Astrology - Sun, Moon & Rising

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I may be being a bit thick :ROFLMAO:
The Sun the Moon areas are clearly titled, but the rising part isn't so I'm not sure what it is. It just goes on to mention different houses :unsure:
On the report I ran for myself, the rising is inbetween the sections about the Sun and the Moon. If you didn’t put in a birth time, then it won’t be able to calculate your rising sign. 🙂

On the report I ran for myself, the rising is inbetween the sections about the Sun and the Moon. If you didn’t put in a birth time, then it won’t be able to calculate your rising sign. 🙂
Yeah it's just me being a bit dim 😂 Thank you!
My Rising is Virgo. All very interesting read, I think I'll have to get my partner to read it as it explains quite a bit about how I act and react to things, particularly when it comes to the running of our household!

Reactions: 2
Mars, the Planet of War is going into to Aries right now. It’ll stay there til the end of the year, the last time it was in Aries for such a long time was during the Second World War when some of the major events happened including the bombing of Peal Harbour.

I’m sorry to say I don’t think 2020 is going to get better any time soon. In fact I’m fully expecting more huge, unsettling stuff to happen.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Mars, the Planet of War is going into to Aries right now. It’ll stay there til the end of the year, the last time it was in Aries for such a long time was during the Second World War when some of the major events happened including the bombing of Peal Harbour.

I’m sorry to say I don’t think 2020 is going to get better any time soon. In fact I’m fully expecting more huge, unsettling stuff to happen.
How about Venus retrograde these past few weeks. It really created a lot of mess in most people's personal life. :(

• Sad
This is actually really unique! It is very rare to have a moon and rising sign in the same sign.

As I haven’t seen it before I gave it a Google and it is interesting.

The way I understand it, good becomes great and bad becomes worse when a person has the same Rising and Moon sign. This is because a Transit will be producing the same results for your Rising and Moon sign.

Our Rising is our body and our Moon is our mind. Therefore, there is satisfaction in both signs as a particular Transit is producing the same results for both signs.

I personally wonder whether you are a very fair and balanced person and if you love to debate everything? I would think you would like to hear everyone out before deciding on a situation for example.

I think this is the same for me. I’m a Leo with a Gemini moon and Libra rising and I find that I’m drawn towards people who have heavy Air sign placement. My Dad is a Gemini and he’s one of my best friends. My long term partners have both been Libras and my current boyfriend of 3.5 years also has a Gemini moon! 😂

My two best friends also have air in their charts. One is a Virgo with Aries Moon and Libra Rising and the other is an Aquarius but I’m not sure of her other placements.
Thank you for your insight and for letting me know. I didn't realise that it was uncommon, but to be honest I only really ever considered my sun sign and not the others.

Does that mean the traits are exacerbated when the Rising and Moon are the same?

I would say I am fairly even tempered. I'm not at all prone to mood swings or taking things out on other people. Which I feel is quite unlike a Gemini so maybe that is what I take from Libra. I do enjoy debating as well, although I know not as many people are as keen on it as I am haha. I tend to research situations quite heavily before debating people though.

Are you drawn to people who enjoy debating and knowing all the sides of an argument too? I guess that is what most Air signs are known for, being flexible with their opinions and getting to know the world around them?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
@Gym&Tonic - unfortunately I think that you are right. It’s also a Lunar eclipse today with two more eclipses this month, so we might all start feeling odd during next few weeks. Aliza Kelly, my favourite astrologer (who has a great podcast called Stars Like Us) wrote about it for Cosmopolitan. I love how she breaks it down.

She has also said that the USA will experience its’ first Pluto return at the end of 2022. This phase started during 2019 and I don’t want to scare anyone, but the Pluto return is usually associated with empires falling - most notably, that of Rome. We are definitely living in strange times. Even the stars say so!

Thank you for your insight and for letting me know. I didn't realise that it was uncommon, but to be honest I only really ever considered my sun sign and not the others.

Does that mean the traits are exacerbated when the Rising and Moon are the same?

I would say I am fairly even tempered. I'm not at all prone to mood swings or taking things out on other people. Which I feel is quite unlike a Gemini so maybe that is what I take from Libra. I do enjoy debating as well, although I know not as many people are as keen on it as I am haha. I tend to research situations quite heavily before debating people though.

Are you drawn to people who enjoy debating and knowing all the sides of an argument too? I guess that is what most Air signs are known for, being flexible with their opinions and getting to know the world around them?
Yes, it definitely exacerbates the traits!

Personally, the Gemini Moon in me is easily bored and so I have a thirst for knowledge on a range of subjects. Sometimes I get really obsessed with a certain topic, just to move on from it in three short weeks and become intrigued by something else. 😂 The Libra rising makes me enjoy a debate but as soon as it gets too impassioned or people start shouting, I need to shut it down as the balance is off and I need a harmonious environment! 😂

• Heart
A few astrologers have suggested that some US states might break away from the Union similar to what happened during the civil war. It sounds beyond belief, but this being 2020 it could I think it could happen.

