Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sarah123456789

Chatty Member
loved lessons in chemistry - one of my favourite reads of the year so far 💙 and i loved the paper palace until the final ten pages!
Yes same!! I couldn’t put it down but ending was disappointing. Ooh I’ll look forward to LIC then. Remembered I was 3/4 way through another I need to finish - can’t even think of title, something similar to Sliding Doors showing how different decisions made change the course of your life? It’s ok…!

Has anyone got any suggestions please for a Christmas book? Last year I read Gifts by Laura Barnett (love her books. The Versions of Us is one of my all time faves) and Christmas Days by Jeannette Winterson, which I'd highly recommend.
I’ve got an ARC for The Christmas Wish by Lindsey Kelk. Highly recommend. It’s been funny from page 1

Pinkii

VIP Member
Really enjoying the prison healer! If you like fanstasy in the SJM/acotar style then this will be right up your street too.

Carapop

VIP Member
I hated ready player one, think I’m an outcast 🤣 I almost never, ever DNF books but I DNF’d that one
I wouldn’t even consider it were it not so highly regarded. But I’ve spent longer reading about it today than I would have spent reading the book itself and I think I’ll keep my 99cent for a worthier cause!

nothanksbabes

VIP Member
i found people person very readable, but ultimately very muddled and without much substance. it also had a frankly unforgivable amount of editing errors, which bugged me considering the author thanked three separate editors at the end 🤣 i liked queenie very much though and i will say that it’s enjoyable enough to pass the time if you also liked that book.
Wish I'd read this before I bought it 😂. Only 99p though, and I adored Queenie, one of those books that I finished and wanted to start again immediately.

capriallie

VIP Member

OH.FFS

VIP Member
I currently have an old versa and a samung watch. I dont need one I just want to buy something 🙈 Im also a couch potato. How else would I be able to read as much 😂

Im 60% of the way through 'A Thousand Boy Kisses' and I honestly dont think Ill ever be the same again. I thought it was a smutty book 🥴🥴🥴
I’m currently 30% through Girl A

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Sooo I finished The Winners and I didn't love it 😭 need to get my thoughts together a bit more before sharing why and of course won't give any spoilers for those of you who are also reading! Interested to see how you get on with it.
Oh interesting. Im planning to start this week 👀

queenamber

VIP Member
East of Eden, John Steinbeck. It’s challenging in places but 100% worth it. I’m currently reading Commonwealth by Ann Patchett which isn’t particularly long but is has a big family saga feel to it - a story of siblings/step siblings from their childhood to where they end up as adults.

Also have to confess the first thing that came to mind when I thought long and sprawling was Jilly Cooper! 😂 Riders, Polo or The Man Who Made Husbands Jealous. Totally ridiculous and OTT but good fun!
East of Eden is an all-time fave ❤

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I’ve gotten these books on 99p deals in the last month or two thanks to this thread and searching

A Thousand Boy Kisses (on my list for ages!)
Every Summer After
The Soulmate Equation (on my list for ages!)
The Herd
Ghosts (on my list for ages!)
The Maid (on my list for ages!)
Before I Do
Things We Never Got Over
Boys Don’t Cry
Run Rose Run (on my list for ages!)

I’m meant to be on a ban lol
I have either read most of these or got them on my TBR.

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
Eek, I am really not enjoying Every Summer After at all. It's marketed as 'in the vein of' Love and Other Words but it's really a straight up rip-off, bordering on plagiarism to be honest.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I have both and I use my Paperwhite signature more than the oasis. Was actually thinking of trading it in and using the money and 20% against a scribe.
The scribe looks amazing but its probably a bit much right now 😬

However thank you.. off to see what else I can buy 😅 maybe a new fitness tracker.

queenamber

VIP Member
Commonwealth is on my tbr (one of what feels like 5000 at this point 😂) and I'll have a look at A Place for Us thank you!!
Forget to add another great one: The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer! It's more friendship than families but definitely a long saga to get stuck into and characters that you won't forget.