Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Slaybutter

VIP Member
No I used to have miso regularly just to put on water weight / give myself a youthful face and at 30 years young I was confused for an 18 yr old. Flash forward to recently where I shared a picture with my family where my cheekbones are showing and now they’re all giving me flack for being single at my age. Things have not been the same for me since sharing that pic. I had a good life before. 😢

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Yep I’m 27 and just started a job at a supermarket with a load of 18/19 year olds and after like a few weeks they found out my age and were like wtf thought u were our age! Haha. I have a baby voice (which I hate hate hate no one takes what I’m saying very seriously due to it) so that doesn’t help and I’m quite small boned so look a bit small even tho I’m an average height! X
Yep, heard that one too

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Annoying isn’t it. I’m 44 and look more like late 20s early 30s. I am paranoid people think I’m a bit ‘mutton dressed as lamb’.
It's so annoying at the best of times but when someone is talking about a recent or upcoming birthday surely the obvious response is to wish them a happy birthday.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
No I used to have miso regularly just to put on water weight / give myself a youthful face and at 30 years young I was confused for an 18 yr old. Flash forward to recently where I shared a picture with my family where my cheekbones are showing and now they’re all giving me flack for being single at my age. Things have not been the same for me since sharing that pic. I had a good life before. 😢
I think my face often gets water retention/ puffiness that people mistake for 'puppy fat' and that's why they think I'm younger.

It's all about how people perceive someone due to their looks really. Surely your family know how old you are.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I was going to put this in the annoyed/ having a rant threads but it's quite on topic for this one.

My teenager and I went to a local building that is open for heritage open day . We were in one room , just us and 2 ladies of probably retirement age. Because there wasn't many of us , the volunteer showed and told us everything quickly and sent us through to the next room ,on the other side of the building . The previous group in there hadn't finished and the volunteer in that room scolded me and my teenager for coming in , as if we'd just wandered in off the street. He spoke to us as if we were children, but didn't say anything to the ladies who had come in at the same time.

I've been pissed off about it ever since.

Slaybutter

VIP Member
I think my face often gets water retention/ puffiness that people mistake for 'puppy fat' and that's why they think I'm younger.

It's all about how people perceive someone due to their looks really. Surely your family know how old you are.
I really like the look! I first saw it on me when I had moon face lol

They were fooled into forgetting 🤷🏻‍♀️ The family is incredibly superficial. That’s a saga for a therapist though. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I got asked for I.d in the supermarket today cos I bought wine in my weekly shop.
I thought I must now look old enough not to be asked any more because they usually just press the yes without checking.

Warriorqueen

VIP Member
Bit of a rant incoming - been celebrating my 40th and people have just been telling me they don't think I look 40 rather than saying happy birthday
Annoying isn’t it. I’m 44 and look more like late 20s early 30s. I am paranoid people think I’m a bit ‘mutton dressed as lamb’.

Sibz

VIP Member
I'm early 30s and usually still get IDed a lot, but I was at a festival recently and getting a drink at the bar, they asked me to take my sunglasses off instead of asking ID and just looked at me and said "ok" :LOL: guess my crows feet gives me away now!!

Kim Mild

VIP Member
26 and have been asked if I’m as young as 12...Spent a couple of years as a retail manager and had many the awkward moment where I said “I’m the manager” and the guest thought I was mocking them 🙈
I think ,as an industry, retail does tend to have young managers

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I completely support cashiers etc requesting ID (in a respectful way), have worked in retail before and was told to check if I had any doubts at all as I would be the one to face prosecution, not the company

One thing I don’t understand is Challenge 25 and now apparently Challenge 30?! The law for alcohol is 18, surely the guidance should be to request ID from customers who look under or around 18. Seems discriminatory to request ID from people who are 7-12 years above the legal age
Yes, it is important they are vigilant and if they do ask ,they should remain professional and keep their opinion to themselves .

Honestly I think a young looking 30 year old looks so much older than a 17/18 year old . Maybe retailers should just do I.d spot checks at random rather than the challenge 30 stuff.

hnoz

VIP Member
I honestly just don't care, sometimes people in work think i'm there on work experience but I don't think it is rude to think someone looks younger.
In my case i've a roundish young looking face, plus i'm really petite so would fit kids clothes etc so I do look young, it is what it is.

Bambix

I was getting asked for ID up to around 35. i did look a lot younger, then I seemed to age really quickly now I’m in my 40s I think I do look my age.

prozacprincess

VIP Member
When I was younger it was a pain with the ID thing. I couldn’t buy alcohol in a bar in New York because I had no ID on me … I was 35 at the time !
Now I see it as a blessing. I’m the oldest by 6 years in my current production crew but nobody realised until today when I was discussing my 50th birthday trip in two years time. It was assumed I was in my 30’s 😆

Do many of you get asked what your secret is ?

I don’t know if there is a secret but I care for my skin, use SPF and have a young attitude to life. Genes play a big part though, my mum looks much younger than her 68 years.

totallytaz

Chatty Member
The Daily Mail occasionally runs those “Everyone thinks my daughter is my sister article” and you’ve got some 38 year old who woman who dresses like a teen, and looks like a 48 year old in the face 🙊
It should be “Everyone thinks my mum is my sister”.

Jdottt13

I found it a curse when at the age of 21 I was walking home from work with a throbbing headache so popped into Asda to get some paracetamol and I was asked to show ID.. u have to be 16 to buy it so clearly I looked young - maybe I had no make up on that day 🤣 25 now and about to give birth to my 2nd child and I think that’s aged me now as I don’t get ID’ed for anything anymore 🤣

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I'm 25 and was in the Asda the other week pushing my son in his pram. I got ID'ed for a can of red bull, I didn't have my ID. They said my son 'could of been my brother' 🤦‍♀️
My oldest was in their teens when my youngest was born and people (in general) tend to think a large age gap is odd. Then you get people who think a parent is a sibling, when there's obviously a bigger age gap.