. I haven't been diagnosed by my gp in person but by over the phone consultations due to covid. I think I need to definitely try something else thank you for your advice

Agree with the above @L.S CBT isn't the best for BPD. CAT and/or DBT tend to be more useful.
I'll deffo look into it this afternoon thank you

• Heart
I think it was because I self referred for help so they started. I haven't been diagnosed by my gp in person but by over the phone consultations due to covid. I think I need to definitely try something else thank you for your advice

I'll deffo look into it this afternoon thank you
If you feel like you still need help then be honest with them and ask, sadly we need to look out for ourselves a lot as it’s very easy to be pushed aside or lost in the system. Best of luck with everything and take care of yourself 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have BPD. I have no social media and maybe three good friends... No probably just two actually.

I grew up in a disgustingly violent household and then was shipped off to live with my father after my mother finally decided to flee. Living with them was safe physically but mentally they bullied me. I didn't have a stable home until I was 19 when I lived in a house alone for 6 years. I was never asked if I was okay when we had to flee and I was ignored when I aired the abuse I suffered later in my teens.

I suffer daily. Mania last weeks, I have very little self confidence and I am terrified of rubbing off on my kids. I've never kept a relationship over 4 years and every single ones ending I can put down to me pushing them away because I had no idea how to let a man treat me.

My doctor's diagnosed me and then ignored me and I have no friends who suffer in the same ways I do. I genuinely fear I'll never be normal and that terrifies me. I got everything I wanted in life and I'm still so unhappy inside.

I feel like I'm grieving a life I never had, I had to grow up so quickly that my teens were more like other people's typical early 20s...

Reading through your experiences made me feel lighter, I've never read so many stories and related to them. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi everyone. Hope it’s ok that I bumped this thread

I was diagnosed with BPD 8 years ago and I’ve had my mental health under control the last few years, up until now, I really feel like I’m losing track of everything and I’m slipping into my own ways and I am struggling. I’ve been in touch with my GP for further help but felt maybe talking to others with the same issues might help? Thank you if anyone does read this

• Heart

I was diagnosed with BPD 8 years ago and I’ve had my mental health under control the last few years, up until now, I really feel like I’m losing track of everything and I’m slipping into my own ways and I am struggling. I’ve been in touch with my GP for further help but felt maybe talking to others with the same issues might help? Thank you if anyone does read this
Hi Watermelon. It's nice to see you around again. I'm sorry you've been struggling though.

Are you safe right now?

I'm always around if you need to talk too.

It might not always help but what small thing could you do to make you feel even a tiny bit better? Can you get into bed with a soft blanket?

• Heart

I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling. I think I speak for everyone on here that this thread is a judgement free zone ❤ as the above poster said, try to do the little things for now that bring you comfort. Don’t put any pressure on yourself x

• Heart
@rainbowlemon Hi my love 🤍 thank you so much for replying. I’m safe right now yes, I don’t feel like causing any harm to myself - more just the little things you think that are bad and the things it makes you do and destroy - is what i’m struggling with the most 😟 if that makes sense? Basically i feel like I’m going on self destruct mode

@gossipgirlxxo thank you love 🤍 i’m lying on the sofa with my favourite blanket 🤪

@rainbowlemon Hi my love 🤍 thank you so much for replying. I’m safe right now yes, I don’t feel like causing any harm to myself - more just the little things you think that are bad and the things it makes you do and destroy - is what i’m struggling with the most 😟 if that makes sense? Basically i feel like I’m going on self destruct mode

@gossipgirlxxo thank you love 🤍 i’m lying on the sofa with my favourite blanket 🤪
You don't have to answer but only if you feel comfortable saying, what are these little things? It makes sense we would react in ways that are familiar or bring comfort in a way.

Best advice I've had when I get like this is as simple as it sounds to just stand still. Take it moment by moment. You will get through this. You matter to the people around you and most of all to your child.

Do you have any support from family/ friends right now?

My brother sent me these songs a while back:

"Come what may I'll still stay"

"We will be alright"

---
It; sometimes helps to get it to sink in a little bit.

