Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mustard

VIP Member
Me neither, I never listen in the evenings, if Cristo Foufas is on an upbeat topic over on TalkRadio I will tune in there, a hangover from when I used to listen to Iain Lee at that time.

For me the most irritating thing about Jo Good is the constant me-me-me, I do wonder how she will attract followers to her SM if she loses her show, which she seems to use as a personal showcase. Also tedious are her many affectations, for example pronouncing "suits" in that very RP way, but then forgetting to be la-di-da and dropping a g, you'll often hear listenin', talkin', doin' etc. Neither should she bother with words she doesn't understand, her muddling of prodigy/protege is particularly grating.

A new broom won't go amiss at BBC Radio London. This morning Vanessa aired overexposed caller Maureen from Plaistow who, shortly after, reappeared during Robert's show - at least for her encore she was talking about music and not reciting one of her poems or rabbiting on about dreary old-time recipes.
I have to say that Maureen from Plaistow is one of the least bothersome callers to me. She’s like a grandmotherly figure, but yes she is on a lot. The one I have to switch off is the woman from Sutton with a Yorkshire accent who is usually calling Jim Davis and Duncan Barkes. She yaps away in a monologue and they can’t get a word in.

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Why is Eddie Nestor interviewing someone now at 1652 in the JK slot? Are they using previously recorded interviews? It’s the first time I’ve turned BBC London on in today’s daylight hours. Edit I’ve just answered my own question. Yes.
I haven't listened to BBC Radio London today, I've given up.

I was going to listen back to Jo Good's debut in the 10pm slot last night. For those who don't know it was "Jo's House Party" broadcasting from her flat, so that she can have live guests, who are not allowed in the BBC studios. Jo has said she is super excited to be in the new slot with lots of exciting things planned, but also commented on Insta that she is #humiliated at being sent back to the nightshift.

I don't think I can bear listening back to last night's show after reading about it on the Jo Good threads: her poor elderly dog being very upset with everyone in the small flat so late when she would normally be asleep (the traumatised dog messed twice); the guests eating and drinking, with chewing and slurping sounds; Jo Good squealing; and descriptions of her slovenly domestic habits. It all sounds too sickening.

Do I tune in tonight at 10pm, when she will be in the studio?

Last edited: