Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nogoodusernamesleft

Chatty Member
She looks frumpy because she is frumpy :ROFLMAO:

Buying / trying on lots of things does not make you innately chic. I’m guessing she didn’t do much of that styling course she was yapping on about, because knowing when to pass on trends that don’t suit you was surely week 2 material.

My autocorrect was determined to correct ‘frumpy’ to ‘grumpy’, which is surprisingly apt here.

Reactions: 6

crazy cat lady

I unfollowed months ago, it’s the suggesting that you buy better quality etc etc bullshit that annoys me, when quite clearly that’s alrighty when you’re getting it for free!

Also, what does bought with PR discount mean?
Either it’s a paid ad or it was gifted surely?

Libertine

VIP Member
Melissa is as sour on the inside as she is on the outside in her janked up face.

As if she ‘gives out love’. She gives out affiliate links. (And poorly disclosed ones, too.)

B58EE933-3A4C-442A-B58E-0CAB3822C9A2.jpeg

FE9C792D-BD05-43BF-8AFA-51BF6AE0A18A.jpeg

• Heart

wibbly wobbly

Chatty Member
Her story seems so strange, obviously I am sorry for her losing her Mum. But she is still flogging her subscription and posting links to outfits at the same time as writing about her Mum. Would that not be the last thing you would think about?

Libertine

VIP Member
Is lying to followers worth reporting to the ASA? 🤔 All you need to report to them is a screenshot...

Melissa claims in stories that she only receives ‘pennies not pounds’ from affiliate links.

So I looked at her latest affiliate links/grid post and it’s for a picnic cloth dress from John Lewis. I looked at the dress and it’s £89. I searched for John Lewis’ affiliate link % and for Women’s Fashion it’s 6%.

Melissa makes £5.34 on each picnic cloth dress her followers buy as a result of her swipe up. If ten people buy one, she is paid £53.40.

She has 35500 followers, so maybe one hundred followers swipe up and purchase one? That’s £534. Pounds, not pennies!

It’s really not cool blatantly lying to your audience.

A86EE660-CE2F-4D51-B2E2-CF6A61E2E9C8.jpeg

EA92D83C-ADAF-44FC-874C-C1F42680FD04.jpeg

299B9CEA-BAC6-47B0-B890-65C87768E884.jpeg

88B71681-E6F6-4936-B54F-A0614E1CB38F.jpeg

• Wow

Libertine

VIP Member
I don’t like to criticise people’s bodies etc but, Christ, why world you upload a photo when your face is like a slapped arse.

View attachment 615489
Because CoNtEnT can’t be wasted.

I think I’m about to unfollow. She was all about high street clothes mixed back with what she already owned when I first started following her.

Then she hit that 10k followers and it has been SWIPE UP BABY ever since. 10k is the magic number that ruins previously nice accounts.

Affiliatedlink

Chatty Member
The woman has zero style, everything is an over the top mush mash of freebies gifted.
Her shoe ’recommendation’ (so many people asked apparently ?) just shows that anything for an advert and an Aff link swipe up, some of those sandals from M&S that she says are so comfortable etc etc are not so if you read the M&S reviews from the normal paying public!

• Heart

Dollyp

Chatty Member
She was crying poverty the other year … stories saying her husband had no job. Now it’s Loewe & Anine Bing basket bags and multiple European weekend aways! John Lewis paid ADs and such must be paying well.

Dollyp

Chatty Member
I don't think she's a stylist but she seems to. I don't know how she had the gall to set up the subscription service.
Greed!
I can’t believe people would pay for advice from her at £4.99 saying that, if only 100 of her (mostly fake) followers do so that’s £499 a month !!! So that’s why she has done it. Silly for those who subscribe!
---
Oh & don’t dear ask her for a link as it’s too much work putting individual links up & to DM. Rude lady!

Soapy Dolphin

VIP Member
I really don't get it. 🤷‍♀️
I think some influencers genuinely believe they are fashion leaders and creatives. In reality, they wear and promote the freebies they receive and all look the same. Very little critical thinking involved.

1695656768771.png

• Wow
Reactions: 5

Diggy

Think the subscription payments will also be helping , 1500 subscribers at £4.99 a month!

• Wow
Reactions: 5