Are denim shorts worn with tights still in fashion?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
if it makes you comfortable then go for it. Who cares what anyone else thinks. There will always be someone bigger, slimmer, taller, smaller, etc etc etc than you. If you like how it looks and it means you wont spend the whole day feeling self conscious then go for it!

Reactions: 4
I think I last wore this look in 2012, god save me how has it been almost a decade. If you want to wear shorts wear shorts. If you’re self conscious of your legs why not wear a midi dress or something then little shorts underneath to prevent chafage?

Reactions: 2
Thanks everyone! Just to clear a few things up, I struggle dressing myself as I’m only 5ft, a little chunky and my legs are far less than perfect so I used to wear shorter skirts and shorts as they suited me better but now I don’t have the body for it!

Reactions: 1
Just go for it. I always used to cover my legs up. I’ve got a varicose vein down one leg and to me it’s really noticeable but I’ve given up caring. If people are bothered by my legs it’s their problem not mine. Enjoy yourself and wear what you want 😊

I wear them like that. I wasn’t aware it was a fashion crime 🙄😆 do whatever you like my love, life is too short to worry over other people’s opinions

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Come on, everybody can wear everything. You don’t have to have ”the body” to wear stuff you like, you just have to have a body. Clothes are just clothes, not something you have to deserve!

Tights + shorts remind me of 2010s Alexa Chung, but if that’s your thing, why not? Life is too short to worry about what strangers on the street think of your style. Wear what makes you feel comfortable and confident, I’m sure you look great! ❤

I would wear this and have done, but probably in the colder weather. Have you thought about cropped jeans or trousers?

Last year gave me some confidence as I was at home in shorts and I decided to just brave it. But frankly, wear what ever makes your happy and wear it with pride, don’t give two hoots what’s on fashion or what others think!

What about skin coloured tights? Give you the coverage you want but not so obvious?
I have the same dress in 8 different colours/patterns and just wear them on rotation lol I'm probably the last person who should be offering fashion advice!

It's not in fashion but as others have said, you do you.
I think with fishnet tights it's still a thing

I'm in a similar boat, I'm 5'1 and have a 'thing' about my legs. I've only just started wearing shorts this year (I'm late 20's 😬)
I second the poster who suggested a long kimono, it really helps me not feel as self conscious!

Who cares what other people think, wear what you want and what you feel comfortable in. I loved tights and shorts back in the day! I'd still wear them now only my arse is too big for shorts :D

Ugh I miss shorts with tights! They were my favourite gig outfit circa 2008 💔 most current fashion doesn’t suit me at all, so I’d rather wear what I like than what ‘fashion’ dictates. Wear the tights/don’t wear the tights, as other posters have said life’s too short! (In fact you have inspired me to wear my fishnets with shorts for my rescheduled gigs in 2022!)

Reactions: 3
I was just wondering this today. I’ve seen loads of pairs of shorts I love but I don’t think I’d have the confidence to wear them with bare legs. I used to always wear denim hot pants etc with black tights underneath but I don’t know if this is still a thing! Pic for example:
View attachment 615863
I wore this combo in 2008. Haven’t seen anyone wearing it since. Still, it depends on what you want to do. You do you x

It’s not fashionable anymore but I wish it was! I loved wearing it at the time. Take me back!

However if you want to wear it then go ahead, realistically lots of things aren’t fashionable any more but people still wear them. I still wear leggings and long vest tops with a cardigan like it’s 2009 and I’m probably never gunna stop tbh 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
It’s not fashionable anymore but I wish it was! I loved wearing it at the time. Take me back!

However if you want to wear it then go ahead, realistically lots of things aren’t fashionable any more but people still wear them. I still wear leggings and long vest tops with a cardigan like it’s 2009 and I’m probably never gunna stop tbh 😂
Keep wearing it cos it’ll probably come back into fashion soon anyway 😂 2002/03 fashion is already back in 😐

• Haha
Keep wearing it cos it’ll probably come back into fashion soon anyway 😂 2002/03 fashion is already back in 😐
Oh god. I’m not ready for low rise jeans to come back. Not after eating my way through lockdown 😂

• Haha
I think shorts with tights looks really cute! We should just wear them & maybe it will be "influenced" back into trend. Even if not, we'll still look cute.

Don't worry about what is regarded as fashion... not that long ago people were wearing crushed velvet trackies!

If wearing tights with shorts make you feel comfortable, then go for it. Nothing looks better than confidence xx