Anti Conspiracy Theories #6 wakey, wakey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wide awake. :D

I swear we're getting through threads faster these days. Must mean there's more CT nonsense out there than ever before!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Re the Lucy Letby post … WTF did I just read ?!?

I’m confused as to whether they think it’s all a fabricated trial or what. My brain hurts now 😳

Reactions: 7
I haven't seen any of that? But they usually have it in for the NHS, so I expect it's the usual "she's being used as a scapegoat!" type narrative.

Am I far off?

Reactions: 9
You’re spot on. But to be fair, it is very early in the trial and people may think something now which they dismiss when they hear all of the evidence.
(Well, that’s what happens in my world but I’m fully aware that many CTs lack the power of rational thought!)

Reactions: 13
Are you AWAKE yet?
I'd say no because I just pressed the arrow on your post in the previous thread instead of the link. 🤷‍♀️
Ive been following the Lucy Letby case and there was some conjecture regarding her guilt vs her being a scapegoat for general negligence, even from non-CT folk. The prosecution provided some excellent evidence and did quite a thorough job but there's always going to someone making bullshit out of fresh air.
For example, Letby's garden was dug up in an evidence search. According to some this was a 'distraction'. That makes no sense if you have even the slightest awareness of police procedure let alone the cost.

Reactions: 10
I haven't seen any of that? But they usually have it in for the NHS, so I expect it's the usual "she's being used as a scapegoat!" type narrative.

Am I far off?
I don’t usually post on this thread but I know that you have called me a CT many times but I absolutely think that she is guilty of what she’s been accused of. There are loads of them on the LL thread that think she is being used as a scapegoat for NHS failings which is obviously bullshit when you see the evidence against her already. Iv not seen one person on the CT thread claim this about LL other than the poster that was going on about that XXXTentacion and Drake thing,and she sounds like a moron to me anyway.

A quote from Professor Dave Farina:

“The simplest of minds refuse to live in a world that doesn't recognize their own brilliance. It is the desire to live in a science fiction movie, where they are part of the few rebels that know the truth. Turning to conspiratorial thinking is the only defense mechanism of the delusional narcissist with no skillset to match.”

• Heart
Reactions: 22
LL other than the poster that was going on about that XXXTentacion and Drake thing,and she sounds like a moron to me anyway.
Did they link Drake and XXX to the LL trial? That would be a bit mad even by those standards.

Although not the maddest thing I've ever seen, mind you.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Did they link Drake and XXX to the LL trial? That would be a bit mad even by those standards.

I had a look and it's something about Satanism as usual. I know I always harp on about it but none of these 'Satanic Troofers' know what they're on about, it's embarrassing.

• Heart

XXX got killed cause he was carrying around duffel bags full of money and was heavily involved with crime, he accidentally shared his location and someone shot him for a bag of money. He was held up with a gun and was shot because he wouldn’t hand over the money

IDC that he was killed though, he was a hideous man who was a misogynist and routinely beat the women in his life. He even raped his girlfriend with a barbecue fork and routinely beat her. He was really young when he died but he would’ve been an even bigger piece of tit if he didn’t get shot.

There’s no conspiracy, also Satan doesn’t exist, drake didn’t have him killed, the illuminati doesn’t exist and Jews don’t run the world.

I have been pissed off with conspiracy theorists since last night when I read that even though Jews hate Christian’s they still conspire with Catholics to control the world. Anything with any sort of culture and ritual will have conspiracy theorists shaking and accusatory simply because they don’t understand it.

If they just admit that they don’t believe in certain rituals and practices of other religions and that they just want to believe there’s something more to this world rather than falling into nihilism they would be far less anxious and fearful of the future. But they’re too narcissistic and self righteous to admit so.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
XXX got killed cause he was carrying around duffel bags full of money and was heavily involved with crime, he accidentally shared his location and someone shot him for a bag of money. He was held up with a gun and was shot because he wouldn’t hand over the money

IDC that he was killed though, he was a hideous man who was a misogynist and routinely beat the women in his life. He even raped his girlfriend with a barbecue fork and routinely beat her. He was really young when he died but he would’ve been an even bigger piece of tit if he didn’t get shot.

