Baby Reindeer Netflix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
stalking is horrific, i was stalked for two years by a guy , i had started a job and befriended a regular customer , as he told me sob stories , helped him with adopting a cat . i helped measure curtains etc . he seemed to think we were in some sort of relationship. which it wasn’t . i was married with children . i had to tell him enough , as he was telling people stuff that wasn’t true . he managed to get my phone number from my work , from the back of the office door for contact numbers as i was a manager . he would ring all hours leaving messages on the answer phone pretending to be all difffent guys who i had apparently given my number and was arranging to meet . he turned up at my children’s school just watching us .
questioning other male customers asking them if they had been with me , then making horrible stuff up where everyone was talking about me . like id been having sex in a back of a van with 6 guys etc .
he came to my work every day and sat in the bar just staring at me .
he had lied about having a disabled brother , he didn’t even have a brother . he said he had a high powered job and carried a brief case everywhere, all that was in there was a mobile phone and his lunch . the cat suddenly disappeared and his neighbour was sure he had done something to the cat .
Anyone i was having a conversation with in the bar , he would then target them to tell them things . which were awful and not true .
i was still having to serve him , and he would say under his breath , i bet you hate every bone in my body i am not going away . he got barred in the end .
then he pissed all over my car and let my tyres down.
i left my job stopped going out . this was in the 90’s police wasn’t interested.
his car was always driving by when i was doing school run . if i was in a supermarket he would appear there . i moved in the end . my husband had warned him and warned him but the guy just didn’t care .
2 years of pure hell

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
stalking is horrific, i was stalked for two years by a guy , i had started a job and befriended a regular customer , as he told me sob stories , helped him with adopting a cat . i helped measure curtains etc . he seemed to think we were in some sort of relationship. which it wasn’t . i was married with children . i had to tell him enough , as he was telling people stuff that wasn’t true . he managed to get my phone number from my work , from the back of the office door for contact numbers as i was a manager . he would ring all hours leaving messages on the answer phone pretending to be all difffent guys who i had apparently given my number and was arranging to meet . he turned up at my children’s school just watching us .
questioning other male customers asking them if they had been with me , then making horrible stuff up where everyone was talking about me . like id been having sex in a back of a van with 6 guys etc .
he had lied about having a disabled brother , he didn’t even have a brother . he said he had a high powered job and carried a brief case everywhere, all that was in there was a mobile phone and his lunch . the cat suddenly disappeared and his neighbour was sure he had done something to the cat .
Anyone i was having a conversation with in the bar , he would then target them to tell them things . which were awful and not true .
i was still having to serve him , and he would say under his breath , i bet you hate every bone in my body i am not going away . he got barred in the end .
i left my job stopped going out . this was in the 90’s police wasn’t interested.
his car was always driving by when i was doing school run . if i was in a supermarket he would appear there . i moved in the end . my husband had warned him and warned him but the guy just didn’t care .
2 years of pure hell
Sounds like a living nightmare. Sorry you have been through this.

Reactions: 17
2 years of pure hell
What happened? When you moved did he just give up then? Have you ever heard anymore about him? Did he go on to stalk anyone else?
That is so scary, I'm sorry you experienced that.

Reactions: 3
What happened? When you moved did he just give up then? Have you ever heard anymore about him? Did he go on to stalk anyone else?
That is so scary, I'm sorry you experienced that.
he befriended a friend of a friend and had a one night stand with her , then telling her to tell me and asking lots of questions about me etc .
after i moved i see his car a few times , as i used to vist my parents in the area . luckily then there was no facebook and social media so he couldn’t find where i’d moved to . i have no idea where he is now .
there was lots more to it but some of the things he was saying to people are to horrible for me to write .
---
Sounds like a living nightmare. Sorry you have been through this.
it was awful x

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
2 years of pure hell
Jesus christ, that's absolutely shocking. I read your post open mouthed. I'm so sorry.

