Astrology - Sun, Moon & Rising

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love astrology and my Tattle name was inspired by it. I am interested to know what everyone’s “big three” placements are, if willing to share.

My Sun is in Leo, my Moon is in Gemini and my Rising sign is Libra. My Sun sign is a fire sign but my other main placements are Air signs.

If you are new to astrology, here are some definitions as to what these signs mean.

Your Sun sign is your core personality and your sense of self. It is how you identify with the World around you. Your Moon sign represents how you internalise your emotions and how you act upon your fears, realisations, hopes and dreams. The Moon sign helps you understand how you deal with an emotional situation. Your Rising sign represents how people perceive you and how you present yourself in public situations. Together, understanding these three placements forms the main basis of who you are.

I believe that my Leo Sun makes me confident, dramatic, generous, loyal and sassy. My Gemini Moon makes me reckless, worrisome, effervescent and hard to pin down. My Libra Rising makes me appear driven, focussed and passionate to others.

If you want to work out what your placements are, if you don’t already know them, you can do it here (providing you know the date, time and location of your birth): https://horoscope.co.uk/your-chartwheel/

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don’t know if I fully ‘buy in’ to astrology but I do enjoy reading about it! Same with personality tests etc. There’s something cool about seeing if a thing ‘gets’ you, if that makes sense? And if Astrology helps people in anyway spiritually/in terms of personal development, that’s great!

My Sun is Pisces, Rising is Leo, and Moon is Taurus.

Reactions: 2
I don’t know if I fully ‘buy in’ to astrology but I do enjoy reading about it! Same with personality tests etc. There’s something cool about seeing if a thing ‘gets’ you, if that makes sense? And if Astrology helps people in anyway spiritually/in terms of personal development, that’s great!

My Sun is Pisces, Rising is Leo, and Moon is Taurus.
That’s fair enough, I have been reading into something called Human Design and that is weirdly accurate for me as well.

When it comes to astrology, I don’t believe in daily horoscopes but I do believe that our birth charts tell us a lot about who we are as people and individuals.

Do you find that your placements ring true for your personality traits?

Reactions: 1
That’s fair enough, I have been reading into something called Human Design and that is weirdly accurate for me as well.

When it comes to astrology, I don’t believe in daily horoscopes but I do believe that our birth charts tell us a lot about who we are as people and individuals.

Do you find that your placements ring true for your personality traits?
Yes I do for the most part! Weirdly at different times of my life? But I wonder if that’s normal. Some personality traits or behaviours being more obvious than others at different ages.

I definitely see value in the charts, and less so the daily horoscopes, similar to you 😊

• Heart
My sun is in Scorpio, my moon in Virgo and my rising in Leo.
I find it interesting because when I was younger I didn't relate to Scorpio at all but I feel I've really "grown" into it in the last few years!
I fully relate to Virgo but don't relate to Leo at all. 🤷‍♀️

My sun is Aries, moon is Pisces and rising is Aquarius.

I’ve never really looked into it before and just did the chart from the link you posted and it’s fascinating! So many of the traits listed I can see in myself. Amazing. I’ll read up more about it I think.

• Heart
Sun in Aries, Moon in Scorpio, Leo rising.

I love astrology and watch a lot of YT astrologers. A lot of the craziness in the world at the moment is down to what’s going on in the Universe.

Sun in Scorpio, moon in Capricorn and rising in libra.
I’m quite into astrology too so I love stuff like this!
I don’t feel I relate much to the Capricorn element (need to look into it a bit more) but can relate to the Libra bit. I am definitely a Scorpio though!

Sun - Sagittarius (fire)
Moon - Scorpio (water)
Rising - Aquarius (air)

When I was younger I was definitely much more into my Scorpio moon. The past few years I have grown into my Sagittarius sun. Although if I am upset or stressed I can revert back to my Scorpio moon tendencies

Sun is Gemini
Moon is Libra
Rising is Libra

I'm not sure why my Moon and Rising are the same and everyone else got different signs. I wanted to be diverse and exciting too :(. I identify with most Gemini traits and I know it's one of the least popular signs, haha sorry.

• Heart
Sun is Gemini
Moon is Libra
Rising is Libra

I'm not sure why my Moon and Rising are the same and everyone else got different signs. I wanted to be diverse and exciting too :(. I identify with most Gemini traits and I know it's one of the least popular signs, haha sorry.
Hahah both my parents are Gemini’s, as an air sign heavy person I can cope 😄
I think it’s good to have complimentary ‘big 3’ placements but good to get balance elsewhere

Sun in Scorpio, Rising Gemini and Moon in Aquarius. May was a really awful month for me. It's been a few tough weeks for some of us. Any other Scorpios here struggling?

• Heart
Aqua sun
Libra moon
Cancer rising

I am born supposedly 10hrs before Harry Styles so relate rather heavily 😂 We have big aqua energy (almost 5 placements) so that means the traits are accentuated!
tho with my cancer rising it helps to balance it out. Not that aquas are unemotional, we just keep it bottled

I think it’s good to have complimentary ‘big 3’ placements but good to get balance elsewhere
Are you one of the few signs that gets on well with Geminis? :D

Sun is Gemini
Moon is Libra
Rising is Libra

This is actually really unique! It is very rare to have a moon and rising sign in the same sign.

As I haven’t seen it before I gave it a Google and it is interesting.

The way I understand it, good becomes great and bad becomes worse when a person has the same Rising and Moon sign. This is because a Transit will be producing the same results for your Rising and Moon sign.

Our Rising is our body and our Moon is our mind. Therefore, there is satisfaction in both signs as a particular Transit is producing the same results for both signs.

I personally wonder whether you are a very fair and balanced person and if you love to debate everything? I would think you would like to hear everyone out before deciding on a situation for example.

I think this is the same for me. I’m a Leo with a Gemini moon and Libra rising and I find that I’m drawn towards people who have heavy Air sign placement. My Dad is a Gemini and he’s one of my best friends. My long term partners have both been Libras and my current boyfriend of 3.5 years also has a Gemini moon! 😂

My two best friends also have air in their charts. One is a Virgo with Aries Moon and Libra Rising and the other is an Aquarius but I’m not sure of her other placements.

Last edited:
Sun in Taurus - always felt a "typical" Taurus and the description feels very accurate
Moon in Scorpio

Then my report gets a little confusing and I'm not sure what it says about "rising"

Sun in Taurus - always felt a "typical" Taurus and the description feels very accurate
Moon in Scorpio

Then my report gets a little confusing and I'm not sure what it says about "rising"
I can try and help explain if you are confused? Post the description here or send me a message if you prefer. 😊

I may be being a bit thick :ROFLMAO:
The Sun the Moon areas are clearly titled, but the rising part isn't so I'm not sure what it is. It just goes on to mention different houses :unsure: