Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
You’re not poor because you had a part time job in the salon your mother OWNED.

You’re not working class just because you came from the North either. She claims she’s a Geordie as though she lived in deepest darkest Newcastle, she grew up in Northumberland National park and went to a £25k a year boarding school. Her parents owned a string of B&Bs which they sold to run one huge hotel too.

This whole story of her ‘real’ roots is utter bullshit, no wonder she has a skewed impression of wealth and financial management.

• Wow
Reactions: 26

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
Who needs a packing highlight??? Just put your phone down and enjoy your holiday FFS 🤬
Packing highlights:

-Took selfies in bikinis while Tommy watched Alf
-Realised Alf didn’t have any clothes
-Filmed Dyson ad whilst texting Lucy Meck
-Filmed Alpro Ad between staged crying selfies
-Courier arrived with Alfs holiday clothes
-Shoved Alfs stuff in bag
-Tommy rang taxi, which I think is so old fashioned and such a classic reflection of the patriarchy
-Taxi arrived, Tommy took the luggage as I was exhausted and just needed some me time
-I’m just so drained from this whole thing

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Primrose2

Chatty Member
I am very pro breastfeeding if it works for you, but I actually find her INFURIATING saying about feeding him through his illness because Alfs getting antibodies, babies get sick weather they are fed breastmilk or not! He’s already sick and the breast milk you are giving him now isn’t going to cure him any quicker than formula because he’s already sick! It’s so patronising to those who formula feed. I swear this whole charade is for a reaction.

Reactions: 23

potatoface431

Chatty Member
Surely instincts would tell you that describing your baby as the worst and most permanent decision of your life is a disgusting thing to air on social media??
All parents who are present find it hard, I’m sure we’ve all had horrible thoughts but to put them on social media? Get fucked. She is so fucking selfish it’s unbelievable. Sadly I think she’s going to be a very toxic mother as Alf grows up.
She uses the excuse of normalising her feelings and helping others who feel similarly feel better but there’s a way of saying things without basically saying she hates her kid.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

MrsRS

Chatty Member
He fell. We were right. Take zero joy in that for a change, seeing that story made me feel sick to my stomach, the poor baby. Totally preventable.

She’s a fucking idiot and she should be disgusted in herself for leaving him to sleep on the bed. Don’t believe she was getting his ibuprofen either. All that time unattended on the bed and he falls when she’s present? Bullshit.

Reactions: 21

DoctorFlocci

I could of wrote this myself, acts so superior! Plus wasn’t it Tommy that was initially ill so her breast milk wouldn’t of ‘protected’ him anyway
Not sure on the complete science! If anyone cares to elaborate! ☺
First time posting here (joined recently)👋🏻

The science around BF & immunity is still very much a work in progress but it’s fascinating (if you’re a nerd, like me).

Breast milk will contain antibodies against pathogens (disease-causing organisms) to which the mother has been exposed naturally or via vaccination. That much is straightforward.

Next, as the infant starts to explore his/her environment, initially via crawling, he/she will encounter various new potential germs. Given the mother’s instinct to kiss her child’s head (& hands) she will sample some of what he/she comes across in the environment and antibodies will be produced which will quickly find their way into her milk.

Finally, at the end of each suck, a small amount of the baby’s saliva will back flow into the breast. Antibodies are produced following exposure to this “sample” which the baby will then ingest during future feeds. Research has shown that that there are antibodies in breast milk which aren’t present elsewhere in the mother’s body - but are present in her baby - and this is the hypothesis that has been suggested to explain this.

In Ashley’s situation, as I understand it, Tommy got sick first, then she & Alf got poorly around the same time? Given the highly infectious nature of gastroenteritis and that they all live closely together, it’s likely that Ashley’s body was already mounting an immune response soon after Tommy got sick but even if that didn’t happen, it would have done as soon as Alf got sick thanks to the “back flow”.

What’s important to remember is that formula fed babes (with a normal immune system) will mount their own immune response and recover that way. We all get there.

Edit to remove repeated paragraph 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Lurker121

Chatty Member
‘We didn’t get our evenings because Alf didn’t have a bed time’. And whose fault is that?! What’s stupid dense idiot. All these months of depriving that child of a routine, a decent bed time and solid sleep because of her own selfishness and now she ‘couldn’t be happier’. Arghh cannot stand her.

Reactions: 19

Primrose2

Chatty Member
Found her a 50% okay and relatable up until now, I think she has some serious issues she needs to deal with. Booking a last minute 12 hour flight trip with a baby after you have just been there for 2+ weeks is not normal. She really cannot deal with the reality of her life at home I don’t think!

