Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
It should be “Everyone thinks my mum is my sister”.
There are celebs that have always are in their mid/late 30s and I think look younger ( but not in a celeb youthful way) . Examples I can think of Tina O'Brien, Meghan Markle, Avril Levigne. And Carly Rae Jepsen, I genuinely thought she was a teenager

Reactions: 1

Caramel Latte

Haven’t had a problem with it, just one time a woman who sees me regularly thought i was in year 15 when i was 21.
I would love to look young when I’m older ngl😂

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I am in my early twenties and most people mistake me for a secondary school student! They ask me what GCSEs I'm doing, or what I want to study at college and I think "b****, I did all that 6 years ago" :LOL:.
Apparently when I wear makeup, I look even younger. It is so embarassing.

A customer at work said to me a few months ago "Thank you for being such a helpful young lady. Oh actually you're still a girl aren't you? Helpful young girl". Yikes. Can I please age soon?
Was the customer elderly? Sometimes they refer to everyone young as girl/boy .It's a bit rude, though, imagine them saying that to someone who didn't identify as female.

Magnolia4

I feel like I'm never getting past it and that I'm never seen as being adult enough.

It knocks my confidence and affects my self image. I'd been feeling better about myself lately too, but since the other day I've had a set back .
I can totally relate to this. I also think it massively affects my credibility at work with colleagues I don’t know since I look so young still (I have a senior position, keep having to prove myself).
Plus I have 2children and when we’re out people stare, probably judging me as a “teen mom”. I’m 32

• Heart

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I think once you turn 50 you will wish for these days back 😂 Take it as a compliment because you wont look young forever. It's really annoying when people get abusive to people who ask for ID when there jobs are on the line. Also people who work in shops/bars have a huge pressure from trading standards. They have to be very careful with ID. Some places it's challenge 30 and some challenge 25. They get so many test shoppers to check if you have ask someone for ID. If you fail its in the newspaper and you will lose your job and get a huge fine or your employer will get one.
I completely support cashiers etc requesting ID (in a respectful way), have worked in retail before and was told to check if I had any doubts at all as I would be the one to face prosecution, not the company

One thing I don’t understand is Challenge 25 and now apparently Challenge 30?! The law for alcohol is 18, surely the guidance should be to request ID from customers who look under or around 18. Seems discriminatory to request ID from people who are 7-12 years above the legal age

mcfeez

VIP Member
I'm 30 and have been ID-ed twice recently for buying alcohol and a kitchen knife

A few years ago I answered the door to someone wanting to talk about our internet provider and they asked if my parents were there. I said no and shut the door haha.

When I was mid 20s the security lady at the airport got half way through the pat down before asking if we needed to check with parents first - to security check an under 16 you need a parents permission.

• Haha

seaborgium

People should keep their perceptions to themselves, because what they say does have an impact on how we feel ,on the receiving end.
I totally agree. The age old assume makes an ass out of u and me springs to mind.

keepyourpeace

VIP Member
Got idd at the bar at Twickenham and the guy went oh jesus christ when I handed it over.
I'm 30 😢 He told me I don't look as old as that!

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I’m 42 . I get asked for ID on occasion . I have a 25 year old daughter . I do know exactly what’s coming when meeting new people and they ask if you have any kids and ages etc.
I have always looked really young for my age and I obviously was a very young mum and did work hard not to care what anyone thought.
The honest truth at this age though ... absolutely bloody love looking younger , factor 50 every day to try to keep it that way .
[/QUOTE

It's so predictable what people say. Honestly if my teenager was younger, I'd probably just lie and say I was 30 instead of 37 .

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I’m 27 and got ID’ed in Tesco for paracetomal. Started a new job a few months ago and mentioned my son… someone asked what it’s like being a teen Mum 😬 I was like er I don’t know I’m 27 🤣🤣

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
In the UK, the accepted rule for cashiers serving people wanting age-protected products in supermarkets is to always ID all customers in groups (from groups of 2 upwards - even obvious partners) where the cashier is not absolutely certain that both/all of the group are definitely over 25. It is not unheard of, for example, for one of the group who has ID to attempt to buy alcohol for one or more under-aged members of the group not possessing ID - known as purchase by proxy; hence the rule that everyone in the group needs to show their ID or no sale.
Some of them are ridiculously OTT with it though.
I remember being in the supermarket with my dad as a kid, I must’ve been about 13/14 (so very obviously a child), and he was browsing the beer section jobsworth comes up and starts asking him if both of us had ID and saying she wouldn’t be able to sell it to him unless I did!
It was so cringe because they had a bit of back and fourth where my dad was like are you seriously not going to let me buy beer coz my kid is with me? Then her manager then turned up and called her off and let my dad buy it in the end.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
When someone told me I looked too young to be married, I got married in my late 20s, it was a stranger, and a bloody cheeky one!
That's cheeky , especially if it was in the workplace as anyone who is old enough to work is old enough to get married ( pretty much).

Looking a certain way isn't a requirement for marriage.

LemonLife

VIP Member
When I was younger it was a pain with the ID thing. I couldn’t buy alcohol in a bar in New York because I had no ID on me … I was 35 at the time !
Now I see it as a blessing. I’m the oldest by 6 years in my current production crew but nobody realised until today when I was discussing my 50th birthday trip in two years time. It was assumed I was in my 30’s 😆

Do many of you get asked what your secret is ?

I don’t know if there is a secret but I care for my skin, use SPF and have a young attitude to life. Genes play a big part though, my mum looks much younger than her 68 years.
Yes! People ask me my secret all the time and my answer is always good genes 💁🏻‍♀️

Tricham

Chatty Member
I based my comment on seeing other ones where it mentions finding it offensive and/or condescending.
Oh ok. One time I did get annoyed when I was accompanying my other half at supermarket. He was buying himself beer, and they asked for my ID. I wasn't the one buying it and i didn't have my ID with me (we were mid 20s). They refused to sell it to him. I've never worked in retail so I don't know the rules, but I didn't realise you couldn't buy alcohol if accompanied by someone underage..

RR20

I'm 29 but people say I look like I'm still in my teens,i don't think I've changed much looks wise since then although my hair has thinned slightly. I often get asked for ID and my work colleagues always say they assumed I was late teens/ early 20s.

As I'm nearly 30 I'm starting to actually worry about ageing so have stared using retinol.

masterone

I definitely look my age but wasn't allowed to buy scissors in Asda and ibuprofen in Aldi... Wtf, I'm 37 and look 47 :LOL:

Oh ok. One time I did get annoyed when I was accompanying my other half at supermarket. He was buying himself beer, and they asked for my ID. I wasn't the one buying it and i didn't have my ID with me (we were mid 20s). They refused to sell it to him. I've never worked in retail so I don't know the rules, but I didn't realise you couldn't buy alcohol if accompanied by someone underage..
In the UK, the accepted rule for cashiers serving people wanting age-protected products in supermarkets is to always ID all customers in groups (from groups of 2 upwards - even obvious partners) where the cashier is not absolutely certain that both/all of the group are definitely over 25. It is not unheard of, for example, for one of the group who has ID to attempt to buy alcohol for one or more under-aged members of the group not possessing ID - known as purchase by proxy; hence the rule that everyone in the group needs to show their ID or no sale.