Baby Reindeer Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Noticed in the show they said she was early 40s, but in reality she was early 50s. I wonder why they changed her age? RG would have been 26 at the time, i think. Makes it so creepy for me.
Jessica Gunning was great as Martha but too young to play someone in their fifties, it's a fictionalized version after all.

Reactions: 6
Well, RG insinuated she was likely abused by her family/didn’t have a good childhood at the end of the last episode. I’d like to think something like that wouldn’t be fabricated.
Ah yeah I did forget about that part. I just wonder what happened to her to make her like this. It’s sad really. Scary, but sad all the same.

I don’t know if I’d say she ‘got away with it’ because she went to prison and now has a restraining order. That being said, I don’t think she is well enough to be out in the general public and should be in some sort of mental health institution.

Id say the same if the gender was reversed, I just dont see what good can come of exposing her accounts I’m afraid. People are going to engage with her and all that’s going to do is feed into her own delusions. She’s clearly very skilled in finding out about people and their lives, obtaining information about them. What’s to say she won’t do that to these people engaging with her on social media?
The ‘good’ is that I now know who she is and will have absolutely duck all to do with her if our paths ever cross. Anyone engaging with her has a death wish.

Reactions: 4
I think the real Darrien will be outed at some point (I don't want to assume it's SF, although it is odd that it wasn't denied by him or Richard.)

The aftermath of the show does feel very Black Mirrory, we'll be seeing this story continue in real life.

Reactions: 9
The SF comment on RG instagram screams “solicitors got involved and it’s his word against mine so please leave it alone” to me 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 17
Brilliant series. The actor played himself which I thought was very brave considering some of the darker scenes . Those scenes triggered me to discuss with a close friend, for the first time ever, of my experience of a rape that happened to me 35 years ago.
---
So has the real Martha ever spent time in prison for anything?
Yes got sentenced for stalking him. I've been wondering where she is now and if she's learnt her lesson.
---
I really enjoyed this, so different to anything I’ve watched. I don’t know if I’m just mean but I hated Martha 😂 I had no sympathy
I'm a pacifist but even I felt like killing her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Brilliant series. The actor played himself which I thought was very brave considering some of the darker scenes . Those scenes triggered me to discuss with a close friend, for the first time ever, of my experience of a rape that happened to me 35 years ago.
I found lots of the show quite triggering and it’s definitely made me start to process some things I’ve been suppressing for a long time.

If anyone reading this has been triggered please reach out and speak to someone if you need to.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Those scenes triggered me to discuss with a close friend, for the first time ever, of my experience of a rape that happened to me 35 years ago.
I'm so glad this has helped you, and I hope it's helped even more knowing someone knows and is there for you <3

I had a situation 20 years ago, and although it was dealt with at the time and I had counselling when it happened, it's opened up a whole can of worms for me and I'm thinking of looking for someone to talk to professionally - does anyone know where is best to go that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I would go through the NHS route but as it's something that happened years ago I'd rather leave that space for someone who needs it now xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
---

Yes got sentenced for stalking him. I've been wondering where she is now and if she's learnt her lesson.
---

I'm a pacifist but even I felt like killing her.
She didn’t go to jail for stalking him in real life.

Reactions: 5
Noticed in the show they said she was early 40s, but in reality she was early 50s. I wonder why they changed her age? RG would have been 26 at the time, i think. Makes it so creepy for me.
Ironically RG is dating Bridget Christie now, who’s 52. Wonder if ‘Martha’ is jel
---
I'm so glad this has helped you, and I hope it's helped even more knowing someone knows and is there for you <3

I had a situation 20 years ago, and although it was dealt with at the time and I had counselling when it happened, it's opened up a whole can of worms for me and I'm thinking of looking for someone to talk to professionally - does anyone know where is best to go that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I would go through the NHS route but as it's something that happened years ago I'd rather leave that space for someone who needs it now xx
NHS waiting lists mean you wouldn’t get anything unless you’re at current serious risk anyway. However GPs are often able to direct you to private counselling in your area, so it is worth making a GP appointment if you’re comfortable doing so. If not, try googling low-cost counselling + your area. Rape Crisis offer some counselling but I have no idea on their waiting lists or provision. Many therapists offer fees on a sliding scale, it might be more affordable than you think, it just takes some searching. Mind charity is a good place to start too x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

You can phone your local Sexual Assault Referral Centre and they can support with referrals to the right places to people who are trained in this and offer the appropriate counselling for you. There is no time limit on reporting or getting support when you’re a survivor of sexual abuse

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've been stalked and it is horrendous - I don't think I will ever fully get over it and even now, I'm still cautious when I get someone wanting to follow me on social media.

Someone I was friends with and had a brief relationship with but it just didn't work.. and we decided to remain friends.
It started slowly, with a few texts and then texts started that made me uncomfortable, mentioning how nice I looked etc which worried me as they were worded in a way as if he had seen me somewhere even though we didn't live near one another. Then it would be a lot of texts which was overwhelming, then he just started to bombard me with messages all day. I mean one after the other and from early morning until late at night. I just thought to myself this is mental and blocked him.
But then he would just make new accounts, new emails, and buy new sim cards. I thought he would stop, get bored, and move on but he didn't.
When he found out I had a boyfriend by watching social media or getting people to watch it for him, he started a hate campaign against my boyfriend, adding his friends and family, messaging them calling them names, messaging my friends and family, ringing my work.. he was always there, always watching, and just would not leave me alone. He would show up at places he knew I would be - he lived nowhere near me but still showed up at my gym, at my work.. a friend had posted on her Instagram which was public about our upcoming hen party and he worked out when we would be in the airport and showed up there watching me in the airport bar. There is so much more but I would be here all day, and some of the things he would call me and abuse me with still triggers and upsets me
The police didn't seem to really care either because he hadn't harmed me, even though I had albums of close to around 5000 screenshots of messages and fake profiles sending abuse, they just told me to change my number, change my daily routine and maybe remove any social media I had for a while. I just wanted to cry, why was I being made to feel I had to change my life because someone wouldn't leave me alone. He has a new partner now and I haven't heard anything in about 5/6 months but I just know he will still be there somewhere, I feel like stalking me was part of his routine so I don't believe he has just stopped.

The thing is with a stalker - they don't think they are doing anything wrong, they think you owe them the right to talk to them, they don't care if you are scared or at the end of your tether. They will appear normal to everyone around them and then secretly be making your life hell.
You can block and ignore but they can be so relentless that to them they will find anyway possible to contact you. It didn't matter if they got a reply or not, they just wanted you to know they were still there.

I found throughout watching Baby Reindeer so incredibly angry for so many reasons and I struggle to have sympathy for 'Martha'.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50

It may be worth Googling "women's centres" and your local area.
I am somewhere in Lancashire, and there is Lancashire Women, who have been a wealth of support to me. Have various offices and many resources. Including face to face councilling.
Big hugs. Good luck in your search.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I was looking at her Facebook page - it appears she's got flatmates - imagine finding out she was your flatmate?!! I'm terrified I hit a like on her page😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.