Tank Girl

VIP Member
My best friend is going through her second round of chemo for cervical cancer. Tell you what’s traumatic, watching your son wondering if he’s going to be left without a mother. This one is just unreal. No one cares about your shitty non existent tattoo love. Get a grip

• Sad

MidnightRambler

VIP Member
I can not believe she captioned her post today with ‘been a while since I posted a selfie…’ 😂

It’s been about 25 minutes Ashley you weapon

• Haha

Ebazza

She says she’s too lazy and can’t be bothered to cut up fruit for her son to eat (and so chooses to buy individually plastic wrapped fruit instead) because she’s “so busy with work”, but can spend hours on end moaning and rambling on about the same topic on her stories…

Reactions: 18

MrsRS

Chatty Member
Can we all demand to know how she spends 4 days working please??! Doing what exactly Ashley? What on earth does she have to do that warrants 32 hours per week?!?! How she can call what she does ‘work’ and put herself in the same bracket as mothers who actually work is BEYOND LAUGHABLE.

Also- as a working mother who works in an office 4 days a week, my day off is just that. Yes I haven’t got my feet up and I am not relaxing, but I am looking after a child I chose to bring into this world, yes it’s exhausting, yes I’m just as tired at the end of the day if not more so, but spending time with my child is definitely not in the same bracket as my career- so no, I would not call it a job!

• Heart

Ss-ldn

Chatty Member
Thread title suggestion: “Alf’s not a mistake, I love being a mum. Don’t sexualise me - here, look at my bum”

• Haha

Gossipgurlll5

Chatty Member
It’s not healthy to be this angry and opinionated about every little thing!
I don’t know if it’s an Irish attitude or if I’m somehow underdeveloped this way but to me there’s a limit on how many things I can really passionately care about and really get opinionated and enraged about and when I reach that quota I just don’t care anymore and would be fairly laid back about everything else and find better ways to spend my energy? like how does she keep going??? It’s like she sits and thinks of a huge list of what to complain about and feck all of it is relevant, she does feck all to improve the situation except complain about it (in her view raise awareness) and makes no difference to anyone reading her shit. I honestly don’t get how she has the energy or time to be so triggered all the time in every day life. Like there’s surely a limit where you have to tell yourself to calm down and cop on?? Either physically go and do something beneficial about the things you’re passionate about or shut up whinging constantly and doing nothing but taking half indecent selfies. Life is never going to be perfect but Jesus stop complicating it and making hardship for yourself when life is hard enough!

Smol52

Chatty Member
I’m just listening to it…. One comment ‘do you feel guilty for leaving me looking after your son’ 😳😳

She’s having a go at him for going to the euros 😳

Wow she is passive aggressive towards him!

It’s so clear Tommy wants a routine for Alf and she just completely says ‘we don’t have a routine’

Tommy does all the cleaning, washing and cooking! She’s such a feminist and shouts about inequality when actually this is not her reality in the slightest!!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

MrsRS

Chatty Member
The fact she has to make a point with anything she does - first time back in London on my own since having Alf, 2nd date since having Alf, first time leaving the house alone since having Alf, 465th time scratching my arse since having Alf. Jesus Christ, the fact her mind goes there every single time times me proves he’s been such an inconvenience to their lives. it’s so crazy and sad to watch.

Oh and the smear post made me so angry. So ridiculously irresponsible of her to post that. She really thinks she had an unmatched traumatic experience doesn’t she- no love, my birth was insanely traumatic. I dreaded my smear so much after, literally nearly cancelled it a million times. Of course I didn’t because I’m not a twat.

• Haha

MrsRS

Chatty Member
Bed is totally unsafe once they are moving! All it takes is for him to wake up and quickly crawl off the side. She may be watching him but she wouldn’t make It up there quick enough (OBVIOUSLY!!)

What use does she think pillows around him will do at this stage?! He’s one, he can crawl and almost walk.

What is actually wrong with this girl?????

And the ‘he never had a bedtime.. thanks sleep consultant’ WHAT? You could have given your child a bedtime you absolutely useless moron.

Primrose2

Chatty Member
Still harping on about breastfeeding and sleep. Give it a rest dear.
She’s literally separated breastfeeding and cosleeping, against bottle feeding and cry it out. That’s what she doesn’t understand. That is insinuating it’s one or the other! That bottle fed babies cry. She’s so fucking infuriating and yes Ashley I used to like you but sorry to say it you are being a dick. The problem with cancel culture is she is saying all this shit and then saying you aren’t allowed to be mad about it? Sorry but yes you are offending people now.

• Heart