Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Trampoline

Chatty Member
Genuine question for mums of sons.... Do you think you will struggle seeing your son with a girlfriend or wife?

It seems to be so many stories of mums feeling threatened by their daughter in laws!!!
No I won't as long as she was decent. I want my sons to be happy and as long as she made him happy I would be happy 😊

Raininvain

VIP Member
My ex's dad told me to say I hit my head on a kitchen cupboard after years of domestic violence in which his son had strangled, kicked me and then head butted me with that much force he split my forehead open!
I don't think you can get worse than him!
Bastards, I hope you are alright now.

SamBamford

I've not had any better luck with the second MiL but now I've got a SiL to put up with as well. She can do no wrong despite not doing anything for the elderly mother. We can't go and just visit, we have job lists. Now I am happy to help with stuff but its never ending. The daughter doesn't even have a job list, she just sits on her well padded arse drinking tea and scoffing biscuits. Last time we were there I had to explain why I wouldn't stick my hand down an outside drain because she thought it was draining slowly We were taking her out for a meal later and I wasn't going to eat after clearing a drain or risk getting dirty. She soured the outing with her petulance even though I did other jobs for her. She upsets all except the daughter, they sit together whispering and giggling. Whatever is funny is not shared with me and I have no doubt that some of it is about me. Vile pair. I hate visiting and so glad that right now we have the perfect excuse not to.

Orange Creme

VIP Member
It has been very exhausting, mentally and physically. I haven’t had a proper nights sleep in weeks, I’m on edge daily, and I’m making myself physically sick with the stress, and that why I have caved, cause my mental health can’t take it any longer, I think I’m the only person that has lost weight in lockdown! But again, there is a magic pill out there that makes it all better 🤦🏻‍♀️ Right? (According to mil and fil)
Do you think your MIL and FIL are the root of your mental health problems?