Beckhams #2 Nepotism is our family game; anything to sell the family name.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Victoria has blended her luxury Ready to Wear line with her diffusion line, Victoria, Victoria Beckham - cutting the brands price point by about 40%.

www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/article/victoria-beckham-brand-merger
The outfits are still unwearable for 99% of women who are not stick insects and the designs are mostly hideous. I always fondly remember the 'escaped from the asylum' outfit of matching shirt/skirt carrying what looked like a dead teddy but was in fact a tissue box holder or handbag. I miss her crab walk too 🦀

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The outfits are still unwearable for 99% of women who are not stick insects and the designs are mostly hideous. I always fondly remember the 'escaped from the asylum' outfit of matching shirt/skirt carrying what looked like a dead teddy but was in fact a tissue box holder or handbag. I miss her crab walk too 🦀
I’ve always liked a lot of her dresses and skirts - probably more from her first few collections - but the price point was waaayyyyy too high to justify them. I don’t love everything now but there are a few nice pieces each season. I think she’d have been a lot more successful if she hasn’t tried to be the Birkin of the clothing world!

Reactions: 7
I’ve always liked a lot of her dresses and skirts - probably more from her first few collections - but the price point was waaayyyyy too high to justify them. I don’t love everything now but there are a few nice pieces each season. I think she’d have been a lot more successful if she hasn’t tried to be the Birkin of the clothing world!
Anne Robinson had one of her dresses on when she was on Lorraine last week. I liked the dress but it was almost £1500 and was quite ordinary, nothing really screamed designer about it.
Here if you want a look at it. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...f-aware-know-not-Countdown-fans-warm-her.html

• Sick
Reactions: 3
No brown dress is worth £1500.

Love my fashion but never saw the appeal of VB's stuff. Always looked like generic, overpriced Zara to me.

The outfits are still unwearable for 99% of women who are not stick insects and the designs are mostly hideous.
Yep. As Jessica Simpson found out...ouch.

1625238516595.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
That says it all when even Jessica Simpson absolute Queen can't pull off one if VB's dresses. There's literally hope for no.ome unless you're a size 6. No hips. No boobs.

Anyone remember the story about the death threat before the Brit awards and Victoria thought she was going to get shot on stage?

Reactions: 1
I remember the kidnap plot well and think it was wildly exaggerated. It was actually a “scope” by the liars and creators of drama who used to be known as the “news of the world”. They devised/ uncovered a dossier on the murky Eastern European gang (of Course, there’s a bit of racism chucked in- it was the NOTW!) then allegedly informed the Beckhams and the police.

the beckhams have eagerly reported this story ever since, framed by how traumatised they were but it’s never been clear how believable or viable the threat was. My instinct is it was as unlikely as it sounds.

I do think people are mostly respectful about Harper here... if anything they're saying Victoria has the ED issue, not her.
Harper is a real sweetheart IMO, I'm just afraid of the brainwashing from her Mother.

Anne Robinson had one of her dresses on when she was on Lorraine last week. I liked the dress but it was almost £1500 and was quite ordinary, nothing really screamed designer about it.
Here if you want a look at it. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...f-aware-know-not-Countdown-fans-warm-her.html
Beautiful design - with the way the skirt falls like that - but in all honesty, I could whip something like that up on my Singer ... pattern, fabric, cotton and zip / button included ... for about $150 easy peasy.

Reactions: 9
I wish I could find that clip of her walking like a crab!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Harper may be a sweetheart but her brothers fiancée is an entitled witch based on the court cases taken by her families staff. I wouldn’t want her spending time with my nine year old.

Harper seems sweet, but she will never be model material.
I hope her mum doesn’t try to push her down that route

I'm 5'2" - none of clothes were made for me. Trousers dragging on the ground, sleeves slumbering in ya soup - no, no and no. Oh those monstrous metal-heeled shoes 🤮

There is nothing ‘effortless’ about VB!
Hysterical - ear-ache again Vicky?

I wish I could find that clip of her walking like a crab!
Old airport clips...

If this isn't it, it must be just as bad!

It is worse but this is funny and so contrived.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Her hotel exit walk to the car was the highlight of her day .

I know she was shilling the clothes but to be caught clumsily side stepping to the indoor spot in order to stride out was poor.

The brown dress would be ok in a dark green or navy - but nowhere near £1500. I need a sleeve, so wouldn’t wear it anyway.
A bit of a sleeve, and would pay £120 if the fabric was decent and it hung well (and not in that colour).

Who wears her clothes? I’ve seen the unflattering pleated polyester skirts etc - who buys this stuff?
You can get much nicer stuff in Reiss.

Reactions: 4
WOW. Why did she step to the side? Wtf?. Why can't she turn corners. It's so weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.