Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Olive16

🌙

Morning all, I finally had delivered the facial epilators, you lot are stars!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I have used it twice now and its really great, doing my tash was a bit eye watering.

My chin will need a few sessions but better already.
Hey!
Just wondered what epilator you went with for your facial hair? I've been looking but there are so many and all mixed reviews! 🤦🏽‍♀️ TIA x

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
I was going crazy the first few weeks of lockdown but I've actually quite enjoyed painting my nails in front of the tv at night, bought a brow tint kit off amazon which is really good and been using wax strips I got from Home Bargains that were only 99p! Finally got my hair done though on Friday which is just the best feeling ever. Going away for the weekend for my birthday in a few weeks so I am tempted to get my nails/lashes done. Always do my own fake tan anyway.

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I used to get my eyebrows waxed every 3 weeks at £15 and get shellac nails done every 3/4 weeks at £25! Occasionally got my eyelashes lifted and tinted and that was another £30.

Since being in lockdown I've been doing my own eyebrows (not difficult just time consuming... I have high maintenance brows that grow out really quickly!) and have invested in my own gel nail lamp kit off ebay for £50 altogether.. I will never again pay to have my nails done professionally when its so much easier and cheaper to do at home!

I am however missing my lash lifts and tints. Has anyone tried one of those home kits off ebay/amazon? I'm a bit skeptical of attempting to do it myself with these chemicals... knowing me I'd probably accidentally get it in my eye and blind myself! Some things might be better off left to the professionals.

I also cannot wait to have my hair cut!
I’m a beauty therapist and do lash lifts, I’d really advise against the home kits! There are so many chemicals in the solutions, there’s a real risk of irritation/swelling etc if you get it in your eyes!

I’ve been shaving instead of waxing and using hair growth serum seeing as I haven’t had a cut for ages and I’m growing it... I usually have my nails done every two weeks and I can’t believe how damaged they were when I took it off after lockdown! At the moment I’m putting a strengthening treatment on them once a week and they’re looking loads better already.

laughing

VIP Member
Yes, long sighted. May ask hubby to pluck eyebrows.......

Will have a look at facial epilators, thanks

KfBr

VIP Member
ill give it a go I’ve only been soaking them for 5 minutes, I obviously haven’t been patient enough!!

The answer to that is verrrrryyy slowly and carefully I guess 😂 my one hand is always neater than the other! Think the trick is to do as thin coats as possible
I’m a nail tech 👋🏻
Try buffing the shine off your nails then wrap them in the cotton wool and tin foil 😁 this will speed up the process too!
Try not to over file your nails too, they are sensitive little things that can be easily damaged!

Thechubbymoaner

VIP Member
Always do my own plucking of eyebrows and I shave rather than wax everywhere else. My nails are just natural but i am missing haircuts and highlights which I can’t do myself hence why I now have candy floss pink hair to try and cover the roots 🤦‍♀️
Oooh me too! It has to be done (pink hair that is)

Mercedes12

VIP Member
My at home brow tint kit has been a life saver!

Also my hairdresser was selling pre mixed hair dye so I’ve applied that myself to sort out the roots. Doesn’t look as good as if I’d had it done professionally but definitely an improvement and will tide me over until salons open!

Really missing nails and lashes though. Plus my Botox has worn off so I look soo old 😂😫

GlennCoco

VIP Member
I had professional laser treatments done (3 sessions) and was so shocked and happy with the amazing results, but it was so expensive and I had to travel to Manchester every few weeks so after a lot of research I bought this one. I got it from Boots last year when they had an offer on and it gave me loads of boots advantage points. I was a bit anxious parting with so much money but I’ve not regretted it. I used to shave 3 times a week and more if I had a night out or it was summer as I’m so hairy and have dark coloured thick hair (I would even shave my face once a fornight). But now I can go 10+ days without shaving but I’ve not even finished my course. You’re meant to do it every 2 weeks, 6 times and then only once every few months to maintain it but I’m not the best at sticking to schedules 🙈. Since lockdown I’ve stuck to it and I’m so happy. My underarms hair has practically gone, I’ve not shaved them for weeks. It’s just the bikini area and arms that are still growing (I put a lower setting on the bikini area so it’s why that takes longer for the hair to stop growing). You can go halves with a friend and share the machine to share the cost. My sister has borrowed mine a few times but I wouldn’t share it with more than one person as the laser eventually wear out or becomes less effective after so many uses. Sorry for the long post but hope it’s helpful. Let me know if you want to know anything else about it or laser hair removal in general.
Does it hurt???

