BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I listen to it usually eating our roast then when cleaning up and then having a little 🍷
I do like rob Beckett tbf but he is so different to Paul it will be a completely different kind of show
Same here, although we had sausages, mash, veg & a yorkshire pud this evening for a change.
I believe Paul's easy-going show aids digestion 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Same here, although we had sausages, mash, veg & a yorkshire pud this evening for a change.
I believe Paul's easy-going show aids digestion 😁
I used to listen to him a lot. Must go back on Sounds and listen to some old ones. I do watch his ITV dogs programme though.

Listened to DID with Leslie Caron yesterday. Not bad.

Riz Lateef is sitting in for Vanessa Feltz all week. Apparently she’s the deputy news manager at the BBC.

Last edited:
I used to listen to him a lot. Must go back on Sounds and listen to some old ones. I do watch his ITV dogs programme though.

Riz Lateef is sitting in for Vanessa Feltz all week. Apparently she’s the deputy news manager at the BBC.
I really like Riz. However this morning I'm listenting back to the first part of yesterday's Robert Elms show that I missed, l generally ike Dr Loiuse Raw's contributions, yesterday's topics were London bookshops and uncontrollable women.

I missed the last part of Jo Good yesterday so I might try to catch that later as I am interested the Addams Family show onstage, although the show will probably just be more of the same...
jo good bbc radio london advertising youtube middleagedminx influencer.jpg

Reactions: 1
I really like Riz. However this morning I'm listenting back to the first part of yesterday's Robert Elms show that I missed, l generally ike Dr Loiuse Raw's contributions, yesterday's topics were London bookshops and uncontrollable women.

I missed the last part of Jo Good yesterday so I might try to catch that later as I am interested the Addams Family show onstage, although the show will probably just be more of the same...
View attachment 1061170
I missed a lot of his show yesterday. There are quite a few pictures up of his ‘Robert Elms Live’ from the Betsey Trotwood last night. On his account and Wayne’s account. Rock and Roll Routemaster also pictured.

Leslie Caron was good, an incredible life.

Leslie Caron was good, an incredible life.
Yes she was good. A complete lack of self pity over quite sad events.
Anne Tyler next week which should be good. I've heard her interviewed before and she seems lovely - plus I love her books.

Jeremy Vine off on holiday again, quite prefer the stand-in lady, Tina.
Much easier on the ears.

It was wonderful having Huey Morgan dipping for Cerys Matthew’s on the Blues Show last night. No nonsense, just the relevant info about the tracks and some mighty fine music. I think Cerys is a fantastic host but it’s good to have a change now and then.

I wonder how many listeners are tuning away for good from Jo Good on BBC Radio London. Last night her fawning breathless fan-girl interview with creepy Jonathan Saccone Joly. She sucks up to any influencer with a large following. The many (lucky) listneners who don't know who his would be baffled by Jo's gushing, in-thrall interview where she let him drone on about his misery memoir and speak about himself in the third person.

Trying to listen back to the Chewin' the Fat segment (like nails on a blackboard when I hear her say that) the tech problems, as always, are terrible, they expect listeners to tolerate this for an hour every night? People must be turning off in their droves listening to "Can you hear me? " "I have you in audio but not in vision" "Wow, look at your bookshelf!!" "we haven't got Joe Bloggs connected yet but Mel is doing his best" FFS, rivetting stuff. They need nine guests per week for that segment, I can hear that barrel being scraped right now.

Outlook - Anne Frank’s stepsister - how I survived Auschwitz part 1 and 2

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Steve Wright is almost unlistenable, sings in a childish voice over virtually every song now.
What a tit.
"Great show Steve...lovin' the show from Tenerife...what have you got The Bobbster??...TIM SMITH!..."do you know Steve that the world revolves on it's axis?...wow!...thanks Janey..."
I really miss Shaun Keaveny on 6Music afternoons.
:(

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Steve Wright is almost unlistenable, sings in a childish voice over virtually every song now.
What a tit.
"Great show Steve...lovin' the show from Tenerife...what have you got The Bobbster??...TIM SMITH!..."do you know Steve that the world revolves on it's axis?...wow!...thanks Janey..."
I really miss Shaun Keaveny on 6Music afternoons.
:(
Completely agree about Steve Wright. I’m convinced he’s got dirt on someone high up at the Beeb otherwise surely he’d have been slung out on his ear years ago.

I much preferred Shaun on the breakfast show on 6, I think he’d lost his way a bit in the afternoon slot. But I’m a similar age and share his taste in music so I miss that, although I think Craig is doing ok.

On the Sounds App - The War Brides Return. First broadcast in November 2011. A group of women who left Britain
after WW2 to be with North American men they had met here, return to this country for a visit.

Reactions: 2
Just discovered Americast on Sounds. It’s with Emily Maitlis and Jon Sopel. Listening to the one about the Canadian truckers - What the Truck?

I’ve been listening to the coverage of the Ukraine invasion on the World Service. It’s devastating but it’s being done in a very thorough BBC way. It’s like listening to From Our Own Correspondent.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.