Big Brother Gossip #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those psych tests clearly weren't robust enough to detect people whose mental health was bad. Remember Shahbaz in BB7? He was very clearly unstable and reportedly would flash the other housemates and threatened to commit suicide in the house. I can see why the other housemates found that difficult to cope with even though the way they treated him was vile. He was reportedly placed in suicide watch for a bit after he left the house. Sree from BB10 also cut his wrists and ended up in hospital after watching his eviction episode.

I know Nikki always maintained that Big Brother changed her life for the better and I don't dispute that but it's clear they weren't doing enough to vet and monitor the well-being of housemates, particularly in the earlier days.

Oh my god I'm rewatching that series at the moment and just saw an argument where Anthony called Derek a 'malteser head'! Couldn't believe it. No way would he have gotten away with that now. Entertaining series but everyone was vile to each other.
If they had done any proper background checks on Sree he wouldn’t have got in. Or maybe it wouldn’t have been an back issue then. He was a total creepy perv at university. Also a bit of a joke/laughing stock. Probably some racism mixed with misogyny which meant it wasnt taken seriously.

Reactions: 3
I remember in the earlier series they would all talk to a psychologist once a week. I suspect after the borefest that was bb4 that sort of care was ditched

Reactions: 1
If they had done any proper background checks on Sree he wouldn’t have got in. Or maybe it wouldn’t have been an back issue then. He was a total creepy perv at university. Also a bit of a joke/laughing stock. Probably some racism mixed with misogyny which meant it wasnt taken seriously.
did you go to the same university as him?

All very vague though as usual, no real confirmation. The usual names being thrown out - Davina, Rylan, Emma, Marcus. Phrases like 'back to basics' used as they have for years.

I'll believe it when it happens, but I do think it is a possibility.

i would love davina to return rather than emma, but theyll probably get a brand new host and re do the whole thing, itll be like a tit love island probably

Reactions: 6
I’d love it if they brought it back old style with a variety of people. I’m so bored of all these programs with the instagram copy and paste people in them who are using it as a stepping stone to more followers. I want fat people. I want ugly people. I want people who don’t care about lip fillers and going to the gym.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’d love it if they brought it back old style with a variety of people. I’m so bored of all these programs with the instagram copy and paste people in them who are using it as a stepping stone to more followers. I want fat people. I want ugly people. I want people who don’t care about lip fillers and going to the gym.
Yes!!! And people who aren't just interested in doing it for a media career (or to get a sponsorship from in the style!!)

Reactions: 7
Ever since I was a child I have said I would love to go on… I might apply if it happens 😂

Reactions: 5
I agree with above, if ITV do get their mitts on it it’ll be shite, I’ll probably still watch but it’ll be shite
Normal day to day people we want Like the good old days.

I would love this, and would like to add actually interesting people with jobs, diverse interests, hobbies and normal busy lives who can have decent and engaging conversations. How some of the people on reality shows get through when they can barely even say the word conversation enrages me. Such a waste of a spot. I would of course also like a sprinkling of people who follow the ‘real housewives’ drama model and believe they are contractually obligated to have at least one exciting blow up a week.
However, things are very different to 2000 and most normal people would be mindful of how every minutia of their sm and whole life would be mined for content, every embarrassing moment living on the internet forever and the prospect of job opportunities disappearing. It will never be good in this day and age.

Reactions: 6
the only way it would be good would be if they did solely in person auditions, it would definitely filter out the wannabe insta famous model types. doubt theyd spend hours queuing lol

Problem is a lot of the early contestants had to quit their jobs to go on the show. Only some were lucky and had them to go back to. I know they got paid a 'wage' for being on BB but then after that they probably had nothing. That's why it started to attract people who pretend to have job (model, influencer, PT, Guru etc) and are already on the fringes of being a -z lister.

Reactions: 2
Also, Big Brother ran long enough for it to be well known by the public and nobody thinks it’s just a social experiment anymore. So any “normal” people that have zero desire to be a Z-lister wannabe will automatically be considered a Z-lister wannabe for their participation in the show!

I love Big Brother and as a fan I’d love to go on it and be able to watch myself back afterwards and how they portrayed me. But I wouldn’t do it! Especially not now, when there’s not even financial rewards (not the winning fee, I mean subsequent interviews and front page on OK magazine etc)

Reactions: 4
Just watched the Nikki documantry and it was so sad. I cried a lot throughout it.
i thought she looked beautiful when she first entered the house in her bunny costume, to see her at the end just frail and so I’ll. you wouldn’t of ever said it was the same person.
So so sad. RIP Nikki. Also thought her mum was lovely.

Reactions: 7