Arab Influencers, fakes and flakes #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well done for Sheikha Maryam cutting her off. As modern some khaleejis can be, they are very very private. I can imagine that she didn't like her name being used /abused for someone else's personal gain. I think she didn't like that some people want to make themselves look better by the association with her. It's very poor taste.

Reactions: 5
I think I must have fell for the voice and the innocent act she has on her stories where she never really shows she’s inteligent but abit silly and obsessed with perfume like isn’t she supposed to have a background as a banker/finance? You just wouldn’t imagine it.

Reactions: 4
The dubai WHAT ? First time hearing of this

Do you have pic of her ?

Reactions: 2
No disrespect intended considering its my generation too. and yes I do think its rather dumb, whether its the people believing these rumors or the pages spreading it. Any opinions/rumors are welcome but please do not insult my intelligence. These figures do not make any sense at all, Egyptian pounds or not. "An apartment in Sheikh Zayed which costs 54 miliion EGP?" ... suuuuure!

@DesertBlossom Sorry, i'm not familiar with the royals so who is Maryam and what does she do?
Sheikh Mohamed - the ruler of Dubai - has at least two daughters named Maryam.

This is the one I'm referring to. She's about the same age as Latifa.

Last edited:
I had the pleasure of meeting Mona and makeup artist Hindash in lpm Dubai, she was really sweet and we had a nice conversation despite her being with her friends. So I don’t understand what’s being said. Is she really going to keep her “fake” happy persona 24/7? Because that would take a lot of patience and commitment.

Any info on Zubaida aka butterhotshoes? It's like she's disappeared off the face of the earth.

She's another Iraqi that was often seen hanging out with Mona, Basma (Mona's now estranged business partner/ ex best friend) , and a bunch of other rich khaleeji girls for clout.

Last I heard she married an Emirati guy for the passport/citizenship.

Reactions: 1

UAE doesn’t give citizenship to spouses, perhaps if he is a royal. But a citizen 100% no.

UAE doesn’t give citizenship to spouses, perhaps if he is a royal. But a citizen 100% no.

Good on UAE for implementing laws that keep the leeches out. She'll at least get a passport so she can travel to nice places - something she couldn't do with her Iraqi passport.

Good on UAE for implementing laws that keep the leeches out. She'll at least get a passport so she can travel to nice places - something she couldn't do with her Iraqi passport.
I mean I have dual citizenship and used my passport countless times but ok

Dima’s getting married in Lebanon today. I’m excited to see her dress, tho I have a feeling it will maybe be a bit underwhelming. I think she’s so beautiful tho and can pull of the most minimal looks.

Joory is back in London again… wonder why she keeps travelling back and forth between Paris, London & Geneva

Reactions: 3
She’s a really genuine girl. She does endurance horse racing now, pretty sure she never got married. She’s still friends with Mona and the same crew but is very dedicated to the equestrian life. She’s not a clout chaser at all.

Technically it is possible to apply for citizenship as the spouse of a local but there are various strict requirements. The wife of a local has to be listed in the jinsiya (family book) for at least 7 years (if they have kids together) or 10 years (without kids) before being eligible to apply, and then there are lots of interviews and background checks, Islamic and Arabic exams and so on. Some nationalities of spouse will find it easier to be approved than others. Dual citizenship isn’t permitted so anyone applying for the nationality will have to surrender their original citizenship (which ironically the nationalities that would most easily get approved are usually not willing to do). As a result there are not many cases of naturalisation through marriage happening these days. I know many that got the passport 15-20+ years ago as it was much easier back then. But in the past decade I’ve only personally known 3 wives of locals who got approved for it.

Mona is truly so sweet, I get why some people might think it comes across as sickly sweet to the point of being fake, but she really is always like that and always has been. Never witnessed or heard of her persona changing whatsoever. She and her hubs have known each other since high school days and seem really happy together.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.