Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kitt

VIP Member
Firstly, I think it’s a bit telling that their life updates are in parts - gotta monetise your lives as much as possible, right?

Secondly, it’s clearly not allergies but that allergist will just continue to take the money. He’s stressed, and not cause of YouTube, because he does everything for everyone and gets no time to relax or sleep. Poor guy. Apparently Jessica is doing more but we’ve been watching the vlogs, we know that’s not true. She said she was tidying and she was doing a jigsaw..

Reactions: 8

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
Yeah, they seriously do not need the kids to have a successful channel. Chris is interesting all in his own. Jessica can talk about Mom Life stuff all day long without filming the children. It’s possible.
Chris could run a really successful channel - I would definitely not be a fan of Jessica talking to the camera aka sanctimonious lecturing though.

I honestly thought you might be exaggerating a bit but I just watched it and you’re very right. Parker’s screaming was way more than usual to the point where he got Luke over excited and he snatched the spring roll from Chris. Bailey seemed to be more intense than usual. At one point she asked ‘can we order this every night?’ She’s 14, she knows that’s not possible. That’s something a 4 year old would ask, is she trying to be cute? They get all this silliness from Jessica cause Chris is quite chill in comparison.

Also they made a really big fuss about Duncan double dipping but then they all shared the straw on the drink. Make it make sense.
Parker is a totally over the top attention seeker, and as for Bailey she acts many years younger than her actual age. On one hand I like Chris - he's a likeable, hard working, interesting person, but on the other hand he is still using his kids for income - are they so desperate for income these days that particularly in Bailey's case they don't look at how she comes across in vlogs and realise that the way that she comes across isn't the way a typical 14 year old behaves, so she might end up getting severely bullied for it when she goes to high school? Do they not worry about that?

I also think that one of the big problems with Parker is that they basically created a 'monster' because he used to be the super cute one who was useful for creating content when he was younger - now he just comes across as being bratty.

Last edited:

Julia122

New here! After watching the video of them at Flynn’s birthday I HAD to say something. First off, i’m really glad the beginning of the video was just Duncan and Chris building Flynn’s present, Duncan deserves some undivided attention and I know he is the closest to Flynn so I feel like it was special Duncan was the one to build it. Next, I cannot believe Parker (it was Parker right?) was singing Happy Birthday to Flynn like that. You could tell Colleen was even questioning it. Especially looking at it KNOWING it was Wesley’s first day home. As for the piñata, I could not believe my eyes. I don’t think Bailey, Jake, or Parker should have even been participating since it was Flynn’s birthday and he’s only 3. I think Chris did all that he could to stop them without ruining the video tbh because it wasn’t only a video for viewers but also for Colleen since she had to leave. I also think it was probably awkward for Erik because they’re not his kids and saying something would have been weird. The only good parts of the video was Duncan helping Chris in the beginning and then the short periods where it was just the younger ones playing. Honestly cannot imagine what Erik’s parents think since they were here for this.
I’ve been waiting for someone to comment on the way Parker was singing happy birthday to Flynn! Looking at Colleen’s face says it all. Not sure why no one has stopped them from singing like that.

gossiper4

I think Bailey is a very immature teen and having done some acting and musicals has made her over confident to the point of being annoying. She’s always so over dramatic lately.
I personally feel like she's over confident in familiar surroundings but I think she'll be anxious in the real world around children her age and older than her.

Kitt

VIP Member
I think if they sent the kids to school, Chris could go back into working in tv production or something and he’d probably get a lot out of it. As it stands they have a house full of kids and a wife who uses the newborn as an excuse to do the bare minimum so he has to do a lot. He’s mentioned how tired he is a lot recently. I wonder if he ever gets any time just to himself. He often takes the kids out so Jessica can have time to herself, I don’t think Jessica reciprocates the favour.

Katielle13

It’s heartbreaking for her, I hope this will open her eyes to how traumatising it can be and stop with the click bait pregnancy titles. Maybe now she’ll see that taking pregnancy tests for fun and airing it on YouTube isn’t a very nice thing to do. I hope her and Erik are coping okay.

Barmybarney

Chris's tweet is his new year's resolution is to finish editing the Xmas vlog. So wanted to write 'maybe if Jess took the kids out for there daily walk instead of you you would have time'.
Chris seems to be really struggling and exhausted at the moment and she is to horizontal to notice

Ziggzaggz

VIP Member
I feel sorry for Bailey, finally Bailey goes in with Jacob and Duncan and she now has to share a bedroom with Luke. Luke should really share the nursery with the new baby boy. Can't imagine being 13 and having to share a room with a almost 2 year old

• Sad

Goldfish

VIP Member
I’m a lurker on this thread and don’t really stay up to date with the family, but I had no idea that Bailey was 13, I’m from the UK so maybe that’s why I find it so strange how child like she still seems as when I was 13 I was completely different and couldn’t think of anything worse than sharing a room with a baby full time! It seems like they’re putting so much pressure on her especially as he is a baby with additional needs.. poor girl

Reactions: 7

KINGAA

VIP Member
I didn't think she wanted another pregnancy?
She doesn’t but they also don’t seem to use protection and she’s been constantly taking pregnancy tests to ensure she isn’t or something crazy! There’s been many vlogs where she’s baited pregnancy by taking tests despite not wanting anymore biological children. They’re both dumb!

Edit: just watched, she went from not pregnant while taking tests on her Vlog, to positive tests and telling everyone making a reveal video to sadly losing it within a week and making this video a week later.

Why do YouTubers always have to put everything and in her case often too much online? I think it’s very important and brave of her to talk about but they should of taken the 3-4 months to themselves before making reveal videos for content - if that were me I wouldn’t dream of telling my whole family and friends before a doctor confirmed it because she had mixed results on tests.

