Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This one colleague who joined the team 4 months ago and has been obsessed with getting a promotion.
We had this too. They were in the role for literally weeks and they were already talking about a raise šŸ˜‚

In the end a colleague in the same role as them took them to the side and said simply "that just doesn't happen here, please stop" šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My colleague pushing a shared responsibility on me because he 'just doesn't like doing that'. I don't know who told you it was my favourite pastime activity but they were lying :rolleyes: I just said 'mm-hmm' and didn't continue discussing it, I don't know if I should have clapped back with some sort of response but I was too surprised at the nerve. Audacity of some people never fail to amaze me. And when I ask him to do something, it's a series of instructions for me about how I can do it myself. duck off...

Reactions: 6
My colleague pushing a shared responsibility on me because he 'just doesn't like doing that'. I don't know who told you it was my favourite pastime activity but they were lying :rolleyes: I just said 'mm-hmm' and didn't continue discussing it, I don't know if I should have clapped back with some sort of response but I was too surprised at the nerve. Audacity of some people never fail to amaze me. And when I ask him to do something, it's a series of instructions for me about how I can do it myself. duck off...
OMG don't get lumbered. Just say 'neither do I fuckwad' and hand it back. How dare he.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
OMG don't get lumbered. Just say 'neither do I fuckwad' and hand it back. How dare he.
At the time of the task he conveniently disappeared and because I couldn't let it linger until he decided to come back, I had to take it on. Fuming.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Lazy people asking things like 'what's the email address for this?' 'Can you find this for me etc'. We all have the same information on our systems, just find it yourself :mad:

Reactions: 22
Interrupting and trying to answer my question before I even give them full context and recommending things I've already done because they didn't actually wait to let me say what my question about a particular issue is.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I had a coworker who would literally hold out a piece of paper toward me without even turning his head. He was too busy shopping for shoes and looking at houses he couldn't afford online to bother to do any work. The last time he tried that I just ignored him. Eventually his arm ran out of blood and he had to put it back down. Lazy bum. He ended up getting a week long retrain on how to do his job (although he'd been in the role for well over a year) and ended up quitting after getting three disciplinary writeups.

• Wow
Interrupting and trying to answer my question before I even give them full context and recommending things I've already done because they didn't actually wait to let me say what my question about a particular issue is.
OMG. Someone I directly work with does this all the time! Iā€™m like ā€œI have a question on point dā€. This person doesnā€™t let me finish and starts going through a,b,c which I didnā€™t ask anything about.

Also, I hate it when people say ā€œdonā€™t be afraid to askā€. If I havenā€™t asked YOU specifically, it doesnā€™t mean I havenā€™t asked anyone at all or that I even need to ask anything in the first place! If I havenā€™t asked, take it for what it is. I find this sentence to be undermining especially when you have a decade worth of work experience.

Reactions: 3
I'm meant to be on holidays until the end of January as I have oodles of leave owed.

Today, I awoke to a series of texts asking if I could come in because someone has walked out without giving notice and everyone else is under the pump. Why is this my problem? I'm always the one called on to go in and check if someone's reset the alarm on the weekend (because I live closest to work), and I always pick up the slack when needed. But when we finished up at Christmas, I made it clear that I would not be available until I return to work.

Anyway, I missed the texts by four hours as I was busy last night doing things and didn't get in until 3am. When I read the messages I texted back to say I already have plans and am not available. Bugger them!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm meant to be on holidays until the end of January as I have oodles of leave owed.

Today, I awoke to a series of texts asking if I could come in because someone has walked out without giving notice and everyone else is under the pump. Why is this my problem? I'm always the one called on to go in and check if someone's reset the alarm on the weekend (because I live closest to work), and I always pick up the slack when needed. But when we finished up at Christmas, I made it clear that I would not be available until I return to work.

Anyway, I missed the texts by four hours as I was busy last night doing things and didn't get in until 3am. When I read the messages I texted back to say I already have plans and am not available. Bugger them!
Well done.

Make sure that you have plans right up to the time you are due to return.
It's absolutely not your problem that someone else walked out.
And if it highlights issues, well let them figure out the issues. Enjoy the rest of your time off.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

My previous workplace asked me and others to "volunteer" to come help out at the makeshift company party they held in the parking lot of the warehouse. I told them I couldn't because I was going out of town. Well, I only went to the next town over which was about 5 miles away, but technically I did not lie!
Good for you for not giving in.

