Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tublet83

VIP Member
My son is 10 and has loved all the Marvel films so far. Can I ask, would you say it’s suitable for a 10 year old? Thank you
The word “shit” is thrown around a few times, but I don’t think it’s any different to the other films tbh!

Mark81

VIP Member
Yeah if it had just opened in cinemas she wouldn't have a large box office to have a share of anyway as so many are closed and audiences aren't back to pre pandemic levels. So not sure how much grounds she really has.

It's not really big corporation vs actress though in the usual sense as disney has lost billions during the pandemic. Aside streaming, every other income stream they have was stopped. Not saying they are a small company, just that they like so many have been hit hard in the last year or so.

Hilopicklelo

VIP Member
Currently in isolation so I've paid for it on Disney+ 🙈🤣 about half way through. Personally finding it a bit meh at the moment. I've always found her character the hardest to gel with though, I wasn't fussed when she died 🙈

Tublet83

VIP Member
Based on the post credit scene, is there a chance Yelena is going to either appear in Hawkeye or will become "black Widow"?!
It’s been announced already she’s in Hawkeye!

Loved it. I would have preferred if she'd had another Avenger to keep the Marvel connection going. Like how she was Steve's co-star in Winter Soldier or Tony in Spiderman. But otherwise it was a fun ride. Going to miss her character.
I had read before Tony Stark had a cameo in this?!

Yel

Chatty Member
I can see this potentially backfiring against her with members of the public.
She did get away with taking the sodastream cash over her humanitarian work - ditching that vanity project the first time it affected her earnings.

If she'd maybe made this about fairness and acknowledged all the freelancers in the industry that have have faced serious hardship it would be more palatable.

Another question is why if Disney announced it would go to Disney+ on the same day as theatres back in march (apparently) why did she wait until now before going public?

Are her lawyers using the argument that every family streaming it on d+ would have all gone to the theatre to see it? A bit like how the movie industry counts every pirated download as a lost sale, despite the vast majority would have never actually paid for it.

I think she's got more to lose as no one will be surprised a mega corp is screwing people.