Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Out of curiosity (as I'm also a person who asks far too many questions of people who would far rather have their overconfidence interpreted as expertise...it's not. However much they insist that they know x when the truth is y), if any of you had applied for a bog standard, basement dwelling minion position in a huge organisation for an easier life - what is the likelihood of your interview panel consisting of three major league directors in areas you also admittedly have considerable related experience in but aren't required to for the role advertised?

I can't quite see why they would be troubling themselves with such an insignificant little role/person when it won't affect their roles or functions one bit. Especially as the gap between application and interview has been over two months when the usual turnaround is about a fortnight.

(Yes, I'm deeply suspicious here.)
Hmmm that's unusual... Maybe they micromanage hiring decisions? What's your gut feel?

Department chair cancels monthly meeting one minute before the meeting start time. Third time they've cancelled this month. Month is over now.
If they don't have time to lead the meeting they should designate a proxy.
This is so annoying! Ours does this regularly and I’ve stopped to get online on time for them, we are scattered around and have different time zones. Nop, not getting up at 5:30 am to learn at 5:45 am, that a 6:00 am meeting is canceled.