Bethany Rutter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the subject of Domestic Sluttery - always got weird vibes from Sian Meades. Maybe it was the cliquish nature of those early 2010s Twitter days - just another mean girl.

Reactions: 4
I am DYING to know whomst this is as I used to follow a lot of the bopo crew back then and the only big fish I can think of weren't especially loaded
---
Now thinking about all the back in the day blogs like Fuller Figure Fuller Bust, A Thrifty Mrs and Domestic Sluttery 😅
Omg there was a crazy thing about A Thrifty Mrs, she was on forums pretending to have cancer if I recall, and it was all made up. And she pretended to have kids as well I think, all completely fabricated. Only remember a slight inkling of this! I randomly saw her at a campsite once, she talked to her husband like she hated him

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Omg there was a crazy thing about A Thrifty Mrs, she was on forums pretending to have cancer if I recall, and it was all made up. And she pretended to have kids as well I think, all completely fabricated. Only remember a slight inkling of this! I randomly saw her at a campsite once, she talked to her husband like she hated him
She was an odd one. Met her once and she was very strange…

Reactions: 3
On the subject of Domestic Sluttery - always got weird vibes from Sian Meades. Maybe it was the cliquish nature of those early 2010s Twitter days - just another mean girl.
I never met her but she was hard work by email. Like that really perky head girl outer but you knew she could really get mean if you weren’t invited to sit at her table or broke pointless rules and didn’t care about them as much as she did. That self appointed ‘mean for the greater good’ mean girl.

I went to an all girls school so it just reminded me of that. But I remember thinking that this many women in writing, editing, influencing other women in blogs or magazines should not remind me of 14 year olds. Like that lot back then off the Vagenda 😂

• Sad
While we diverted down memory lane and the lads are on tour in Puglia, our pal Bert has switched bio from ‘fat exercise enthusiast’ to ‘love 2 move my bod.’ She’d already removed chub gal from her vocab…

That seems like distancing herself from herself from either the community or accusations of ‘mid sizes’ talking over plus sizes. So I’d say not a size 20 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Sorry back down memory lane, she was close to someone called Charlotte (I think!) at one point but she seemed to disappear? This she was Birmingham based then up north somewhere

I always think it’s mad that Bethany was at Charlotte BHC wedding considering their opposing lifestyles
---
No way! I always wondered why she disappeared off the internet. I remember her posting about lupus?…and also I thought she’d adopted but then it went wrong?

While we diverted down memory lane and the lads are on tour in Puglia, our pal Bert has switched bio from ‘fat exercise enthusiast’ to ‘love 2 move my bod.’ She’d already removed chub gal from her vocab…

That seems like distancing herself from herself from either the community or accusations of ‘mid sizes’ talking over plus sizes. So I’d say not a size 20 🤷🏻‍♀️
She also needs to remove “chunky lady author” from her Twitter bio!

• Haha
I’m no make up expert, but this is not a good look…
She seems to stopped dressing like Mr Tumble if he hung out in Daunt Books and gone more Panto in Midsummer.

I’m no crochet expert but doesn’t she also post every sweaty grey gym t shirt selfie in town but is comfortably wearing what is basically a woolly jumper in warm weather? How does that work? Is it because roof top gardens etc are always actually windy AF while charging more for your small* plates?

*smol but still a size twenty plates of course

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This person was pretty much Yer Pal Bert’s level of influencer when I knew them: blogger, podcaster, hosted events, big Twitter following, award winning, getting published, anthologies, magazine selections. I no longer keep contact and believe they went dark online but no idea why.

So it might be two different people which actually really upsets me. The person I knew was part of that group around The Arched Eyebrow Edgy Era who had multiple private Twitters and groups and were all subtweeting each other like Granny Gen X me passing notes in high school but they were the alpha betta fish in the pond and rich AF when Bert was trying to disguise her own bank balance so I fear it might be more than one. It would be vile at just one but the person involved did also plough through people like a butter knife and I could have seen it as ‘low blow because they screwed her on a deal.’

Ugh, I wish she was just hairy earrings level grifter not actual Grifter™️ level. That’s a spin she can’t boast away…
Begins with a V?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.