Last edited:

Kitt

VIP Member
They got a new big TV gifted for their newest video cause they’ve all been crowded round a laptop to watch things for the past four years in this house. Tragic. Then they put the new TV in the parents’ bedroom so everyone has to crowd on the bed to watch something 🙄 seems like Jessica’s never leaving that bed ever again.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Puppet

VIP Member
A couple of years back they said Bailey would go to high school, but it may have changed now with Covid
Covid has just provided a convenient excuse. There's no way Bailey would cope in high school, she's just not academically able enough. As a child it must be great to stay home and follow your interests, but life's not always about doing what you like. Unfortunately homeschooling has made it far too easy for the Ballinger children to opt out of so many crucial subjects. They like to think their children are academically advanced, but it's easy to be good at the things you like if you can study them whilst excluding everything else. If you put them in a room full of similar aged children they'd see just how far behind they really are.

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
There’s absolutely no denying that Chris is a fantastic Dad. Participating with Luke’s therapy, taking the kids to the dentist, assisting Jacob with his costume for Halloween too. Yet, Jessica tidies the house .. oh wait.. ok well she cooks the dinners.. oh wait… well she.. errr.. you get the point. I appreciate we don’t see every minute of the day but we DO see Chris doing a lot and Jessica just sitting on the couch, lecturing about this and that. Take advent, the kids each got their little moment yet Jessica had each kid guess what the tea phrase was - yawn - along with each of them smelling it 😒
When they met the twins, everyone jumped up when Colleen came down yet Jessica just sat there as per. And as for the sustainable wrapping.. what’s sustainable about printing 1 letter on multiple A4 pages to spell out a Christmas gift? Yes, paper is recyclable but so is most wrapping paper. Talk about practice what you preach.
There has been (quite rightly) a lot of criticism on here about Jessica not doing anything - she tweeted recently objecting to content creators being criticised - I suspect the lecturing/ talking to the camera is her 'proving' to people that she is a content creator. If they are going to vlog anyway, we just want to see some evidence of her doing as much parenting as Chris does with their 6 kids. Having number 7 would be disastrous, although I do think that she is jealous of Colleen having twins, so #7 is probably on the cards. In the past when she has appeared to be on the couch more than usual or kind of hiding in vlogs, they have been concealing that she is pregnant - how old is Teddy? Are they hiding another pregnancy already?

a5adams

Rachel posted a 'what do we call him?' about Snoop but not Blaze. There was also another video with a lab and another dog in with Snoop but again no Blaze :(
I’d get rid of my SO if they had a problem with my dog. I’d never banish my fur baby full time to another room or re-home them. Over my dead body. I don’t know Blaze’s temperament so I don’t know if he’s aggressive or what- does anyone know? But anyway- Huge Red Flag. They’re never going to work out anyway, Rachel fell head over heels and went from 0-100 with this chick.

There so much the kids are deprived of. They haven't learned any social skills from being around their age, therefore can't read the room when they say/do something cringe. They don't exercise/play with other kids their proper age to learn equal opportunity or healthy competition. They haven't learned how to eat outside of home, like actual portions according to their age group since their parents feed them like 2yr olds with snacks and not real proper plates. They lack the reality of the world around them since their parents shelter them so much and have no actual clue how actually cruel/harsh the real world is. Imagine the awakening Bailey is gonna have once she starts school? She's going to have a culture shock from not even leaving the country but going down the street to school!!!! Imagine the gun safety drills she's gonna have to practice and not realize what's going on or why they're doing it. It's just sad. And they're gonna have the hardest time adjusting.

smg658

My kid and I enjoy watching the blogs but by god does Bailey get on my nerves, Parker too. They are both so over the top with their reactions to everything. I feel like they need to get out in the real world and get to school, do they even have any friends that they aren’t related to?

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
The Ballingers do like to be overly dramatic about everything don't they?
Here's a copy and paste of a recent tweet from Jessica: The team who came in to do repairs when our house first flooded were there ASAP and looked me in the eyes and said with their whole heart: I’m so sorry this happened to you. Something I’ve learned— Stuff like that means a LOT to people going through a sudden disaster.
Firstly, there is no way in hell all of the work they are getting done was caused by one washing machine overflowing one time.
Secondly, it's pathetic to describe it as a sudden disaster. A washing machine supposedly overflowed once, which they somehow managed to use to convince their insurance company to re-do the whole of their downstairs. It's BS. Don't dramatise being able to successfully con your insurance company by making what should have been a relatively minor issue more major. Perhaps use a dictionary or google the definition of a disaster, so you have a healthier idea of what can be described as a disaster. Your house didn't burn down or get taken out by a mudslide. You weren't displaced by war. You live comfortably, with both parents being stay at home parents, you could afford insurance, and somehow you were able to 'convince' that insurance to do a major renovation for you. But hey, let's sprinkle a dose of the Ballinger theatricals and hysterics over it all.

GiggleBee

VIP Member
You just know that Jessica will be jealous of Colleen having twins - Jessica really likes to play the role of earth mother being the centre of attention with a baby - her and Teddy have definitely been over shadowed this time. I think that the whole pyjama thing is a pretense and an act of being a tired mother with a newborn and a pile of other kids - it's her trying to deflect some of the attention away from Colleen and the twins. Pathetic.
Agree, I dont think itll be long before she's pregnant again so she can have the newborn.

Zegbru

I honestly feel like Jessica should be interacting with her children instead of doing a puzzle on her own in the hours the kids are awake. Do it when the kids are in bed - yes. Do it alongside your children - yes. Such a cop out excuse of having to do it before it's donated. Chris doing it all as per usual.