Amy Hart Stop trying to make Amzfest happen, its cringe and we are done!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My 16 year old often orders a kids meal! I know she’s a rarity but often the portions are huge!

Reactions: 3
My 16 year old often orders a kids meal! I know she’s a rarity but often the portions are huge!
They are if I’m in a restaurant with my daughter I order mash and gravy and veg don’t know if they have them in the UK but it’s basically called a toddler bowl and it’s ideal way better then ordering a full kids meal. Most places do it and if I’m somewhere that doesn’t I usually just give her bits off my plate cause she won’t eat a full meal a kids meal goes to waste. We were in Nando’s last week I ordered an extra side of mash and she had some of my chicken and she ate it all. Worked out like €5 compared to like €10 that you’d pay for a full kids meal

Reactions: 5
Id be so worried when child has a rash that I wouldn't order off the kids menu incase it is an allergy. He is only 6 months it's a choking hazard so dangerous to put that much food in his mouth at once when he's only learning. Isn't he just starting finger foods? Pieces of avocado and other fruit , veg would be a better idea and safer.plus his little tummy surely can't handle all the different food.
She took him on holidays when it was potentially scarlet fever ?? Isn't that highly contagious and dangerous for vulnerable people. And she has been sick herself she said for two weeks so could have a virus!? Spreading it on the plane

Reactions: 13
Did she seriously ask her followers for suggestions as to what can be used for the rash around his eyes? Why would her followers have any better suggestions than the medical professionals who’ve actually examined him?
She said they have been to doctors and hospitals and they still haven’t been given an answer to what it is. Obviously if there are other parents out there who have a baby that has had something similar they may suggest something that worked for them that she can try with Stanley. Not all doctors have children and don’t realise how much parents panic when there is something wrong, other parents can relate and share advice. Also to the people saying about ordering him a kids meal, did she say he ate the whole meal? No, she didn’t. You are all jumping to conclusions. Babies reach different stages at different times, maybe he is ready to move on to different foods sooner than other babies and there is nothing wrong with trying him with different textures and tastes. They were in an Italian restaurant so I doubt they had mash gravy and veg on the menu.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
She said they have been to doctors and hospitals and they still haven’t been given an answer to what it is. Obviously if there are other parents out there who have a baby that has had something similar they may suggest something that worked for them that she can try with Stanley. Not all doctors have children and don’t realise how much parents panic when there is something wrong, other parents can relate and share advice. Also to the people saying about ordering him a kids meal, did she say he ate the whole meal? No, she didn’t. You are all jumping to conclusions. Babies reach different stages at different times, maybe he is ready to move on to different foods sooner than other babies and there is nothing wrong with trying him with different textures and tastes. They were in an Italian restaurant so I doubt they had mash gravy and veg on the menu.
I think you’ve stumbled into the wrong thread…

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I'd guess that it's probably an allergy causing the puffy sore eyes and she doesn't know cos she stuffs his face constantly.

Reactions: 15
What s bonkers woman! Am I right in thinking she has planned her wedding despite just being proposed to?

What s bonkers woman! Am I right in thinking she has planned her wedding despite just being proposed to?
I'm sure she'd even booked the wedding before getting engaged.

I've had 3 kids and became more relaxed regarding should/shouldn'ts and following advice. Think I took my youngest to baby clinic just once to get weighed. Whereas was there weekly with my first. I did follow advice to leave weaning until 6 months. And I can't imagine even thinking about ordering a child's meal at 6 months old. I'd take Annabel Karmel pouches or feed at home before going out. And even that was a defrosted ice cube of baby puree I'd made. She's causing his puffy eyes and rash by not taking time to give his body time to adjust to new foods. And over feeding

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Hi Amy 👋🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I think the issue is more to do with how much salt and sugar is in the food on kids' menus. They just aren't suitable for babies I'm afraid (to be fair I'd also worry about the amount of salt in gravy unless it was specially made for little ones). Also when you first wean you are supposed to introduce foods one at a time in case of reactions (which she's been doing until now I think). Full disclosure I do actually like Amy but this was definitely a bit of a misstep

Reactions: 12
Exactly. She has no idea what is in that food.

The puffy eyes could be due to a reaction to a food but I doubt she’d know what food it was

Reactions: 11
Thought i was maybe overreacting but clearly not. I even went and checked back how old he is as I thought surely she is not feeding him spaghetti bolognese or whatever it is. Did she not pack pouches? Can she not get fruit and veg to cut and make up a lunchbox for him? I remember making my nephew pasta bolognese when he was this age, it was a baby recipe and blended.

Also planning/booking your wedding before you even get the engagement ring you designed is just simply desperate.

Also 2 weeks isn't long for dairy free milk to work is it? Needs to be a full dairy free diet, not just the milk?

I just find her an insufferable mum knows best head. The salt and sugar in that child's portion of spag bol will be mental

Reactions: 18
Also 2 weeks isn't long for dairy free milk to work is it? Needs to be a full dairy free diet, not just the milk?

I just find her an insufferable mum knows best head. The salt and sugar in that child's portion of spag bol will be mental
She is absolutely bonkers. Kids meals aren’t cheap either, so even if you take away the insanity of giving a 6 month old baby with potential allergies foreign restaurant food, it would also have been such a waste of money because there’s no way he would have ate even a fraction of that meal. My husband and I finish off our sons kids meals at restaurants and he’s 4 and a good eater!

Reactions: 9
He doesn’t need a quarter of the food she is shoving down his throat regardless to the nationality of the food!
He’s far too heavy already poor child.

Reactions: 12
child seems to always be contained too. In the buggy or highchair, car seat or being held never really see him playing away on the floor. Even when she's cooking she has him strapped into a newborn seat.

Also, he doesn’t have teeth! So how can he eat off a kids menu!
my son has just turned 2 and I’ve only just started ordering off a kids menu and he eats maybe 1/2 of it on a good day.
At 6 months I wouldn’t dream of ordering off a menu for him, you need to watch for allergies

I'm sorry, but I can't stand the name Stanley. It just makes me think of a miserable old git reading the paper and smoking a pipe.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
The size of that poor boy, she has overfed him since day one. Even the feeding consultant or whatever she was told her to pace feed him as she was giving him too much. Also agree that his eyes could be an allergy, he's not got a chance with everything being rammed down his gob. Wait till he gets to the toddler years and she can't just feed him to sleep all day and night. Or maybe she still will and the poor lad will have weight issues from the get go.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.