There’s no conspiracy, also Satan doesn’t exist, drake didn’t have him killed, the illuminati doesn’t exist and Jews don’t run the world.

I have been pissed off with conspiracy theorists since last night when I read that even though Jews hate Christian’s they still conspire with Catholics to control the world. Anything with any sort of culture and ritual will have conspiracy theorists shaking and accusatory simply because they don’t understand it.

If they just admit that they don’t believe in certain rituals and practices of other religions and that they just want to believe there’s something more to this world rather than falling into nihilism they would be far less anxious and fearful of the future. But they’re too narcissistic and self righteous to admit so.
I met a Christian woman at the train station a few years ago, she saw me struggling to walk (I have stage 4 endo, I'm often in a lot of pain) anyhoo she asked if she could pray for me and I said yeah, you know I'm desperate for some relief from the pain so I'll try anything.

She prayed for me which was nice of her. She then told me that all Catholics are going to hell! My sweet old nana was a staunch Roman Catholic and if there is a hell there's no way she's there. I'm not often lost for words but this chick blew me away with her bluntness.

Sure, Catholics don't have the greatest rep but to say all those people will burn for eternity because of their faith seemed a very un-xtian thing to say.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I met a Christian woman at the train station a few years ago, she saw me struggling to walk (I have stage 4 endo, I'm often in a lot of pain) anyhoo she asked if she could pray for me and I said yeah, you know I'm desperate for some relief from the pain so I'll try anything.

She prayed for me which was nice of her. She then told me that all Catholics are going to hell! My sweet old nana was a staunch Roman Catholic and if there is a hell there's no way she's there. I'm not often lost for words but this chick blew me away with her bluntness.

Sure, Catholics don't have the greatest rep but to say all those people will burn for eternity because of their faith seemed a very un-xtian thing to say.
I wonder what they would think of me? An Irish Catholic whose Fathers side of the family were Polish Jews who converted and changed their surname to avoid persecution. I think they would think I am the Devil! Which would just give me a complex 😘

I forgot to add in, I once seen your run of the mill evangelist who was against Jews, Muslims, immigrants, gays, women but the funniest thing they were against was the Pope. How are you a staunch Christian and speaking the word of God and Jesus yet think you can Out-Bible the Pope?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My method of stopping people talking to me about god is to say something to the effect "I think Jesus was a decent bloke, but I don't belive he was the son of god".

Reactions: 4
A quote from Professor Dave Farina:

“The simplest of minds refuse to live in a world that doesn't recognize their own brilliance. It is the desire to live in a science fiction movie, where they are part of the few rebels that know the truth. Turning to conspiratorial thinking is the only defense mechanism of the delusional narcissist with no skillset to match.”
Sums it up really.

Though I'd add that, in addition to seeing themselves as rebels in a science fiction movie, some of them seem to think they're superheroes, too. Obviously not due to physical strength, but the fact they see themselves as 'rescuing' the masses from themselves.

They also have very lofty views of themselves, with comments like "we're the only ones who can see it, we're part of the few". They act like super intelligence is required and that anyone who doesn't buy into CTs is just too thick to get it.

They can also have a bit of a victim complex - eg the recent talk of unvaccinated people being treated like Jews during the Holocaust - which is an attempt to tug at heartstrings. I think that's done because they realise they're failing to convince people with their wild theories, so they think making themselves look like poor downtrodden people will change minds instead.

I know some people say this thread is solely about mocking conspiracy theories and theorists, but it's not just that, it's also about understanding why they think the way they do. How do they get drawn into it all?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Sums it up really.

Though I'd add that, in addition to seeing themselves as rebels in a science fiction movie, some of them seem to think they're superheroes, too. Obviously not due to physical strength, but the fact they see themselves as 'rescuing' the masses from themselves.

They also have very lofty views of themselves, with comments like "we're the only ones who can see it, we're part of the few". They act like super intelligence is required and that anyone who doesn't buy into CTs is just too thick to get it.

