Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kendek

New here! After watching the video of them at Flynn’s birthday I HAD to say something. First off, i’m really glad the beginning of the video was just Duncan and Chris building Flynn’s present, Duncan deserves some undivided attention and I know he is the closest to Flynn so I feel like it was special Duncan was the one to build it. Next, I cannot believe Parker (it was Parker right?) was singing Happy Birthday to Flynn like that. You could tell Colleen was even questioning it. Especially looking at it KNOWING it was Wesley’s first day home. As for the piñata, I could not believe my eyes. I don’t think Bailey, Jake, or Parker should have even been participating since it was Flynn’s birthday and he’s only 3. I think Chris did all that he could to stop them without ruining the video tbh because it wasn’t only a video for viewers but also for Colleen since she had to leave. I also think it was probably awkward for Erik because they’re not his kids and saying something would have been weird. The only good parts of the video was Duncan helping Chris in the beginning and then the short periods where it was just the younger ones playing. Honestly cannot imagine what Erik’s parents think since they were here for this.

Reactions: 10

Kitt

VIP Member
Dying at Jessica doing puzzles in order to ‘declutter’ and in front of her there’s a counter covered in stuff. She just wants to sit and do a puzzle and call it tidying. Ok girl.

• Haha

AnnaT

Finally someone says it! The children can't even act like themselves anymore. I could hardly watch Bailey giving the "how to make your own boba" talk. The cringe is almost unbearable. You're not a vlogger. You're a 14 year old kid. It is absolutely not her fault of course, she doesn't know it any different. It is the parents, shoving the camera in her face since she was a small child. Also, ever seen reading the comments on here I've been watching Jessica more closely. I don't judge her for holding her baby, for not doing a lot, she's a mum of 6 with a baby, I'm sure she does more than the camera shows. However, what I do find odd and worrying is how little she interacts with Luke now that Teddy is here. It used to be all "Ohh I love you little Lukey" and "well done for.." and now she has the next small baby to dote over, the attention has wained. I find it worrying because Luke is special needs and would have greatly benefited from being the last child, so they really can focus on helping him thrive. I sincerely hope that is just by chance and not the reality it seems to be, with what we see from the vlogs.

EmmaRees

That’s a bit mean, she has been married to Chris for about 15 years.
I'd have to agree to this. It is a bit mean and also if we were going to go with that "rule" Gwen shouldn't be in it either because she's technically not a Ballinger either. They are both Ballinger women who have their own Ballinger girls.

anonymousally

Trying to be super respectful, but I tend to think about what we know (publicly) about Rachel and how this new relationship ties into it. We know (publicly) that's she's a giver. She's always helped Colleen, her parents, and anyone whenever. She's a do-er too, getting coffee's, working her tail off, working on her home, etc. Then add in her previous boyfriend relationship. It sounds like he really took advantage of her (she paid for his vehicle, etc). I just worry that she could be taken advantage of again, especially when she gives her all to everyone she loves. Plus gf says she was a fan of Colleen prior to them dating, and it makes me question her true motives even more.

Reactions: 9

Kitt

VIP Member
I feel so bad cause she’s just a kid but I can’t get over how weird Bailey can be at times. I watched the ‘fall’ vlog earlier today and Parker made those fun cookies and when she tried one she was so strange about it. You could tell even Parker thought it was weird and was trying to nicely tell her to just take a proper bite. I think she tries to behave how she thinks she should (acting like the cookie is the best thing she’s ever eaten to make Parker feel good) but she over does it majorly and it comes off so cringe.

KINGAA

VIP Member
Hi, I have been lurking at this site for a while now and I wanted to put options. *heads up this might not make any sense - I do have Dyslexia so keep that in mind when reading.

I can understand how excited Parker would be with the food cause he is a dramatic 8-year-old kid. Bailey is only around her brothers and is going to react the same way as them. I don't think she will be bullied. I hope she doesn't as she is a really sweet girl. yes, immature. She is just dramatic like the rest of her family. Which is fine. She will find her people in high school.

As for their bed situation.
I do feel like Bailey should have her own bedroom. Maybe when Teddy is older she can have that as her room and Duncan, Luke and Teddy can have Bailey's. But Bailey doesn't like to sleep alone (Probably due to not knowing any difference.) Jess and Chris have mentioned this in a vlog a while back.

As for their mess.
Yea until I read this I didn't really notice lol. They should tidy up and Bailey and Jacob could 100% help out in that area as it would mean 1 less thing for Chris to do and if Jess is always busy with the Teddy/Luke/homeschooling. I do think they should do a vlog on their chores. I liked to see what chores each kid does. Like, do they have chores? if so what do they do. Who does what? Does Duncan help out?

