Awful Shopping Substitutions

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tesco seem to be struggling but got one on Asda for Saturday. Wonder what I’ll get delivered compared to what I ordered 😂
Yeh I've had some odd subs in the past! No cauliflower rice so got carrots....🤷🏼‍♀️
Swapped my yogurts for ice cream (eh?!)

Best one... none of my girly shower gel in stock, replaced for 🥁🥁🥁

Mens shaving gel. I tit you not!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Yeh I've had some odd subs in the past! No cauliflower rice so got carrots....🤷🏼‍♀️

The worst sub I got was a a large bag of Haribo starmix in place of 2 blocks of Jelly

• Haha
Reactions: 31

My best sub was toothpaste instead of toothbrush - erm what did they think I was going to use the toothpaste on??

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
My worst one was cotton wool buds instead of tampons.
Switched off subs after that 🤦🏻‍♀️
Haha that’s brilliant. Someone needs to make a blog or instagram account about these if they haven’t already. I used to have a laugh with my dad about it when online shopping first became a thing. Can’t believe they haven’t improved their substitution algorithm....i remember one time getting meat sausages as replacement for Linda McCartney vegetarian ones which is plainly absurd. Cotton wool buds for tampons is much funnier though!

Mod edit, good idea I'll create a thread for you :)

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Haha that’s brilliant. Someone needs to make a blog or instagram account about these if they haven’t already. I used to have a laugh with my dad about it when online shopping first became a thing. Can’t believe they haven’t improved their substitution algorithm....i remember one time getting meat sausages as replacement for Linda McCartney vegetarian ones which is plainly absurd. Cotton wool buds for tampons is much funnier though!
Waaaaay?
Thats absurd! 🤢

I was tempted to make a thread on here. I'm sure there's some absolute pearlers that people have had 😂

Might be a nice pick me up with all the doom and gloom at the moment.

Reactions: 5
I ordered a small Air fryer from asda with my groceries. Think it's was around £20. It was sold out so they sent me two mini deep fat fryers in substitution. I was astounded 😂🤔
Screenshot_20200312-103601_Gmail.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I ordered a small Air fryer from asda with my groceries. Think it's was around £20. It was sold out so they sent me two mini deep fat fryers in substitution. I was astounded 😂🤔View attachment 94542
That is genius, especially as they gave two 1.2L capacity deep fat friers to sub for the 1.5L air fryer so you didn't lose on any capacity :D

Reactions: 5
I once ordered two beef steaks and got two beef tomatoes instead. Also ordered a vegetarian lasagne once when I wasn’t eating meat - they substituted it for a meat one instead 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Domino’s gave me a full sugar coke instead of diet. When I pointed it out the delivery guy said “oh, we didn’t have any diet left”. I worked with food before and was strictly told to never do that because of diabetes

No ridiculous stories to tell as I have my supermarket substitutions turned off because I’ve heard the horror stories!

Reactions: 2
As an ex picker for a supermarket, i can honestly say it all depends on who picks your items! Some of the people had no common sense and didn’t use their brain when it comes to subs. Most of the time you’d get a suitable sub come up on your handset so you’d go and get that but other times it was bizarre so those of us with common sense would ignore it and choose something suitable, other people would just choose that item 🤦🏼‍♀️ For example, you wouldn’t have any fresh lasagnes in stock, the sub would be a tikka masala, those with common sense would get a frozen lasagne but the dim amongst us would get the tikka masala 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 13
As an ex picker for a supermarket, i can honestly say it all depends on who picks your items! Some of the people had no common sense and didn’t use their brain when it comes to subs. Most of the time you’d get a suitable sub come up on your handset so you’d go and get that but other times it was bizarre so those of us with common sense would ignore it and choose something suitable, other people would just choose that item 🤦🏼‍♀️ For example, you wouldn’t have any fresh lasagnes in stock, the sub would be a tikka masala, those with common sense would get a frozen lasagne but the dim amongst us would get the tikka masala 🤷🏼‍♀️
Oo sounds like the ideal job for Prince Harry! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My friend once ordered condoms with her weekly shop. They sent her a vibrating ring instead. We still laugh about it now 😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Never had any weird ones myself but love reading them 😂

Asda are good, you can view all your subs before the driver turns up so no surprises now

Reactions: 3
Years ago, I ordered effervescent vitamin c tablets and got fizzy snakes. Which were really nice, to be fair.

• Haha
Reactions: 18