Last edited:
  • Heart
@ Just a bump to check how you are doing Watermelon?
I’m okay, thank you for checking on me. 🤍 I am feeling a lot better mentally but still down in the dumps really. I had a falling out with a good friend yesterday that was my fault tbh and it really triggered me. I’ve got a lot of stuff going on also and i just feel like im spiralling a bit

• Heart
I’m okay, thank you for checking on me. 🤍 I am feeling a lot better mentally but still down in the dumps really. I had a falling out with a good friend yesterday that was my fault tbh and it really triggered me. I’ve got a lot of stuff going on also and i just feel like im spiralling a bit
If it's torn it can be stitched up. It can be uncomfortable, but it's possible to repair friendships.

Have you heard of grounding? It might not solve anything but just help you feel more comfortable.
---

Just wanted to say hi, very late to this thread but so glad i found it.
I was diagnosed with BPD 15 years ago and still trying to access the treatment for it. I have worked on myself a lot so my kids don't have my future but it does terrify me because BPD is just so vilified by others.

• Heart
I have complex PTSD due to childhood traumas. I have had a lot of CBT in the past 20 years and thankfully many of my coping mechanisms are so much healthier now. I haven’t had a depressive episode for 3 years either. What has helped is stopping speaking to my father as he just triggers me constantly.

Last night I was out with my partner and daughter and a man triggered me in a supermarket. I got to his till in a shop and put my few things on the belt. He didn’t look at me or speak during this but I just handed him my reward card etc, going through the normal motions. He then asked to say something to me and when I leaned in, he said something unpleasant to me. It was the kind of thing most people would get angry and say WTF? I froze up, worried I was going to cry felt panicky but then paid and ran away straight out the shop. I just wanted to get out of the shop. My partner was behind me and saw it all happen and made a huge (but calm) complaint about this guy. My daughter was there so I wasn’t able to explain why this triggered me but men making me feel uncomfortable is so scary to me. Like I would never feel safe enough to confront a man in these situations, stand up for myself or anything. I didn’t do anything wrong but obviously now it’s on replay about what I did do wrong.

• Heart
  • Wow
I've also been in therapy and have been working on myself for almost 5 years now. I'm glad I'm not the person I used to be, but I've never
been violent towards anyone.

I have complex PTSD due to childhood traumas. I have had a lot of CBT in the past 20 years and thankfully many of my coping mechanisms are so much healthier now. I haven’t had a depressive episode for 3 years either. What has helped is stopping speaking to my father as he just triggers me constantly.

Last night I was out with my partner and daughter and a man triggered me in a supermarket. I got to his till in a shop and put my few things on the belt. He didn’t look at me or speak during this but I just handed him my reward card etc, going through the normal motions. He then asked to say something to me and when I leaned in, he said something unpleasant to me. It was the kind of thing most people would get angry and say WTF? I froze up, worried I was going to cry felt panicky but then paid and ran away straight out the shop. I just wanted to get out of the shop. My partner was behind me and saw it all happen and made a huge (but calm) complaint about this guy. My daughter was there so I wasn’t able to explain why this triggered me but men making me feel uncomfortable is so scary to me. Like I would never feel safe enough to confront a man in these situations, stand up for myself or anything. I didn’t do anything wrong but obviously now it’s on replay about what I did do wrong.
I'm sorry you had to go through that experience and you didn't deserver . You managed to get yourself out a situation you didn't feel safe in. You didn't do anything wrong. Can you go for a walk with your daughter?

I've also been in therapy and have been working on myself for almost 5 years now. I'm glad I'm not the person I used to be, but I've never
been violent towards anyone.

I'm sorry you had to go through that experience and you didn't deserver . You managed to get yourself out a situation you didn't feel safe in. You didn't do anything wrong. Can you go for a walk with your daughter?
Thanks, I feel ok now as I am away from the situation and I know my partner kind of gets it so he stood up for me. When I met him I fell in love as I realised how bloody kind he is and that’s what I needed in my life! I have only felt safe with very few men, ever.

Sometimes I have this awful feeling that men who enjoy abusing women can see me - like I have this bloody bright light around me that lets them know I’m going to crack so they do it to get a kick. That’s what the longer lasting thoughts do - why me? Why pick on me? He did it to be malicious too. I will never fight back I will always run (or freeze) and I know that about me I just don’t know how abusive men seem to know it too..