Jess and her laziness. I don't think Jess ALwAYS is lazy. again I didn't really notice this until I saw someone mention it. Jess does the homeschooling in bed. I do agree that doing school in bed is definitely not the best way to learn. I guess reading would be okay but anything else should be done a the kitchen table or desk or even outside. The bedroom is for relaxing. I have seen Jess in the past do cooking but it's usually desserts or something. And Jess has had SIX kids and that would take a lot out of the body so idk 🤷‍♀️ She is probably still breastfeeding and up all night with teddy- could be a reason why she is currently always sitting. ( but then you watching Colleen with twins who is always on her feet so I guess it's different from woman to woman.)

Chris does seem to be doing EVERYTHING but he is usually the one filming and you do only see 20mins snippets of their day. So hopefully behind the sense, Jess is helpful.

I do generally love Jess. She is a really lovely, caring and respectful woman. I generally like their family. I have been watching their whole family (Colleen and Rachel etc) for YEARS. Like maybe 9 years now.
This sounds very much like something Jess would say….. 😂😂

munchandbagel

There’s absolutely no denying that Chris is a fantastic Dad. Participating with Luke’s therapy, taking the kids to the dentist, assisting Jacob with his costume for Halloween too. Yet, Jessica tidies the house .. oh wait.. ok well she cooks the dinners.. oh wait… well she.. errr.. you get the point. I appreciate we don’t see every minute of the day but we DO see Chris doing a lot and Jessica just sitting on the couch, lecturing about this and that. Take advent, the kids each got their little moment yet Jessica had each kid guess what the tea phrase was - yawn - along with each of them smelling it 😒
When they met the twins, everyone jumped up when Colleen came down yet Jessica just sat there as per. And as for the sustainable wrapping.. what’s sustainable about printing 1 letter on multiple A4 pages to spell out a Christmas gift? Yes, paper is recyclable but so is most wrapping paper. Talk about practice what you preach.

Puppet

VIP Member
That was embarrassing to watch. 😲 I think Bailey needs to remember that being the centre of attention and acting like a brat is out there for everyone to see. She's going to be in for such a shock when she goes to highschool, her peers won't hesitate to let her know what they think of her behaviour.

Kitt

VIP Member
Just watching the latest vlog. I hate hate hate the homeschool in bed situation. So lazy and unstructured. No differentiation between home/relaxing and school/studying.

3calico3

VIP Member
I'm presuming that they are 'encouraging' Bailey to share with Luke so she can become one of his primary carers, while Jessica fawns over the new baby.

• Angry

ratmama

Honestly, I don’t even know why she participated at all in the piñata. She’s literally 14. Like that is the age where you stand back and let the little kids have their fun. It’s just so bizarre, I’m sorry.

Reactions: 8

KINGAA

VIP Member
It should of been
Bailey
Jacob
Parker and Duncan
Luke and new baby eventually
Jessica has an office separate from Chris downstairs full of crap, that room could of gone to Bailey or Jacob and that frees up one room for Parker and Duncan then Luke and the Baby could of shared. That nursery is quite big!

And this whole, Bailey doesn’t want to be left out etc. Bailey needs to grow up and become a young woman, allowing this is not helping her grow - she is stuck being 10 or something! She’s having to share with a baby with a completely different bedtime. What happens when she’s 14/15 and wants friends over for girl time or sleepovers they’ll have to also share with a toddler!

Katielle13

I do generally like watching Colleens vlogs as her little family are so sweet. However, I hate that in more or less every single video she explains how her family are being COVID safe and following all guidelines etc. It’s so boring and I presume the majority who watch her videos watch all of them like me, so we know she follows the rules!!

KINGAA

VIP Member
I like Bailey but in that ‘frustrated with her homeschool teacher’ video - Bailey was 100% overreacting about the work for the camera, it’s amazing that she’s passionate about books but it was a lot of high pitched squealing.
The map work book looked like something you’d do in first/middle school not high school…. By year 9 (U.K.) we were doing full blown essays ready for Sats and GCSES not gluing and cutting out pictures to colour paper!

Saltyshaker

She said on her podcast that she couldn’t follow the strict quarantine rules her mum and Colleen and ballinger fam were following and she will strictly isolate so she can be with them at thanksgiving

• Wow

hedgehog

Chatty Member
I’ve been waiting for someone to comment on the way Parker was singing happy birthday to Flynn! Looking at Colleen’s face says it all. Not sure why no one has stopped them from singing like that.
Sometimes children do things that makes people laugh, but then when they keep doing it over and over it grows tiresome and turns from funny to annoying... it's not always obvious to children so it's important to teach them that their behaviour is no longer funny and might actually be rude or annoying others... it seems sometimes the Ballinger children don't ever get told when to stop and this isn't the time/place to be 'funny'.