Avril Lavigne

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else obsessed with "bite me"?

It doesn't seem like it's doing that well, or maybe it's so old school it's going to slowly climb up the charts?

Seems like such a good choice and goes so well with the 20 year anniversary of "let go", 20 years though 😱!

The video is a bit of a boring dud but what else do you expect from Hannah Lux? In your face crass product placement for Jeep before the song starts 😆. But this visual is nice
ezgif-4-4a19d98fdb40.gif

Reactions: 1
Avril is lush :love:. Maybe I'm just saying that because I've had a massive crush on her since Complicated was released, but she's aged really well and her voice and style have grown up a lot.

Gossip wise, she seems to get photographed kissing women quite a lot more than most straight women, and apparently can be a bit of a witch to fans (which is why I don't want to meet her...)

And the less said about the "theory" that she died and was replaced the better (it was invented by a Brazilian music blogger as a troll! He admitted that!)

Reactions: 3
apparently can be a bit of a witch to fans (which is why I don't want to meet her...)
I've been down an Avril black hole this weekend and watched her MTV diary thing. She wasn't shy about saying the meet and greets before a show were weird (read annoying?). Which I totally get, if you're getting ready for a show it can't be great having to put your game face on to meet fans.

Her meet and greet photos from the what the hell era are iconic though :LOL:

Hope the tour goes ahead next year, I'm definitely going!

She's notoriously not book smart (what do you expect when a teen is pulled from school?), but she was savvy enough at the start to work with the right people (the matrix songwriting team) to get the sound she wanted.

Reactions: 3
And then also smart enough to dump The Matrix and mostly write the second album with Evan Taubenfeld (who's solo song Cheater Of The Year is pretty catchy, but I've not heard him do anything else).

Although this has my usual caveat about songwriting credits being an improbable fiction sometimes :ROFLMAO:

And I totally get the reasoning behind the meet and greats being like they were, but it does come across badly and could be avoided by not doing them at all, which I think would have drawn less comment.

Reactions: 2
And then also smart enough to dump The Matrix and mostly write the second album with Evan Taubenfeld (who's solo song Cheater Of The Year is pretty catchy, but I've not heard him do anything else).
Definitely! Do you know what happened with the second album? I'm assuming she had some sessions with the matrix team but realised they were out of creative juice so it was time to move on? They don't really have many other hit credits, although Hillary duff's so yesterday is a tune.

You wouldn't want Avril on your quiz team, but out of all the teen stars she's one that can be credited herself for part of the success.

And I totally get the reasoning behind the meet and greats being like they were, but it does come across badly and could be avoided by not doing them at all, which I think would have drawn less comment.
I'd forgive the ones at the start of her career but she's carried on doing them despite her distain for them and inability to turn on her game face and make it worthwhile for the fans that were pumped. But I guess money corrupts everything and its hard to say no to a cash cow. I'd go to these tours but I'm not paying for any packages or merch, I'd feel so embarrassed lining up for a selfie.

She's doing well to come back to form after songs like "hello kitty", which was so bad it's kinda good :LOL:

No idea what happened with The Matrix.

And Hello Kitty was awful, but kind of hilarious.

I'm not too sure about the follow up, not a fan of the chorus 😐. But lovely photo

Streaming figures counting for chart placings has really ruined music with all these tracks just over two minutes

I'm not too sure about the follow up, not a fan of the chorus 😐. But lovely photo

Streaming figures counting for chart placings has really ruined music with all these tracks just over two minutes

She has an amazing voice but I’m a bit disappointed with the new song. It sounds like a mish mash of one of her old songs and a section of 7 things by Miley Cyrus. I can’t unhear them when I listen to it 😂 I was really hoping Bite Me meant she was back on top form but this one is zzz.

I don't mind the new song, it reminds me a bit of some songs from The Best Damn Thing. I'd be interested to see the writing credit, because it seems to have some amount of Evan Taubenfeld influence lyrically.

It sounds like a mish mash of one of her old songs and a section of 7 things by Miley Cyrus.
Ha it totally does! I couldn't stand 7 things or its video, but prefer it to Avril's new one 😆. Not a good thing that it sounds like Miley while she was still under the influence of the mouse.

Such a shame after bite me, has the album just got one good song on it 😬

Hopefully she's making a video without Hannah Lux 😴

Bite me only charted in Canada and the UK and at the moment peaked at #63 and #62. It deserved so much more.

They're really heavenly when they're in love, but getting married is a real another serious business. I dont want her to go thru another unreliable marriage.

Avril's recent retouched ones are very pretty. She looks fully recovered yet.
looking at some of the videos I can see the signs of age on her face. The eternal teenager girl in my heart is also getting old.

I had a look around and couldn’t find one for her. She split from her fiancé, what, a week ago, and is now in bed with kylie Jenner’s ex. So I felt she warranted one. If there’s already one please delete this

I feel so sorry for her ex. Seems like she waited until he went off on tour and he had no idea

I think this is a rave thread but I don't know there is something off about her and I can never put my finger on it, maybe it's the fact she still dresses like a teenager or something I don't know. The whole dating thing is going way over my head now, I still am not recovered from her dating Chad Kroger aka Nickelback 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve just been reading in the paper (what is the news coming to 😂) that people believe Avril is missing (dead?) and has been replaced by someone called Melissa. There’s just been a three part podcast about it according to the paper. Does anyone believe it? Have evidence for or against?

I can’t see how a celebrity could just go missing and be replaced? Why is no one missing Melissa if she has now replaced Avril?

Here’s some stuff I’ve copy and pasted from the metros news article about it:

Details include Lavigne’s changed handwriting over the years, a noticable shift in appearance and even height, and an altered speaking voice. Plus, sharp-eyed fans once noted that she had ‘Melissa’ written on her hand in an interview, as if the doppelganger was sending out a silent cry for help.

I think there's already an Avril thread somewhere.

And this conspiracy theory was literally invented by a Brazilian music blogger as a troll, which he admitted.