Blood Donation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anybody want to buy a pint of A+ - one previous owner :m

Seriously, I donate every few months It seems I have donated 59 times. I had a short pause a few years ago when they wouldn't accept my blood because of a diabetes medication- but they do now. However, I recently had a steroid injection and someone told me I may not be able to donate again for some time. I will need to check that.

When I do give, I always watch the needle go in - I don't like surprises! I then watch the 'silent' tv. At the end instead of going to a little refreshment room, they now bring a drink and two biscuits to you !

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I always went with my mum when I was a kid and she gave blood so it was always normal to me. I started when they came to my uni and I’ve now given 30 times. Just had to cancel my next appointment though as it’s within a week of my 2nd Covid jab.

Reactions: 1
I've had a transfusion so I can't, like some previous posters .

Has anyone ever donated their pet's blood? Sometimes the vets are advertising for donors. I think my dog would freak out , she doesn't like the vets .

I've had a transfusion so I can't, like some previous posters .

Has anyone ever donated their pet's blood? Sometimes the vets are advertising for donors. I think my dog would freak out , she doesn't like the vets .
I would, my previous cat would have been a good candidate but he was too old. My new two I’ve got no chance, they hate other people and vets!

I was not allowed to give blood because of a heart condition but I have since had a couple of tranfusions so I am very grateful to all those that do.

Anyone who is a B+ is a friend of mine 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 3