They can also have a bit of a victim complex - eg the recent talk of unvaccinated people being treated like Jews during the Holocaust - which is an attempt to tug at heartstrings. I think that's done because they realise they're failing to convince people with their wild theories, so they think making themselves look like poor downtrodden people will change people's minds instead.

I know some people say this thread is solely about mocking conspiracy theorists, but it's not just that, it's also about understanding why they think the way they do. How do they get drawn into it all?
Very well put, Ens, particularly the last paragraph. As someone who has lost friends to the CT world (one pre-Covid, one post) I wonder what made them change so much?
Or was it always there waiting to bubble up to the surface and lockdown made some of them more confident in their opinions?

Reactions: 6
Very well put, Ens, particularly the last paragraph. As someone who has lost friends to the CT world (one pre-Covid, one post) I wonder what made them change so much?
Or was it always there waiting to bubble up to the surface and lockdown made some of them more confident in their opinions?
I think it's such a shame that it can ruin friendships. I don't have any close friends who are into conspiracy theories, so I can't really understand what it's like, but it must be upsetting to lose friendships over that kind of thing. Sorry to hear you've had to go through that.

The closest I've had was a guy I sometimes spoke to online. We struck up an acquaintance over our joint interests of films, music, video games etc. We never really discussed conspiracy theories apart from when he mentioned a relative of his who posted things on Facebook about contrails - he thought this guy was a bit crazy; in fact he'd sometimes send me screenshots of his relative's weird posts along with captions like: "look what he's saying now..."

Then he lost his job, and as he lived in a vey rural part of Scotland, he really struggled to find alternative work. Obviously I only knew what he told me, but he seemed a bit down - as he had to move back in with his parents due to running out of money. Then a few weeks later out of the blue he said he was going to a David Icke conference. I didn't want to be rude and say "wtf?" but it surprised me. Why would someone with not much money want to spend money on trains and hotels to see someone like that? It was clear he'd got drawn into it all. I can't say for sure, but I wondered if it was because he'd got so much time on his hands and started looking into all this stuff and maybe found a 'supportive' community?

We lost contact not long after that and I do still think about him. Hopefully he turned his life around.

• Heart
Sums it up really.

They can also have a bit of a victim complex - eg the recent talk of unvaccinated people being treated like Jews during the Holocaust - which is an attempt to tug at heartstrings. I think that's done because they realise they're failing to convince people with their wild theories, so they think making themselves look like poor downtrodden people will change minds instead.

I know some people say this thread is solely about mocking conspiracy theories and theorists, but it's not just that, it's also about understanding why they think the way they do. How do they get drawn into it all?
Most of them are just uneducated imo. I had a scary argument a few days ago with someone about the covid vaccine, they started sending me data insisting it proved that the vaccine is causing a rise in deaths, but what they actually sent me were stats from the ONS which showed the numbers of those who died with COVID who were vaccinated vs those who were unvaccinated over a certain time period, and shock horror, around 80% of those who died were unvaccinated. Anyway, I literally said to them do you not realise that what you’ve just sent me actually supports the argument that the vaccine is actually effective? At which point they just started jeering at me, personally insulting me and telling me not to ‘live in denial’. I just thought, you don’t have to be an epidemiologist to conclude from this data (which YOU yourself have sent me) that it means the vaccine prevents covid deaths? How the hell are you reading it and coming to the complete *opposite* conclusion?
Idk I know it’s not the PC thing to say, but I just think a lot of them are either uneducated and lacking critical thinking skills or just genuinely thick as bleeping pig shite.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Re the Lucy Letby post … WTF did I just read ?!?

I’m confused as to whether they think it’s all a fabricated trial or what. My brain hurts now 😳

I feel like banging my head against a brick wall that so many people in the LL trial thread are “on the fence”, “waiting to hear all the facts”, she’s got 7 precious babies that she was near who have been killed to answer for, her garden has been dug up and there’s even f*cken notes in her handwriting saying “I killed them”. How on God’s earth is she not guilty.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.