Ballinger family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel that Parker gets more attention from Colleen than he does from his parents and having a new baby isn't going to help this plus they should be thinking about Luke's additional needs
I haven’t wondered before whether Parker felt jealous when Flynn was born because naturally Colleen will feel more attached to Flynn than Parker. Admittedly it seems that Parker has handled it well but I definitely think he’s taken on the ‘mini Miranda’ persona for the attention it gets from ‘Auntie Pantsies’ (spelling?) - side note, you’d think the older kids especially would stop calling her that now!

Reactions: 7
I haven’t wondered before whether Parker felt jealous when Flynn was born because naturally Colleen will feel more attached to Flynn than Parker. Admittedly it seems that Parker has handled it well but I definitely think he’s taken on the ‘mini Miranda’ persona for the attention it gets from ‘Auntie Pantsies’ (spelling?) - side note, you’d think the older kids especially would stop calling her that now!
Yes Parker is doing the mini Miranda stuff to keep Colleen's attention and I bet secretly glad when she had a miscarriage because he can keep getting the attention and you are right the older children should be calling her auntie Colleen by now.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
Yes Parker is doing the mini Miranda stuff to keep Colleen's attention and I bet secretly glad when she had a miscarriage because he can keep getting the attention and you are right the older children should be calling her auntie Colleen by now.
Such a horrible thing to say about a child wtf

Reactions: 13
that's a terrible thing to say even on a site like this one...

Parker was an hyper kid , he was very demanding and was given all the attention when younger , he was the star of the show, had his own channel...
, i think he got a little better lately to be honest . he tries to interrupt less and to let others have their moments
Yes he's still trying to speak like the adults ( by repeating sentences) but once he wasn't shown as the "star child" of the family i think he took it hard.
He still seems to like to do shows and stuff but why not?He developped an adoration for his aunt, why not? Of course he got attention from her she didn't have a kid and loves playing along, she still makes him props and stuff.

when he was given center stage and had almost all the focus people complained, now that he's trying to find his place in the family and he's getting older, people complain too :LOL:

Reactions: 6
Do Parker and Bailey still share a room wouldn't it make more sense for bailey to have her own being the only girl then Jacob and Parker share then Duncan and luke share and Chris, jess and New baby
Bailey is 13 this year

i think they let the kids choose where they want to sleep. Yes it would make more sense i agree.

Reactions: 1
Do Parker and Bailey still share a room wouldn't it make more sense for bailey to have her own being the only girl then Jacob and Parker share then Duncan and luke share and Chris, jess and New baby
Bailey is 13 this year
Poor girl, I can’t image what it’s like sharing a room with a boy when you’re 13 and going through grown up lady things which as a teen can be overwhelming and embarrassing!

Poor girl, I can’t image what it’s like sharing a room with a boy when you’re 13 and going through grown up lady things which as a teen can be overwhelming and embarrassing!
Christopher and Jessica said that the kids loving sharing rooms and regularly swap as well! They were talking about getting triple bunks, I’m not too sure if that was for the boys or if Bailey wanted to be included in that as well?

But I agree, Parker is 7 and probably can’t fully grasp anything to do with being a teenager, especially a teenage girl, and I think Bailey needs some privacy, a room just for her even if it’s just to escape the noise of the rest of the house.

Its probably only the UK but isnt it illegal for different gender kids to share after a certain age?

• Haha
Its probably only the UK but isnt it illegal for different gender kids to share after a certain age?
As kids grow up they might want more privacy and need their own space, especially if they're sharing a bedroom with a brother or sister. While it's not illegal for them to share, we recommend that girls and boys over the age of 10 have their own bedrooms – even if they're siblings or step-siblings. From NSPCC website (I actually thought it wasn't allowed either)
Actually edit to say, in the USA CPS say that children over the age of 5 shouldn't share a bedroom if not the same sex " CPS generally does not approve of boys and girls sharing a bedroom after the age of five years old. If one sibling is over the age of five, you should do whatever you can to ensure that they are not sharing the room with someone of the opposite gender. "

Reactions: 4
As kids grow up they might want more privacy and need their own space, especially if they're sharing a bedroom with a brother or sister. While it's not illegal for them to share, we recommend that girls and boys over the age of 10 have their own bedrooms – even if they're siblings or step-siblings. From NSPCC website (I actually thought it wasn't allowed either)
Actually edit to say, in the USA CPS say that children over the age of 5 shouldn't share a bedroom if not the same sex " CPS generally does not approve of boys and girls sharing a bedroom after the age of five years old. If one sibling is over the age of five, you should do whatever you can to ensure that they are not sharing the room with someone of the opposite gender. "
I know if the councils are involved with a family such as housing benefits or other issues they have a rule that children of a different sex must not share past aged 10 and same sex past 16. I remember having an issue with a family who had their eldest child turn 16 as well as a daughter over 10 and toddler in a 3 bed house and the council weren’t happy about it, in the end the council allowed the them to stay after converting a dining room into a bedroom for one of their children!

Of course with the pandemic they might not be able to look at bigger houses but in the UK we have been allowed to move houses and viewing houses if they are empty

I do generally like watching Colleens vlogs as her little family are so sweet. However, I hate that in more or less every single video she explains how her family are being COVID safe and following all guidelines etc. It’s so boring and I presume the majority who watch her videos watch all of them like me, so we know she follows the rules!!

Reactions: 8
I don't see anything wrong with a brother and sister sharing a room under 12.
Over 12 like Bailey is I would assume she wouldn't want to share with a brother but she does seem to want to🤷‍♀️

How many bedrooms does the house have?

I'd have thought Bailey has her own room as the only girl, Jacob and Parker share, and Duncan and Luke share.

But Jacob seems to love rooming with Duncan and Parker seems to love rooming with Bailey.

If they have another room, I'd put Parker and Duncan in one room, Luke and the new baby in one room, Jacob in his own room and Bailey in her own room.

Well Im assuming theyll be trying for another baby after this one from that gender reveal 😂

Reactions: 6
How many bedrooms does the house have?
Not sure how many bedrooms the house has..
1 for Jessica & Christopher
1 for Parker & Bailey
1 for Jacob & Duncan
1 for Luke
1 for the babysitter
So at a guess it would be 5 bedrooms. Could be more though!

Well Im assuming theyll be trying for another baby after this one from that gender reveal 😂
I really hope they don't. I think Jessica feels she has a point to prove. Either that she can still get pregnant despite PCOS or that she's still young enough to have children or to be the one with the biggest brood in the family (I think she mentioned her siblings not wanting loads of children). Whatever it is, point made!

yet another boy
NO SPOILERS HERE: I'll be really interested to see what name they come up with. I thought it was funny in their video where they announced the pregnancy to the children that they kept reiterating "We [Jessica and Christopher] will have the final say on the name", obviously terrified of some of the bizarre names Parker was offering.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.