Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ElpisWept

Her husband is in the UK, for the premiere of The Sandman series, and she's in America with their son. Still think their marriage is either over, or getting there. A gut feeling, but I could be very wrong.

Reactions: 2

Copacapybara

VIP Member
Yes, I mentioned it in my post! I remember following Ellis on Livejournal way back in the day after reading some of his stuff, looking at his little vb forum, and realising it was a sad cult of personality with a host of very specific-looking female orbiters (thin, miniskirt, corsety shit, and most particularly goggles worn on top of coloured hair) trying to emulate some particular image and attitude within his work that he would deign to respond to. It was no surprise to me there was transactional shit going on there.

Then in retrospect, you see it in his biggest work - Transmetropolitan - the lunatic egotistical alcoholic, drug addled writer alter ego Spider Jerusalem with the two young female 'filthy assistants'. One of whom said alter ego Spider accidentally, oh no, shags after an epic binge. Hhahaha. It's always a moment when you realise how much some writers insert themselves brazenly into their work.
---

Haven't heard anything bad about Fillion at all. I loved Firefly too and think it has aged pretty well. In retrospect you see the 'crazy waif who can inexplicably beat up huge men' trope Whedon made his entire career on with Buffy in River, who despite all this is a good, interesting character. He resurrected River again in a lesser, unintersting bit equally teeny-waify character in Dollhouse. He has his type, and his type is teenage-looking. Inara isn't his fantasy, it's always the little waif who can end you cos she has Special Powers. Dollhouse epitomized his whole desired female aesthetic with the tiny, bony, zonked out girls in their braless little strappy tops with the only average sized one being sort of talked down to and dressed all frumpy and admitting she isn't 'the gold standard'. And he had his affair partner Eliza Dushku in there playing the special-ist waif of all, Echo! The one with POWERS. Jesus. Talk about wearing out your one idea.

Whedon has done some great genre telly (and some horrible movie and comics writing), but he lets his sexual fixations bleed into everything, and tried to cover it up with a big LOOK AT ME I AM THE BIGGIST FEMINIST )crap with that 'Feminism Now!' thing that he - and people didn't like it when it was pointed out at the time - he made all about Joss Whedon and how cool he is for supporting women.
I liked Inara as a character in a lot of ways. She was independent and confident and interesting. River Tam by contrast I found deathly boring 😆

ElpisWept

Is there a thread about Neil Gaiman on this site, please? I've tried looking, but to no avail.

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
There were blinds about him and Katie Stanic having major issues on Castle but all blinds should be taken with a pinch of salt I guess

I read this and came to the conclusion that Katic is a pain in the arse 😆

• Haha

ElpisWept

The happy couple.

They're apparently still together. A friend of mine reckons he looks unhappy, like he's forcing himself to be with her.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
If you’ve not seen her Amoeba what’s in my bag interview with him, that’s very interesting. They both come off horribly.

Reactions: 1

WinterSolstice

VIP Member
I’ve heard Nathan fillion is a good egg and definitely worth a follow on insta.
There were blinds about him and Katie Stanic having major issues on Castle but all blinds should be taken with a pinch of salt I guess

griftalo

VIP Member
Someone on fb posted how shes definitely not a grifter as “artists deserve to get paid for their work”, then radio silence after the payment in pints and high five thing was posted 🤣

Message seems to be that some artists deserve paying more than others okay?!! What a clown.

TheStrawberryThief

I saw her make an apology for something on Facebook the other day, and absolutely no idea for what. None of the cult mentioned it in their comments. Any ideas?

• Wow

AX808

Her husband is in the UK, for the premiere of The Sandman series, and she's in America with their son. Still think their marriage is either over, or getting there. A gut feeling, but I could be very wrong.
I think I remember Amanda saying that they were getting a divorce. 2 years ago? I forget.