ASA to name influencers who repeatedly break rules

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I, for one, look forward to this group of influencers being named and shamed. I would hedge my bets and say the vast majority have Tattle threads with people complaining about deceitful posts, shady competitions, undisclosed ADs and frustrated with comments being deleted when they highlight their wrong doings.

The money influencers make from these posts should equate to the fine they pay. The money should fund more ASA officers, because clearly there is a demand for more regulation and rules.

In my opinion it equates to fraud. What’s your thoughts?

Article here;https://www.asa.org.uk/news/taking-action-against-non-compliant-influencers.html

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It was on the news this morning they named 4, the only name I remembered was Chloe ferry. But then I don’t have Fb insta, Snapchat, tiktok etc so have no clue who any of them are

Reactions: 6
I am raging about this issue. Absolutely fed up of being sold to on the daily by sly tactics, I'm also over the filters being used when advertising products, for example body filters when selling me swimwear. Probably a whole other kettle of fish but its high time that was really cracked down on too.
Fine the lot of them and remove their platforms if they continue I say.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It was on the news this morning they named 4, the only name I remembered was Chloe ferry. But then I don’t have Fb insta, Snapchat, tiktok etc so have no clue who any of them are
So true - half will be Z listers desperate to make money whilst they can, without care or consideration on what they promote. Thought it was pretty harsh to highlight just 4 names when there are 118 others who are just as bad!

Reactions: 5
Good, they should be held to account.
Chloe Ferry was advertising (without disclosing it was an ad) for a debt management company breezily suggesting it was easy to wipe away your debt. The company basically suggest getting an IVA (alternative to bankruptcy) and of course there were no details in the ad about what a big decision that is and how it impacts your credit rating. Very grim and potentially very damaging to young/impressionable followers who don’t fully grasp the situation and just see the words ‘write off your debt!’.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
So far they've only named 4 to my knowledge

Chloe Ferry
Lucy Meck
Chloe Khan
Jodie Marsh

Ok great name and shame them but what is the outcome!? Are they going to fine them? or what?

we’re all aware of this, but they need consequences imo, the general public don’t really care if its labelled as an ad, these influencers need to be hit where it hurts- their pockets.

• Heart
Like fair enough these four influencers get named, but what about the rest? These are big names but I'm seeing local, small time influencers constantly at it. They make their revenue the same way but because they won't make headlines they don't get a mention. Already today I've seen stories selling me hair straighteners and lazer hair removal, companies are tagged with a lovely swipe up and/or discount code but no big flashing sign that reads this is an advert. Its just girls I'm using this or I've just had and I love it. The followers think the influencers are doing them a favour so absolutely won't report. I don't know what the solution is though.

• Heart
Katie Price should be on this list the amount of times she has been reported

Reactions: 3
HINCH better be on this list.

Are Americans governed by the same rules as the ASA? There's one I follow and she never ever ever declared them as Ads when they are 5 or 6 stories long and 100 percent and ad.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am so happy about this. I hate hate hate how crappy influencers are about declaring ads, gifts and brand links (i.e own the brand etc).

https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html This is where to report influencers in the UK by the way.

https://www.asa.org.uk/codes-and-rulings/rulings.html and this is where previous rulings appear.

HINCH better be on this list.

Are Americans governed by the same rules as the ASA? There's one I follow and she never ever ever declared them as Ads when they are 5 or 6 stories long and 100 percent and ad.
There are FTC rules for US influencers too: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/disclosures-101-social-media-influencers

Last edited:
Really hope they actually look at smaller influencers too and not just Z-list celebrities. There are so many out there not declaring properly and something needs to be done. I've reported a few over the last few months and never heard anything back from the ASA and never seen them appear in their weekly rulings update either. If they want influencers to take the law seriously, they need to enforce them.

• Heart
Reactions: 6