Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

amb1505

Imagine your 31 year old daughter rolling out of bed at 11am and defrosting her egg bagel

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50

moglits

Soooo I am going to caveat the living shit out of this by saying a) I’m not funny like you fuckers b) please don’t call me Library Corner c) this post is serious, so skip on if you don’t want me to be Buzz Killington.

I remember writing a million threads ago that I felt vaguely sorry for Becki; that she clearly had at the very least disordered eating and I felt like we were watching a slo-mo suicide in her ever-shrinking world.

As time has gone on, my sympathy has dwindled. Her complete lack of safeguarding; her dangerous ‘nice’ front; her complete lack of care and due diligence in terms of the messages she’s putting out to the people who consume her videos. I’m not saying that Becki is responsible for whether we inhale a bargain bucket or not - plainly put, that’s down to us - but there are young people watching her videos and her self-love/eat what you like/misleading WIEIAD videos/aggressive filtering are incredibly insidious.

I think it’s incompetence rather than malice - she doesn’t have the smarts to be malicious. Dishonest? Yes. Misleading. Absolutely. But malicious? Not likely. I just think she has the capacity to be a shitty person; the way she treats her family is appalling. But Machiavellian she ain’t.

Her life is like an episode of ‘Black Mirror’; her world shrinks as she grows and she lives entirely for content. She trolls people for coins and I genuinely wish she had a humiliation kink: it’d at least be moderately enjoyable as the Tok coin rolls in. Her future is bleak on all kinds of levels and yet the huns and the ‘be kind’ brigade lap it up. I don’t care about them though, fuck ‘em. I care more about more vulnerable or impressionable people watching her videos (and yes, parents should know what their kids are doing online, but dream on).

I reread ‘Big Brother’ by Lionel Shriver recently - a sharp, highly insightful and upsetting account of obesity (Shriver had a morbidly obese brother, and wrote from experience). A few things struck me:

• the titular character is 368lb, or 26 stone. He is presented as a figure of tragedy and disgust, and very much seen as endangering his life at that size
  • The book doesn’t shy away from the downsides of being that size. Chronic pain, poor movement, social embarrassment and limitations (not finding suitable chairs in restaurants, for example), breaking furniture (including a toilet). You get a real sense of the character’s mortification and shame (as someone who was once 20st, went down to 10, and now sit around the 13st mark I recognise all of the signs - the secret eating, the shame, the knowing how people see me etc).

The book is from 2013, and I feel like the world has changed a lot in that relatively short time. Being that size is not so unusual anymore, and people like Becki and her selective presentation of her life only help fuel it. Her avoidance of the doctor is painful; I do not doubt a medical professional would have a very stern word with her (a doctor told me
I’d be dead by 40 if I kept on the way I was going. I needed to hear it).

I’d respect Becki a whole lot more if she was just honest. Honest about what she eats, honest about who she is, honest about what life is like at that size - because let’s face it, her life is awful. Rotting in her parents’ box room; a life purely for content; rapidly and worryingly declining health; a ticking time bomb for serious illness; no real friends; unhealthy relationships with young people in her family (I don’t think she’s a nonce, but I think she’s arrested as fuck and has zero appropriate boundaries); and no chance of ever having kids of her own.

I don’t think social media is the root of all evil, but at the same time it allows and accommodates this kind of behaviour and I think it’s perversely fascinating.

I feel strongly about weight issues and continue to wrestle with my own. That’s my responsibility and I am trying constantly to manage it; I owe it to myself and latterly those around me to be as happy and healthy as I can. As a card-carrying member of the Dead Dad Club I cannot fathom how Becki priorities her sad online life over helping him at the end of his: she is one of the most tragic people I have ever encountered in the widest sense of the word.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

TheLastLolo

VIP Member
‘I don’t know why people get so pressed’

because you’re a fucking hot air balloon on legs with a head the size of a space hopper and you’re likening a 12 hour working shift to 7 hours watching children ‘dance’ and suggesting it justifies shovelling food into your fat stupid mammoth face constantly. God she riles me, the jibbering fucking sad act with her sausage fingers and Desperate Dan head complete with beard. And why does she have 5 peoples share of eyebrows? What a cunt.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Venom

VIP Member
saw this on the reddit by u/hovathatnova
1711481456804.png

vile fat cunt, ian should have pulled out

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 46

Reddy79

The TokFest video 😂😂 It’s absolutely dead. Seen more people waiting for a bus on a Monday morning 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 46

jiggy_girl

VIP Member
I'm not a fan of the royals, nor am I wishing anything on Becki. But the fact someone as fit as Kate Middleton ends up poorly, while Becki is fine really aggravates me

Reactions: 44

BunnyBoo0102

VIP Member
‘I show it but it’s non of your business’

don’t fucking show it then ya fat greedy cunt.

then says she understands people only taking a sandwich and crisps for a 12 hour shift but because they sit there literally all day you get peckish?!
Wdf?! You mean you’re bored so you eat!

why rant when non of it makes sense!

• Haha
Reactions: 43