Avril Lavigne

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think there's already an Avril thread somewhere.

And this conspiracy theory was literally invented by a Brazilian music blogger as a troll, which he admitted.
Ah sorry, I did search and couldn’t find one!

I’ll have a google and see what the blogger has said, I don’t think he was mentioned in the article.
---
This has been rumoured for years and years, really doubt it's true.
I really don’t see how it can be. A bit like the katy perry is Jon benet Ramsey theory it just doesn’t logistically work but it’s crazy to see how many people do believe it and why.

Reactions: 2
A lot of the "evidence" can be very easily explained by other things, mostly age. She'll be 40 in September, and handwriting, body shape, voice, etc can all be explained with that. Height wise, she's about 5'5, if that, in heels, iirc, so people probably just notice that she's very tiny.

Been around years this rumour. The most important person in her life was her Grandma and she wrote Slipped Away about her passing. Great song BTW. Then she came back for her third album doing a rip off of Mickey with a completely different sound.

The silliness was her gran dying made her kill herself so they brought in a lookalike to do pop songs as the replacement wasn't good enough to do rockier songs.

Reactions: 1
Been around years this rumour. The most important person in her life was her Grandma and she wrote Slipped Away about her passing. Great song BTW. Then she came back for her third album doing a rip off of Mickey with a completely different sound.

The silliness was her gran dying made her kill herself so they brought in a lookalike to do pop songs as the replacement wasn't good enough to do rockier songs.
The specific rumour was that she died supposedly by hanging herself in 2004.

Has anyone seen any theories or explanations as to why Melissa’s been able to go missing and be avril? Do her family think she’s dead do they know she’s avril etc. That’s not the only thing that stops me believing in this conspiracy theory but it’s one of the main ones.

See also Paul McCartney dying in the mid-to-late 1960s and being replaced not just by someone who looks and sounds like him but happens to be left handed as well.
Proof-Paul is barefoot on the Abbey Rd album cover.
There's plenty more if you want to dig in but it's all rubbish just like the Avril theories.

See also Paul McCartney dying in the mid-to-late 1960s and being replaced not just by someone who looks and sounds like him but happens to be left handed as well.
There's plenty more if you want to dig in but it's all rubbish just like the Avril theories.
Thanks! I’m going to look it up. I’m fascinated by conspiracy theories like this, I’ve no idea why because there’s none I believe in but I find the way people can look at the same thing and see something completely different than everyone else compelling for some reason.

• Heart
As has been pointed out before, even if the Paul is dead theory were true then the new Paul has had a very good career in his own right.

As much as I'm not a huge fan of Avril's music after Best Damn Thing, you could say the same about "Melissa" as well 🤣

• Haha
A YT channel has been posting 'evidence' that Paul isn't the original Paul for years and shows no signs of slowing down. I got recommended it when I was listening to some Beatles stuff on there and thought I would watch a vid for a laugh. Some things did make me think 'Hmm' but then common sense gave me a boot up the arse and told me to move on as there were logical answers to dispute their claims.

So I can see how some people would be persuaded into thinking it's real, just like what is happening with this Avril...sorry 'Melissa' thing.

• Heart