Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
As an ex picker for a supermarket, i can honestly say it all depends on who picks your items! Some of the people had no common sense and didn’t use their brain when it comes to subs. Most of the time you’d get a suitable sub come up on your handset so you’d go and get that but other times it was bizarre so those of us with common sense would ignore it and choose something suitable, other people would just choose that item 🤦🏼‍♀️ For example, you wouldn’t have any fresh lasagnes in stock, the sub would be a tikka masala, those with common sense would get a frozen lasagne but the dim amongst us would get the tikka masala 🤷🏼‍♀️
Oo sounds like the ideal job for Prince Harry! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Bumblebee

Chatty Member
I’m a picker at Waitrose on a Saturday and our handset is pretty good at the suggested subs. It’s usually a different brand of the same item or different pack size.
having said that you can sub for anything in the store in that department. Eg if picking from chilled the substitute has to be chilled, so you could replace a turkey with araspberry yogurt if you wanted to.

Reactions: 7

Horatio

VIP Member
My worst one was cotton wool buds instead of tampons.
Switched off subs after that 🤦🏻‍♀️
Haha that’s brilliant. Someone needs to make a blog or instagram account about these if they haven’t already. I used to have a laugh with my dad about it when online shopping first became a thing. Can’t believe they haven’t improved their substitution algorithm....i remember one time getting meat sausages as replacement for Linda McCartney vegetarian ones which is plainly absurd. Cotton wool buds for tampons is much funnier though!

Mod edit, good idea I'll create a thread for you :)

• Wow
Reactions: 6

JCMSadie

VIP Member
I've not had any too WTF, but just a couple spring to mind that just...I don't think the pickers were thinking too hard that day.

Ordered 5 slices of deli chorizo. They didn't have any so sent me 5 full chorizo sausages! We were eating that shizz for months.

And last week I ordered a 2 for £2 deal, picked one multipack of Wotsits and one of Quavers. They didn't have Wotsits and said they had no subs. I don't understand why they didn't just swap it for more Quavers?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5

mummy2under2

VIP Member
Haha that’s brilliant. Someone needs to make a blog or instagram account about these if they haven’t already. I used to have a laugh with my dad about it when online shopping first became a thing. Can’t believe they haven’t improved their substitution algorithm....i remember one time getting meat sausages as replacement for Linda McCartney vegetarian ones which is plainly absurd. Cotton wool buds for tampons is much funnier though!
Waaaaay?
Thats absurd! 🤢

I was tempted to make a thread on here. I'm sure there's some absolute pearlers that people have had 😂

Might be a nice pick me up with all the doom and gloom at the moment.

Louisej3

VIP Member
I kid you not i ordered some body wash and got sent lube 😂😂
Ordered a few bars of dairy milk and got easter eggs
I buy soya milk and came as cows milk so I've turned my subs off and prefer to shop in store

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
I ordered a small Air fryer from asda with my groceries. Think it's was around £20. It was sold out so they sent me two mini deep fat fryers in substitution. I was astounded 😂🤔View attachment 94542
That is genius, especially as they gave two 1.2L capacity deep fat friers to sub for the 1.5L air fryer so you didn't lose on any capacity :D

Catwinky

Chatty Member
I've not had any too WTF, but just a couple spring to mind that just...I don't think the pickers were thinking too hard that day.

Ordered 5 slices of deli chorizo. They didn't have any so sent me 5 full chorizo sausages! We were eating that shizz for months.

And last week I ordered a 2 for £2 deal, picked one multipack of Wotsits and one of Quavers. They didn't have Wotsits and said they had no subs. I don't understand why they didn't just swap it for more Quavers?!
i'd be ecstatic if I was given that much chorizo lol

Reactions: 4

hrh89

VIP Member
Never had any weird ones myself but love reading them 😂

Asda are good, you can view all your subs before the driver turns up so no surprises now

Reactions: 3

chocolate choux

VIP Member
Domino’s gave me a full sugar coke instead of diet. When I pointed it out the delivery guy said “oh, we didn’t have any diet left”. I worked with food before and was strictly told to never do that because of diabetes

No ridiculous stories to tell as I have my supermarket substitutions turned off because I’ve heard the horror stories!

Reactions: 2

Fin

Chatty Member
This thread is hilarious, makes me grateful I have switched off subs 😂

Reactions: 2