BBC Radio #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very well said. Liza is about the only person worth listening to on the station these days, and one of the great things about her show is the way she runs with the mad messages people send in about the nominated topic of discussion, especially when it's a particularly funny contribution and she busts a gut laughing at it. Also when people mention their dogs and she greets them on air and presses the squeaky toy 🤣 I can't imagine her style of broadcasting being quite the same in a pre recorded show.
Liza's style is very similar to that of Danny Baker's show minus music which he had on 5 Live before he got sacked (over the Royal baby photo).
Its funny as personally I find him annoying but loved that show. He had the quirky topics feature eg 'when your puddings became dangerous' or something like that and his depth of knowledge of various things was amazing.
I think he has a podcast of the programme but haven't listened for some reason. A while ago I looked up his patreon and it was astonishing - I think he earned about £150k pa from it.

Reactions: 2
Yes he was Chris’ producer back in the day!
Oh, wow. I had no idea that little Aled from Aberystwyth had reached such lofty heights. I used to listen to R1 religiously, especially Chris's breakfast show on my commute to work. I can't stand Moyles nowadays though and never followed him to other stations. I stopped listening to him (and R1) a long, long time ago.

Back in the day, I used to prefer Producer Rachel (from Kidderminster!) and also Dave, Dom and Chappers, of that lot.

Chappers particularly seemed like a genuinely nice guy and I was sad for him, when he lost his wife. Professionally though, it's good to see him doing so well these days as he comes across as likeable and good at what he does, deserving the success. (We watch quite a lot of football, in our house, so he's on our telly a fair bit.)

Reactions: 5
Chappers particularly seemed like a genuinely nice guy and I was sad for him, when he lost his wife. Professionally though, it's good to see him doing so well these days as he comes across as likeable and good at what he does, deserving the success. (We watch quite a lot of football, in our house, so he's on our telly a fair bit.)
I love Chappers as well. I’m pleased to see his success as like you say he just seems like a good egg who’d be the same to everyone behind the scenes as on screen. Unflappable and knowledgeable as a broadcaster as well

Reactions: 1
I love Chappers as well. I’m pleased to see his success as like you say he just seems like a good egg who’d be the same to everyone behind the scenes as on screen. Unflappable and knowledgeable as a broadcaster as well
Chappers was on House of Games last week, I was giddy with excitement. I love him!

• Heart
Oh, wow. I had no idea that little Aled from Aberystwyth had reached such lofty heights. I used to listen to R1 religiously, especially Chris's breakfast show on my commute to work. I can't stand Moyles nowadays though and never followed him to other stations. I stopped listening to him (and R1) a long, long time ago.

Back in the day, I used to prefer Producer Rachel (from Kidderminster!) and also Dave, Dom and Chappers, of that lot.

I went down a rabbit hole the other day after hearing Dom in a episode of Peppa Pig and was sad to find out that he and his wife,Nic, had split up
and she later died of lung cancer. I haven’t listened to Moyles since he left R1 so this was all news to me!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Was driving home and listening to Sara Cox request segment last night.
A man from Bury rang with a request for his wife for their 49th wedding anniversary - Chris de Burgh 'Lady in Red'.
'Ah' says Sara 'does this have special meaning for you and your wife?'
'Yes. I like it when she wears red as I'm a Manchester United fan'.
'Ah OK. Well before I play it do you want to say something lovely to your wife?'
'Yes. This is Lady in Red by Chris de Burgh'.
😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
A man from Bury rang with a request for his wife for their 49th wedding anniversary - Chris de Burgh 'Lady in Red'.
'Ah OK. Well before I play it do you want to say something lovely to your wife?'
😂
Amazing he's survived the 49 years....

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Liza Tarbuck's played a lot of Blues type music tonight, not really a complaint from me, but she seems a bit more downbeat than her usual cheery self.

There's no presenter listed on the BBC Radio 2 schedule for Sunday Love Songs tomorrow, I wonder if it will be an old pre-recorded show.

Last edited:
  • Sad
There's no presenter listed on the BBC Radio 2 schedule for Sunday Love Songs tomorrow, I wonder if it will be an old pre-recorded show.
I thought that Nicki Chapman was supposed to be covering until around Easter time, when a new permanent presenter will take over.

I thought that Nicki Chapman was supposed to be covering until around Easter time, when a new permanent presenter will take over.
Yes, you could be right, Nikki's a fairly regular stand-in on R2, would prefer her to Anneka Rice of vicar Bottley.

😂
Thought that was comical. Trying to be romantic playing a song sung by a guy who cheated on the person he wrote it about.

Tony Blackburn watched in amazement as a Yoghurt flew across his kitchen...........it was clearly a paranormal Activia...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Really enjoyed today's Desert Island Discs with playwright James Graham. Tbh I'd not heard of him but he wrote amongst other things the TV play Quiz about the coughing scandal on Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
I liked his music and he was interesting and funny.
Though I couldn't put my finger on who he sounded like, but it's Jon Ronson.

Really enjoyed today's Desert Island Discs with playwright James Graham. Tbh I'd not heard of him but he wrote amongst other things the TV play Quiz about the coughing scandal on Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
I liked his music and he was interesting and funny.
Though I couldn't put my finger on who he sounded like, but it's Jon Ronson.
I will catch this on Sounds at some point.
Thanks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.