Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
In general, gifts under 15k from each individual are not taxable or reportable. I haven’t seen them get gifts that amount to anywhere near that.

tellinitlikeitis

Agree. I feel like they want to become Fathering Autism. Talk about exploitation of a disabled family member. They say Jessica consents to being filmed but I wonder if she really can consent. I’m curious what her cognitive ability level is.
I’ll have to check that out. I’m not familiar with Fathering Autism.

I sometimes think a lot of Val's passiveness with Jess might come back to her disappointment in how things turned out for Jess once she aged out of school. Based on the blog, she really made a big effort in Jess' adolescence to try and prepare Jess for the future as a disabled adult so that she could take advantage of any opportunities that she might have to continue to be an active member of society. When that didn't work out and she had to quit her job to take care of Jess, I think Val might have adopted a "what's the point?" mindset in a lot of matters related to Jess. When teaching Jess new skills before, they had an end goal of her being independent and able to obtain a job outside the home. So making her do things she didn't want to was necessary if Jess was going to be able to achieve her goal. Now there is no goal (though I would argue that continuing to enrich Jess' life is reason enough to continue working with her on skills). I'm not sure if she's ever gotten over that disappointment or been able to move past it, but if not, that's another great reason for her to go to therapy if she's not already in it.
I’m not sure it was a “what’s the point” decision. I also think that some of the decision to pivot the strategy to home care was probably because she felt not only would Jessica not be able to be fully independent as she once hoped … but in trying to place her in these other care solutions, it was putting Jessica’s well being at risk. There were some incidents that were distressful ans even possibly traumatic… and Jessica wasn’t thriving in those environment. I cam speculate she may also have had some guilt or distress about putting her in situations that were causing her to almost lose ground or just be more distressed. Jessica has such a unique conglomeration of disabilities and diagnoses I can see where it would be hard to implement an appropriate care plan in a larger group setting. Also, they seemed to try different options for many years and perhaps some of that was driven by hope of finding a satisfactory solution and maybe even a little denial for a while that her needs might not be easily met.

I think what is missing in these judgements and criticisms is that we assume Jessica could do better if they tried harder when In reality, she may be better functioning now than ever before because of her care environment. It seems from earlier posts that she has progressed a lot. Her communication and other disorders may sometimes come across as behavior issues but as a clinician, i see these behaviors moreso as a manifestation of her visual, sensory, and neurological problems.

N

Not when you choose to put your life on social media. It's everyone's business.
Even when people put part of their life on social media, they don’t give up all privacy rights. They are free to share content they think is relevant or interesting, and can choose to respond to questions about their life … or choose not to.

Last edited:

Oompaloompa

Chatty Member
I doubt there’s more than a few at the $88 per month level. Probably most at the lowest tier. That makes more sense.
So what is it that you get so great for $88/mos?

I honest to God do not know how they make it financially. Val just bought a new vehicle, Hannah has a car, they take trips to Disney, buying purebred dogs. Seriously! Nobody works. How are they doing it? It can’t just be the crispies helping them.
[/QUOmost?

I'm sure the government(us) are helping pay for all the 'caregivers'.

Anony Mous

Chatty Member
It is quite possible that Jessica was denied food at school. Have you not heard through life experiences.... If you don't like what we're eating then you get nothing for dinner.....or.... You're going to bed tonight without dinner. It's very possible she was told the very same thing by someone or many. It takes special patience and training to handle these situations. Do I have the magic answers? of course not.

On to Hannah..... regarding her job ,she told the camera (twice), "I quit my job" and both times Val was right there to correct her..."No, you resigned"
and the difference is?
Hannah is the one with some problems in my opinion.....lazy? depressed? I don't think she really had any idea how much work Val goes through
daily in helping with Jessica's daily needs. Yes, loves her wine ! HHhmmm??

I do not like the way they ask for stuff, and are receiving from others. From what I can tell on other You Tube channels, that's what's happening.
It's quite a racket for the takers, but if people want to do that....
I think Val is doing whatever she can to survive daily life with Jessica. Val is really the one who is always there for her. I admire her for that.
Isn’t quitting and resigning the same thing?! 🤔🤦‍♀️