Wow. Just done a it of googling. Last time Mars was in Aries not only was Pearl Harbour bombed, forcing the USA enter WW2 but the Nazi’s also invaded Russia (this was the fatal mistake that caused the tide to turn back in the allies favour).

My mind is quite literally blown! We are in for such a bump ride! It’s nowhere near over.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
@Gym&Tonic - unfortunately I think that you are right. It’s also a Lunar eclipse today with two more eclipses this month, so we might all start feeling odd during next few weeks. Aliza Kelly, my favourite astrologer (who has a great podcast called Stars Like Us) wrote about it for Cosmopolitan. I love how she breaks it down.

She has also said that the USA will experience its’ first Pluto return at the end of 2022. This phase started during 2019 and I don’t want to scare anyone, but the Pluto return is usually associated with empires falling - most notably, that of Rome. We are definitely living in strange times. Even the stars say so!

Yes, it definitely exacerbates the traits!

Personally, the Gemini Moon in me is easily bored and so I have a thirst for knowledge on a range of subjects. Sometimes I get really obsessed with a certain topic, just to move on from it in three short weeks and become intrigued by something else. 😂 The Libra rising makes me enjoy a debate but as soon as it gets too impassioned or people start shouting, I need to shut it down as the balance is off and I need a harmonious environment! 😂
I totally agree, I get fixated on something for a little while and then it's like a switch flips and I lose all interest. Shouting makes me a bit nervous, so definitely if a debate descends into raised voices I'm off. I always feel as though if you lose your temper and need to resort to shouting, you've lost the argument.

My son is a Leo sun and Leo moon. Always has to be the centre of attention!

• Haha
Can anyone recommend how I can start to learn more about this topic? A bit sceptical but LOVE reading into stuff like this but have no idea where to start...

I used the link from OP and I am
moon: virgo
sun: Sagittarius
rising: cancer

My brother is a Leo and he’s a textbook example of one. Very outgoing, always the centre of attention , confident and knows how to work the room in social situations etc. It comes so naturally to him.

• Haha
  • Heart
I am Gemini sun, Leo rising, and the other 2 are Aries and Sagg, I am air+fire but wish I had Leo sun for some reason, air signs are all about the mind and it’s bleeping hard being a person that is in their own head a lot.

The link that the OP provided was amazing! It’s like it was just written for me alone! I’m a Gemini folks so if I’m difficult then that’s why!!😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Can anyone recommend how I can start to learn more about this topic? A bit sceptical but LOVE reading into stuff like this but have no idea where to start...

I used the link from OP and I am
moon: virgo
sun: Sagittarius
rising: cancer
If you mean astrology in general, then learning what each planet represents is a great place to start! Once you understand this, then you can move on to understanding the characteristics of each sign and then the houses. 😊 It will help you understand your chart a lot more.
AD56D5E7-F484-4022-8094-1F42CF6A9CF4.png

Mine are
Sun... pisces
Moon... pisces
Rising... cancer

The description was Very true to my personality.

Is it ok to get 2 of the same sign or have I done my reading incorrectly somehow?

• Heart
I really want to believe in this (Ex-religious trying to find anything I can cling on to and have something to relate to) but my chart is literally the opposite of all my traits and personality! I’m so disappointed 😩😂

• Sad
I love all of astrology and spirituality so thank you for making this thread, my signs are:

Sun - Cancer
Rising - Aries
Moon - Sagittarius

I find mine to be mostly accurate. Although I have done little research into Sagittarius as only ever looked at sun and rising signs.

Another test I got a lot out of is colour oracle this is a link here https://www.astro.com/cgi/atxgen.cgi?btyp=cf the reading that this gave me was so accurate I had to save it and frequently read it! Let me know what you think!

• Heart
I love all of astrology and spirituality so thank you for making this thread, my signs are:

Sun - Cancer
Rising - Aries
Moon - Sagittarius

I find mine to be mostly accurate. Although I have done little research into Sagittarius as only ever looked at sun and rising signs.

Another test I got a lot out of is colour oracle this is a link here https://www.astro.com/cgi/atxgen.cgi?btyp=cf the reading that this gave me was so accurate I had to save it and frequently read it! Let me know what you think!
Wow, I just did the colour test. It really is very accurate 😮

Mine are
Sun... pisces
Moon... pisces
Rising... cancer

The description was Very true to my personality.

Is it ok to get 2 of the same sign or have I done my reading incorrectly somehow?
thats fine if you just have the same sign throughout.

Mines was so true to who I am, it scared me!

The colour test didn’t work for me, only the first colour (the pleasing one) resonated for me.

Reactions: 3