Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

Shocked that Grimshaw would quit as he never seems comfortable in front of the camera, so I don't expect TV work. Maybe he will end up on Heart like Dev did? Love Vick Hope and Jordan North so I am happy with this.

Mustard

VIP Member
I enjoyed yesterdays’s Saturday Live. It featured Anthea Allen, a critical care nurse at St. George’s Hospital in Tooting who has just written a book, Naughty Boy, musician who talked about caring for his mother who has dementia, and Mary McCartney.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Hmm, Robert Peston is Robert Elms’ Listed Londoner today, because he’s written a novel called Whistleblower. He was also on the Fortunately podcast with Fi and Jane. Not sure I will be able to listen for long.
I imagine there will be plenty of long pauses and ummms & aaahs.

The guest, Jack Thorne, on Desert Island Discs just now has just broken down & cried talking about his father.

Mustard

VIP Member

Shocked that Grimshaw would quit as he never seems comfortable in front of the camera, so I don't expect TV work. Maybe he will end up on Heart like Dev did? Love Vick Hope and Jordan North so I am happy with this.

He could have been sacked but was allowed to say it was his choice. That’s a large salary to give up.

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
Claira Hermet sitting in for Jo Good on BBC Radio London is hard to listen to, the stiff way she reads out a topic is like she's giving out homework. Obviously never heard of Anya Hindmarch either.

VeeJayBee

VIP Member
I tuned in to hear Eddie Nestor's first show in the Monday to Thursday, 10am to 2pm slot on BBC Radio London, he having previously been on drivetime. He addressed the fact it might be considered a demotion, as breakfast and drive are the main shows, but made it clear he does not consider it a demotion. He said Robert Elms (who used to be on at 10am) has been very kind to him, I wonder if Jeanette Kwakye will say the same about her predecessor in the afternoon slot, Jo Good. It will be interesting to see if JK promotes her personal social media accounts, as Jo Good did with impunity. Like Jo, Jeanette promotes companies with which she enjoys commercial agreements.

I was suprised to hear music on eddie Nestor's show, it is some respite as he will be discussing the day's issues, so far he just seems to be carrying on from Vanessa. I am now tuning out as I do not want to listen to the same thing until 2pm, very heavy going, not least becuase I can't stand EN's voice and manner.

Mustard

VIP Member
On BBC Radio London now is Life’s Second Chances, about people who have recovered from Covid 19, interspersed with music. I’ve definitely heard this before. The Make a Difference Heroes Meet aired twice yesterday.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
I’m struggling with listening to him right now. For a broadcaster, his delivery is shit. He rambled on and on and doesn’t seem to have prepared any answers which is tedious.

I don’t think I know who Jack Thorne is.
Believe he is a screenwriter, he was getting quite political at times, in amongst the sobbing.
Quite a forgettable episode.

Mustard

VIP Member
And Vanessa Feltz continues to post relentlessly on her Insta account. So many of them are set ups. The Pip Scofield one where she was talking about getting an Only Fans account and the one with her and her boyfriend in bed together….have you seen her account @Miss LDN ? She was peeling eggs yesterday for guests coming over and mentioned bagels. Does she get them in Panzers? They weren’t tagged. But bagels were hashtagged. Panzer she must supply bagel to all of St. John’s Wood including Paul McCartney. He had imparted his filled bagel recipe a few times and mentions Panzers.

Last edited: