American Murder: The Family Next Door - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched it.

I already knew all the case details but it was quite well done how Netflix re-enacted her text messages etc.

I felt so sad seeing those two little girls happy with Shannan’s family and then Shannan’s father and brother looking absolutely broken in the courtroom.

The case is interesting because you have this guy who seemingly never said boo to a goose, footage of him playing with his kids like a normal dad... and then to go and do what he did is just beyond.

I’m glad Shannan’s friend came looking for her so he didn’t have any time to think of a story. The part where they’re at the neighbours house and he’s looking away from the CCTV cos he knows it shows him loading bodies in his van is just mind blowing.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I'm watching it at the moment. I was already aware of most of the details of this case as well. Those poor little girls and obviously Shanann too. But kids being murdered by someone they love and trust wholeheartedly just hits different.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Watched it last night and it truly broke me - I just don’t understand how anyone could do that to their own children. Truly disturbing.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Killing the wife was one thing...but driving those innocent babies an hour away with the dead body of their mother in the truck and then killing them was horrifying to me. The murder of the wife could of been a momentary loss of control but he had an hour to think about killing those babies and he still chose to go through with it.

I've heard shady things about the GF too, apparently she first googled Shannan's name in 2017 a year before the muders. There are rumours of her being involved or knowing more than she let on.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
I already followed this case too
Imagine watching yourself load bodies into your truck on cctv with a police officer stood behind you!
Utube has so much footage of this case and his sentencing in court it is one of the most press released cases I have ever seen!

Mind blowing how he could do any of this ang to dump them in the oil tanks with an 8 inch gap to get them through
They asked him if he had to break there bones to get them in as the gap was just so small and tight
And as for the mistress she is vile Shannan was stunning and defo needs investigating further as she was googling all sorts that ring alarm bells!

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I hadn’t heard of the case before but I think I might do some research. I thought the same as some posters above RE watching himself back on CCTV of him loading Shannan’s body into his truck. Those poor innocent little girls. Made me shudder when he was confessing to his Dad.

Reactions: 5
It literally broke my heart. I hadnt heard of the case before, and I was in denial that the girls were killed too. I was watching it convinced they were somewhere, no idea where but up until he said they were dead I didn't believe it! Horrendous.

Reactions: 5
I hadn't heard of the case either. But what a twisted, evil fucker he was and to kill his innocent daughters like that is just beyond. Shame he didn't get the death penalty.

Reactions: 12
Just watched this and it’s awful! Feel like I need to google more about the case now

Reactions: 3
Yes I watched this in disbelief. What a vile man. I'd not heard of the case before watching but like others have said will look into it more now

Reactions: 2
Just watched this and it’s awful! Feel like I need to google more about the case now
Utube there is so much coverage of it
Including his sentencing and you hear from the families
His mother is weird too
But not once does he shed a tear or look remotely remorseful
More like gutted as he didn’t even get to have one day with his new bird
He didn’t bank on her best friend being so on the ball to cover his tracks more
She is fighting cancer at the moment bless her

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I remember the case from the news at the time, watched this yesterday. It was very well made in my opinion. I can't stop thinking about the poor woman and her kids. His mum was vile as well, hated her and her feeding all this tit about her to him could not have helped.

Reactions: 11
So heartbreaking. Little Bella had such soulful eyes and Cece was so full of joy. My heart breaks thinking what they all went through.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
omg ive just watched this. so horrible. i keep thinking about those beautiful little girls. i feel sick

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I'm devastated after watching absolutely horrific those poor babies. Also think the gf was involved

Reactions: 7
His mum was vile as well, hated her and her feeding all this tit about her to him could not have helped.
When the Mum said ‘we forgive you’ i counts believe it! Probably explains why he is the way he is. It’s not for her to forgive!
the guy was a narcissist and psychopath. IMO He killed his wife because he didn’t want to admit to wrong doing of an affair. He killed his kids so as not to face the wrong doing of killing his wife and then lied to his father that she’d killed them, again, not facing his own wrong doing. He just wasn’t prepared to tell a truth that showed him in a bad light at any stage until it was a case of saving his own life.

I don’t think the GF googling Shannan’s name is suspicious. I think more likely she had a crush on him and wanted to know more about his home life, see if she had a shot.

I have to say I didn’t warm to Shannan at all and the constant recording of everything would have done my head in but the victim blaming is unbelievable! If you’re interested in a good documentary featuring victim blaming ‘Audrie and Daisy’ on Netflix is good as is ‘casefile’ podcast on Leigh Leigh. Be prepared to be outraged and heart broken by them though.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Watched it last night. Very disturbing and can't stop thinking about it. I just googled it to find out more but to be honest the documentary was pretty comprehensive.
Initially I felt sorry for Shan'ann, with a failed marriage at a young age, but then I admired her for getting back in her feet and building her own home. However, there was a stage during the documentary that I started to dislike Shan'ann. She always had to capture every event on camera, which was intrusive and forced, and she seemed very assertive, maybe controlling....perhaps emasculating. However, I never believed she killed the girls. I've watched enough crime programmes to suspect him, not immediately but quite soon. There's usually a reason why a middle aged man suddenly gets into shape....usually a health scare or affair!
It was sickening how he planned to kill his wife and then felt he had to kill the little girls too. And then to think he could beat the lie detector! His cold callousness was the worst...
The thing that puzzled me, which I read when I googled was the fact they filed for bankruptcy two years after marrying, yet they both worked and she had her own large house prior to marriage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14