Reactions: 10
I went to a training event and one of the speakers talked about being stalked. She said that most stalkers stalk a few people and rotate them, some vanishing for years unless drawn back. Worrying.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
he befriended a friend of a friend and had a one night stand with her , then telling her to tell me and asking lots of questions about me etc .
after i moved i see his car a few times , as i used to vist my parents in the area . luckily then there was no facebook and social media so he couldn’t find where i’d moved to . i have no idea where he is now .
there was lots more to it but some of the things he was saying to people are to horrible for me to write .
---

it was awful x
I'm so glad you're away from him and safe now xxx thanks for sharing your experience xxx

Reactions: 5
There was a woman on This Morning a week or so back who was stalked by a man she met only once when he signed up for a job through the recruitment agency she worked at.
He then bombarded her with sexually explicit messages, moved 5 minutes from her house and proposed to her. She got a lifetime restraining order and he went to prison. He made contact with her 2 hours after he was released from prison. She is terrified what will happen when he is released from prison again.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
How could you not know it’s about you if RG posted the REAL emails, the location where he worked and lived and he is the actual person that was stalked?!

He knew she would know.

I know this woman that everyone’s been posting did say about ‘hanging curtains’ but do we know for fact the real life person Martha was based on said this? Could Richard have used a few weird tweets from other people for this character? A mix of experiences in a way?
He did seem adamant she wouldn’t even know it was about her, but if she did say that sentence then she would know…

hope this woman isn’t a mistaken identity situation. Her tweets seem horrible though
I know this woman that everyone’s been posting did say about ‘hanging curtains’ but do we know for fact the real life person Martha was based on said this? Could Richard have used a few weird tweets from other people for this character? A mix of experiences in a way?
He did seem adamant she wouldn’t even know it was about her, but if she did say that sentence then she would know…

hope this woman isn’t a mistaken identity situation. Her tweets seem horrible though

Reactions: 15
How could you not know it’s about you if RG posted the REAL emails, the location where he worked and lived and he is the actual person that was stalked?!

He knew she would know.
He said she wouldn’t recognise herself - but that could be because she has mental health issues that render her delusional/amnesiac about everything that happened.

If the ‘real’ Martha is indeed the person who has been identified online, then she’s seemingly not got a strong grasp on reality. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 12
She’s not posted anything new today at all. Wonder what’s happened? She seems glued to fb posting shite numerous times through the day usually

Reactions: 3
She’s not posted anything new today at all. Wonder what’s happened? She seems glued to fb posting shite numerous times through the day usually
I think she stays awake for 24 hours then sleeps judging by the timing of the posts

Reactions: 8
I know he said she wouldn’t recognise herself but I can’t imagine sitting down to watch the man you’d stalked’s new TV show which is all about how he was stalked and thinking ‘hey so did he have another relentless stalker at the same time I stalked him because I didn’t see her??’

• Haha
Reactions: 54
As someone else who has also been stalked and had restraining orders taken out on multiple men, even when i was as young as 16, i share the sentiment that i don’t have one ounce of sympathy for Fiona.
Mental health does not absolve someone from destroying someone else’s mental health, it’s a purely selfish act of control and manipulation all about their own wants.
Looking at her FB, not only does she look even more manic, but her posts are some of the most disgusting and hateful things I’ve ever read, and she posts this stuff all day, every day. It’s who she is.

im convinced a lot of stalkers underestimate the gravity of their actions ‘oh it’s just an email’ etc, hopefully at least some will now realise the impact they have caused on other’s MH. It needs to be taken more seriously. It is a form of abuse, only viewed as less serious because it’s often remote, but if it wasn’t remote, how dangerous could they be?

• Heart
Reactions: 34
A thought just sprung to mind. Is it possible that people have been mass reporting her content and she has been placed on a posting ban by Facebook?

I haven't reported anything but I did consider it when I read all of the bile about gay and trans people.

She had a load of people 'reacting' to her posts, some angry.

Reactions: 9
A thought just sprung to mind. Is it possible that people have been mass reporting her content and she has been placed on a posting ban by Facebook?

I haven't reported anything but I did consider it when I read all of the bile about gay and trans people.

She had a load of people 'reacting' to her posts, some angry.
Yes that’s a good point

Reactions: 2
So if that is “Martha” tweeting at Richard in 2014, they have changed the timeline for the tv show? Coz on there it was August 2015 when she first came into the bar?

Reactions: 4
I don't want to share 'Real Martha''s identity here, and I'm not sure we'd be allowed to anyway, but bloody hell seeing a particular tweet about the curtains made my blood run cold...

As for the series, I must say I was a tiny bit disappointed that there was no epic final showdown in the final episode in which he had to kill her (or be killed) like in Misery. I wasn't expecting her to actually plead guilty and it be resolved like that. But since this is a true story the actual end is much more preferable!

• Angry
Reactions: 8
She's possibly changed her fb privacy settings now so any future posts will only be visible to friends.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.