• Heart
Our work phone system has an inherent fault. The powers that be are aware of it, they are trying to fix it but it has a tendency to go into utter meltdown on occasions and thereā€™s absolutely nothing anyone can do, just ride it out.
We have a new manager who doesnā€™t know the trade, she definitely doesnā€™t know the system and is convinced that if we all have ā€˜more trainingā€™ then the system will be fine and dandy. We have all tried to explain to her that training is not going to help, thereā€™s an inherent fault and until the powers that be fix it then thereā€™s nothing that can be done.

The system had the most enormous meltdown the other day, went down completely. Fortunately she is on holiday or Iā€™m certain she would have had us all doing the basic training again that we got at the start of the implementation of the system because that would fix it! I WFH and my internet is incredibly unreliable because I live in the sticks and itā€™s always going off, which affects the VPN. I logged on a little late the other day as my internet had gone off and immediately she popped up and said ā€˜did I need some training on how to use the VPNā€™ I literally had to bite my lip. Iā€™ve been WFH for three years now. I know exactly what the issue was and I said politely itā€™s my home broadband at fault and thereā€™s absolutely nothing I can do about it.

Most of us WFH and sheā€™s tried to lay down the law to get us back into the office. I permanently WFH as weā€™re on the 9th floor and although we have an evac lift, it failed the other day and due to my physical disability I cannot get down any stairs. I use a wheelchair on occasion but my condition is so unpredictable I never know when I will need it. Her solution to get me in the office was I should sit alone on the first floor but in the case of a fire I would need to be able to get myself down a flight of stairs. I pointed out regarding my wheelchair and she seems to think I could carry it downstairs! Erm- no.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
@princessmaire80 I would be bringing that to the attention of someone above her and/ or HR. That is absolutely shocking.

I have encountered idiots over the years but that level of idiocy is actually frightening.

Reactions: 8
My worst colleague and my own manager do this and one day my screaming in response is going to get me the sack.

I just had a 45 min teams call from my lazy ass colleague telling me how busy she isā€¦ maybe if she stopped ringing people and just got on with their job they could get their work done! I didnā€™t even need to speak as it was a monologue šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ugh a supervisor does this, drives me insane. If she let me speak and actually paid attention to what I'm asking, the whole thing would be done in 2 minutes but because she keeps interrupting and guessing what I'm trying to ask and answering the wrong questions, we get stuck on the same issue for 15 minutes, each second more frustrating than the last. How hard is it to just listen??

Ugh a supervisor does this, drives me insane. If she let me speak and actually paid attention to what I'm asking, the whole thing would be done in 2 minutes but because she keeps interrupting and guessing what I'm trying to ask and answering the wrong questions, we get stuck on the same issue for 15 minutes, each second more frustrating than the last. How hard is it to just listen??
That's exactly how it goes and then they go on to explain things that I know. I find it quite patronising as my questions would generally be about something more complex or higher level, I don't really ask about basics of my job, don't need that explained to me šŸ˜­ or it goes something like that:

Me: this person needs this. As they can't do X, should I advise them to do Y or Z?
Them: As they work in this area, they can't do X
Me in my head: Wtf i literally just said that can't you listen

Preface: I'm definitely horrible for this.

One of my 2 loathed colleagues was made redundant a couple of weeks ago and I love that for them and for everyone else who shares the office. They've barely been at work since (no change there then, but at least this is with work's blessing). They are the kind of person who can't take a tit without posting about it on SM and in all this time they've not mentioned it on there at all, which clearly means they've taken it quite badly. Which I like.

They have spent their entire time with us telling us all how they don't need this stupid job, how they're too good for it, and taking the piss with their terrible performance at work and arrogant bullshit.
Enjoy reaping what you've sown, cocksucker!

No sign of a collection or card for them. Good.

Possible redemption for me in tattlers eyes:

I'm so glad that someone who wants that job can now have a crack at it, and I hope it'll be a lovely fresh graduate as it always should have been, who would get a lot out of it and be a breath of fresh air for our stuffy office.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.