Globe

My hairdresser won't recommend dye in case something happens 😔 I'm getting nervous I'm going to find greys, I know they're lurking in there somewhere.

working9-5

Chatty Member
I used to get my eyebrows waxed every 3 weeks at £15 and get shellac nails done every 3/4 weeks at £25! Occasionally got my eyelashes lifted and tinted and that was another £30.

Since being in lockdown I've been doing my own eyebrows (not difficult just time consuming... I have high maintenance brows that grow out really quickly!) and have invested in my own gel nail lamp kit off ebay for £50 altogether.. I will never again pay to have my nails done professionally when its so much easier and cheaper to do at home!

I am however missing my lash lifts and tints. Has anyone tried one of those home kits off ebay/amazon? I'm a bit skeptical of attempting to do it myself with these chemicals... knowing me I'd probably accidentally get it in my eye and blind myself! Some things might be better off left to the professionals.

I also cannot wait to have my hair cut!
I dye/tint my own eyelashes (see my post on this thread) and coming from someone who is clumsy, I’ve managed it for years without blinding myself 🤣
I refuse to pay $10-20 for it each time at a salon.

working9-5

Chatty Member
How does home eyelash tinting work? I’ve got a kit for brows (not used it yet) which also works for lashes but I was a bit worried about trying lashes.
I use a set from amazon called ‘strictly professional’. It’s harder doing it myself and I don’t close my eyes the way the beauty therapists apply it but paint it on like mascara, try not to blink and then leave it ten minutes. It’s so much cheaper doing it this way x

I use rectofil tint, blue black. You need oxidant as well. Mix it all together until it is a paste. Vaseline around the eye area so the tint doesnt stain if you blob it on your skin. (I manage to every single time) Then with a small angled brush I just brush it onto my lashes, and then comb through with a spoolie. Ta da!!

I did a patch test with both just to make sure.

I'm not sure about the lash curl and lift treatments. They seem a bit tricky to so yourself. I keep seeing one advert on facebook (unsure which brand) and the models eyes look really swollen. 😬
Way more helpful than what I just wrote 😂

What do you use to tint your eyelashes if you dont mind me asking? I love doing beauty treatments at home and want to try it.
I've seen ads for at gone lash curl and lift treatments. I really want to try it I've had LVL done loads of times but I'm a bit nervous about this has anyone tried it?
I see you’ve got a better answer but I use a lot by ‘strictly professional’ on amazon x

Mustard

VIP Member
My at home brow tint kit has been a life saver!

Also my hairdresser was selling pre mixed hair dye so I’ve applied that myself to sort out the roots. Doesn’t look as good as if I’d had it done professionally but definitely an improvement and will tide me over until salons open!

Really missing nails and lashes though. Plus my Botox has worn off so I look soo old 😂😫
Which brow tint kit do you use?

Raininvain

VIP Member
I've been using little wax strips for my brows and tweezers plus the nail scissors, they look nice actually. I usually have them threaded, I don't miss the pain of that. My hair looks a dog, I trimmed the fringe and it way too short, like 3 inches above my eyebrows. It was getting in my eyes and making them sore everyday. So I had not much choice really, I just want the hairdresser to open again. What an absolute fucking pain this whole thing has been.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
One thing I am finding very hard is trying to pluck my eyebrows when I wear glasses, just how do you do it?
Is your eyesight so bad you can’t do it without glasses, really close to a mirror? That’s how I do mine

Edit: just realised you might be long sighted which I can imagine being a nightmare!

Loulou_23

VIP Member
I do my own nails with a lamp and gel colours have done for a while so nails aren't any issue. Neither are brows and hair as I tint/ pluck my own brows and get them threaded even few months to keep a decent shape. I had them tattooed a couple of years back and although they have faded they still have colour / some shape without make up. My hair is long and I don't dye it but it could do with a trim now.

The thing that I'm missing is my hollywood waxes usually get a wax every 5 weeks. I was last waxed just before lockdown, my waxer has said don't shave which I havent coz it will hurt more when I do get waxed again. I did buy wax strips and attempted to do the bikini area but it was hard work. Have also (carefully!) trimed it myself. Can't wait to for the salon to reopen!

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
My (dark brown) roots are a good 4 inches now and the rest of my hair which was blonde highlights is about 5 different colours, I'm getting really sick of it now, can anyone recommend a semi permanent box dye or should I just hang in there as I have made it this far? 😂 thanks!