Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Starfact

Some girl names i like are ebony, naveah, noa, nova, nyla, poppy, mae, isabella and imogen. I only have boys so didn't need to use any girl names

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

Libbie

VIP Member
I like names that will suit them through life I guess I don’t know what category of names we come under. I like Millie, Willow, Amelia, Miley. Sloane but we haven’t been able to settle on one the way we did when we thought of boys names
I love the name Sloane, Teddy too!

How about a longer name that you can potentially shorten for a baby/toddler, but will also suit them as the years go by…

Amelia / Amelie - Millie
Aria
Aurelia - Lia
Clementine
Elizabeth - Libby, Lizzie
Jessamine
Margot
Persephone - Percy …I know, but I love it!

Reactions: 3

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I love Camille 🥰 it’s a really traditional name but still sounds so current, plus you won’t get many in school!
i love the name camille too! it just sounds so pretty.

not having kids but if i was and had a daughter my list would probably be: natasha, francesca, claudia, athena, camille (as above!), iris or cosette. as a welsh person, i do like both cariad and rhiannon as names (the latter also obviously being a great fleetwood mac song 🤣)

Reactions: 2

Pinkglitter123

Definitely one which will still suit them as they get older. My 2 aren't in the top 30 most popular names, even though they are well known

Sickofinstacrap

Please, whatever you choose… make sure the last name suits, (I went to school with Iona Pig), it doesn’t rhyme with anything (Enis!) and you’re happy with the short version (Richard / Dick).

Also, yell it out loud. Do you sound chav-tastic 🤪
Yea any name of think of I have to say it out loud and then I get put off so many names 🤣🤣

Sickofinstacrap

My last baby we had a spreadsheet with lots of different name combos. When she appeared she suited absolutely none of the names on the list we had to go back to the books again. What we named her didn’t appear on the list at all. So maybe just wait and see? I’m 38 weeks and I haven’t thought of 1 single same yet!
Yea I feel like when you see them your mind changes cos you think ‘oh you don’t look like that name’. I’ve a very different Irish name and I never liked it growing up and it is always mispronounced since I moved here so I don’t want that for her either

Reactions: 1

Sickofinstacrap

I like names that will suit them through life I guess I don’t know what category of names we come under. I like Millie, Willow, Amelia, Miley. Sloane but we haven’t been able to settle on one the way we did when we thought of boys names

S06

For girls names I’ve always like Jemima (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!)
Boys names my fav is Elliot!

Its_Me

VIP Member
I have a little boy, but my girls names were Juno, Margot, Paloma, Vada, Florence, Pearl, Luna, Aurora, Mabel, Matilda, Maeva, Briar, Aria, Willow, Etta, Primrose and Clementine.
Most of these are on my list we must have the same taste 🥰 my husbands hates them all though lol

And congratulations that came round quick!

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Have you thought about foreign names ? I've got an unusual Italian name and get complimented on it alot (I wear a name badge at work)

Daisy9999

Persephone can also have Sephy for short like in the book noughts and crosses

I love the name Sloane, Teddy too!

How about a longer name that you can potentially shorten for a baby/toddler, but will also suit them as the years go by…

Amelia / Amelie - Millie
Aria
Aurelia - Lia
Clementine
Elizabeth - Libby, Lizzie
Jessamine
Margot
Persephone - Percy …I know, but I love it!

• Heart

Unknown5

VIP Member
Some popular names from my era
no one will pick them so unique
Sharon
Caroline
Ursula
Natasha
Julie
Joanne
Claire
Sarah
Mary
Mike
Kevin
Dwayne
Shaun

Buddy161

So glad I found this thread. Also looking for suggestions for a girl name ending in IE please 🙏🏻