Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sure…Media!

VIP Member
Please, whatever you choose… make sure the last name suits, (I went to school with Iona Pig), it doesn’t rhyme with anything (Enis!) and you’re happy with the short version (Richard / Dick).

Also, yell it out loud. Do you sound chav-tastic 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
I love really classic names.

The type of names that were around a hundred years ago, and will probably still be around in a hundred years time -

Girls:
Ann/Anna/Annie
Emma/Emily
Lucy
May
Elizabeth/Lily/Beth
Alice
June
Sophie
Helen/Ellen
Hannah

Boys:
James
David
Thomas
Joseph
Charles/Charlie
Arthur
Albert
Harold/Harry

Names like Noah and Hayden/Jayden/Kayden will come and go, but the above names are timeless.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Melian

VIP Member
Please, whatever you choose… make sure the last name suits, (I went to school with Iona Pig), it doesn’t rhyme with anything (Enis!) and you’re happy with the short version (Richard / Dick).

Also, yell it out loud. Do you sound chav-tastic 🤪
And please think whether it'll suit an adult. It might be cute at 4 and just sound silly as an adult

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Not having children, but on my girls list would have been;
Zara, Zoe, Eliza, Rose, Alicia, Imogen, Thea, Ivy, Violet.

I find names / naming so interesting. Love discussions about them with friends/colleagues who are expecting.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Jellysnake

I only have boys and their names are reasonably popular but modern! For a girl I like :- Oakley,Sydney, Kennedy,Otley and Harper ( which I liked before the Beckham's named their daughter it😊) Some of the Irish traditional girls names are beautiful.

Reactions: 4

ScoutFinch

I have a little boy, but my girls names were Juno, Margot, Paloma, Vada, Florence, Pearl, Luna, Aurora, Mabel, Matilda, Maeva, Briar, Aria, Willow, Etta, Primrose and Clementine.

penpitstop

My last baby we had a spreadsheet with lots of different name combos. When she appeared she suited absolutely none of the names on the list we had to go back to the books again. What we named her didn’t appear on the list at all. So maybe just wait and see? I’m 38 weeks and I haven’t thought of 1 single same yet!

Stillwater

VIP Member
I have recently taken a real like to Bonnie - pretty high risk if said kid isn’t, I realise. Also I have always loved Pearl but my Mum doesn’t as there was a kid in her block called Pearl who she hated, and so.

Reactions: 3

Its_Me

VIP Member
I like names that will suit them through life I guess I don’t know what category of names we come under. I like Millie, Willow, Amelia, Miley. Sloane but we haven’t been able to settle on one the way we did when we thought of boys names
I think Millie is a really nice name. It’s cute and pretty for a little baby/child but I can also imagine an adult saying “Hi my names Mille”

iLoveNectarines

VIP Member
I work with children so come across so many names! Some of the less common names I've worked with

Violet
Blake
Ettie
Robyn
Myla
Amelie
Heidi
Lois

Sickofinstacrap

Praying to god someone helps me. I’m 32 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. I have tried and tried to find a baby girls name but to no avail.
Would love if some fab people could send on some suggestions before I pull my hair out thank you. xoxox