Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's why genuine flexi time is better if it suits the industry - you arrive, get settled then clock in what you're ready to start. You don't have to arrive early in case of traffic or so you're ready on the dot of 9. When I'm in the office, I get in, fart about for about 10 mins getting a coffee and so on, then clock in.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Worked my ass off on a piece of work for the CEO over the last two weeks, now it’s done the CEO has mistakenly credited my manager for the work twice, in a company wide presentation and email shout out. I did it all very much solo. Feels petty to correct a little shout out but also feels very tit to grind on a piece of work for someone who doesn’t even realise you did it and probably doesn’t even know your name.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Worked my ass off on a piece of work for the CEO over the last two weeks, now it’s done the CEO has mistakenly credited my manager for the work twice, in a company wide presentation and email shout out. I did it all very much solo. Feels petty to correct a little shout out but also feels very tit to grind on a piece of work for someone who doesn’t even realise you did it and probably doesn’t even know your name.
It would be right for your line manager to email the CEO and point out it was all your work. In fact, they are a bit of a twit if they don't tbh.

Reactions: 16
Would your manager have taken the credit? That happened to me in the past.

Her manager at a meeting of just the three of us then mentioned the great piece of work SHE did. Because I was sitting there, she had to mumble that it was me who had done it.

Reactions: 2
Would your manager have taken the credit? That happened to me in the past.

Her manager at a meeting of just the three of us then mentioned the great piece of work SHE did. Because I was sitting there, she had to mumble that it was me who had done it.
Nah he’s a good manager, I don’t think he’s even noticed that he’s getting the credit as he missed the presentation and could have easily missed the shout out at the bottom of a weekly email. This is why I’m not sure if it’s worth bringing it up or letting it go

Reactions: 2
Nah he’s a good manager, I don’t think he’s even noticed that he’s getting the credit as he missed the presentation and could have easily missed the shout out at the bottom of a weekly email. This is why I’m not sure if it’s worth bringing it up or letting it go
Bring it up.

Reactions: 9
People who copy the CEO or GM on an email in an obvious and blatant attempt to get you in trouble.
Someone did that this morning. I think the CEO has better things to do than worry about slight delays with a document upload.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
When someone pings you "hey quick question"...eh no it's not a quick question you want a quick answer.

Reactions: 8
Your manager should have proactively given you credit both during the presentation and when they received the email from the CEO.

If the CEO received the work directly from your manager without him/her mentioning you when they sent it or even cc’ing you, it’s understandable the CEO thinks it’s their work, especially if they had originally tasked your manager with this and it was delegated to you.

I would be careful as to how you address it with your direct manager. Choose your words carefully as it’s quite a delicate situation. You should get credit for your work and this responsibility lies with your manager.

Reactions: 6
This is a bit petty but it honestly annoyed me.

I normally sit at this one seat at work (we don’t have assigned seats, but no one ever sits there). One of my work ‘friends’ walked past me and was like ‘oh, you do like this seat? Does it work properly?’. I said yes it does but the desktop isn’t working right. Then they offered to raise a ticket on my behalf to fix the issue affecting my desk and the one next to it.

Fast forward, the desktop got fixed and my work friend was like ‘it got fixed, so I’m gonna sit at your desk now because my neighbors are driving me mad’.

He essentially booted me from my usual desk pretending he wanted to help fix it. I’ve now have to find a new spot where to sit.

How rude!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
This is a bit petty but it honestly annoyed me.

I normally sit at this one seat at work (we don’t have assigned seats, but no one ever sits there). One of my work ‘friends’ walked past me and was like ‘oh, you do like this seat? Does it work properly?’. I said yes it does but the desktop isn’t working right. Then they offered to raise a ticket on my behalf to fix the issue affecting my desk and the one next to it.

Fast forward, the desktop got fixed and my work friend was like ‘it got fixed, so I’m gonna sit at your desk now because my neighbors are driving me mad’.

He essentially booted me from my usual desk pretending he wanted to help fix it. I’ve now have to find a new spot where to sit.

How rude!
mid just make sure I was in work before him and sit at the desk you want

Reactions: 3
mid just make sure I was in work before him and sit at the desk you want
He gets in at 8. I don’t have the strength to go into work an hour early for this 😂

I’ll sit somewhere else but will limit my interactions with him. What he did is not nice at all and quite selfish. It’s just a desk but it says a lot about his character to be honest.

He’ll be off on annual leave in a few weeks, I’ll just claim my seat back then and put tons of stuff on the desk the night before.

Last edited:
He gets in at 8. I don’t have the strength to go into work an hour early for this 😂

I’ll sit somewhere else but will limit my interactions with him. What he did is not nice at all and quite selfish. It’s just a desk but it says a lot about his character to be honest.

He’ll be off on annual leave in a few weeks, I’ll just claim my seat back then and put tons of stuff on the desk the night before.
What an hole. Sit on it when he’s at the photocopier and fart on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
We have to book desks at work and it’s so annoying when you’ve found your Goldilocks desk - near a window, good light levels, everything working - you book it and then you get into work to find someone’s sat there anyway. There are too many other empty desks so you’d just look like an arse of you asked them to move, and it’s usually someone more senior so you can’t politely remind them that we should be booking desks. I just sit there at the desk I didn’t want, quietly fuming and plotting my revenge.

Reactions: 13
Yeah happened to me, booked an office for 1 and then got kicked out by a senior because she always sits there (but didn’t book). Then proceeded to vanish for the day and not use it anyway! Drives me mad.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I think what bothers me about this isn’t even the desk itself (kind of, but it’s part of it).

It’s the fact he pretended he wanted to ‘help’ me have the desktop fixed then shamelessly decided to takeover it as soon as it got fixed which means he had false motives when he approached me in the first place. I don’t like the sneakiness.

I hate not having my “own” desk. I waste so much time logging on and off of scrrrns and setting up first in one place then in another.
Equipment is at such a bare minimum that you’re forever playing musical chairs so that everyone has a spell of access to what they need.
Makes me feel like a spare part rather than a valued employee.

Reactions: 11
My manager (the one who made my day to day horrible in the last few weeks) has asked us for written feedback on her.

I honestly dont’t want to give her any. Not only because of her terrible attitude in the last while, but also because she gave credit about my work to someone else and has not given me any kind of feedback on a project I worked my behind on. Only the project lead did, but she’s disregarded it, so my performance on this project was thrown under the carpet.

She wants us to give her feedback on the HR portal but I’m honestly thinking of leaving it blank.

What should I do? Should I go along and give her feedback despite her behavior or leave it blank?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.