Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StripperVicar

She used to date Ricky Wilson from Kaiser Chiefs after meeting at a music festival. However, it quickly became apparent that they didn't share much in common and became just friends.
There is drawings on the wall of an unnamed hotel behind a painting of animals doing naughty things drawn by Ricky and Amanda.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 4

TheStrawberryThief

Hopefully the Russell Brand shit. She clearly has no clue of the extent of what he’s done if she can defend him and his ‘art’, which ‘art’ mostly consisted of him obsessively talking about sex and women. I believe people can move on from their mistakes too, but only if they truly make amends and admit to what they have done, not spend ££££ on lawyers to silence hundreds of victims
I think it says a lot that it is getting hard to match up the apologies to statements

Eirawen

VIP Member
Her husband is in the UK, for the premiere of The Sandman series, and she's in America with their son. Still think their marriage is either over, or getting there. A gut feeling, but I could be very wrong.
I hope their son is ok they are strange people to have as parents.

Vanelope

VIP Member
He's back in NZ - he's apparently spent months trying to fight through the red tape for an exemption to get back there, since he obv wasn't expecting to have to be away from the kiddo for so long.
Oh am clearly not up to date! That’s good tho for Ash

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Can we talk about the Doctor Who episode he wrote?
It was about a woman who was the human personification of the TARDIS… really cool idea, but her name was “Sexy” 🙄
It never sat right with me, like it was demeaning to the character.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
I know we are way off AP right now, but Joss Whedon being a creep and ruining Firefly (I know Inara’s whole backstory is problematic) is unforgivable for me. I loved Captain Mal and hope beyond hope Nathan Fillion is not also a creep.
I’ve heard Nathan fillion is a good egg and definitely worth a follow on insta.

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
She seems to be acting as a single mother, though he occasionally joins them, or seems to look after their son. Like when she went to New Zealand again, this January. They were there for a month, and he went with them. I wonder if she's cut him out or if he's chosen to concentrate on his career for a bit.

She posted this to Twitter, fairly recently:

Their poor son.
#DHOTYA2023

• Haha

ElpisWept

She and Neil Gaiman are back together, apparently. Their relationship seems so unstable, I'm not sure it'll last much longer. Just my opinion, though.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
She just reminds me of Lyndsey Way from Mindless Self Indulgence and Emilie Autumn with this whole struggling artist thing. I don’t know, they all annoy me.

Last edited:

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
I know we are way off AP right now, but Joss Whedon being a creep and ruining Firefly (I know Inara’s whole backstory is problematic) is unforgivable for me. I loved Captain Mal and hope beyond hope Nathan Fillion is not also a creep.
Did he ruin it? I thought it got cancelled...

Have you watched Resident Alien? It's my favourite series for ages - so funny and touching. It stars Alan Tudyk (as a shapeshifting alien who has crashed in a small town in Colorado) and Nathan Fillion has a guest role in series 2.

ElpisWept

An interview in which Amanda Palmer talks about her favourite subjects - Herself and her "art".

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3

ElpisWept

Her son's full name is Anthony David Karl Palmer Gaiman. Anthony after her late best friend, mentioned in a post above, David after Neil's father, who died some years ago, and Karl after her brother/step-brother who died young. I read somewhere that she didn't like Ant or Tony for short so they settled on Ash.

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
There were blinds about him and Katie Stanic having major issues on Castle but all blinds should be taken with a pinch of salt I guess

The only intel I have on that is that they just got supremely fed up with always being together during an insane work schedule. Could have led to a bust up I guess but I don't know if I'd buy them hating each other from the outset.

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
I think like pretty much any bloke with a younger-slanting female fanbase, a lot of whom likely match his exact preference (gothy, quirky, artistic types) he's like, to quote Big Male Feminist and Inevitable Pervert Joss Whedon, 'a kid in a candy store'. Like the person above who thought he probably has at some point shagged fans, I can't imagine he hasn't at some point. It's just so drearily predictable at this point. And the 'We have an open marriage' thing with him and Palmer made me veer closer to believing that's likely the case. I doubt he's having affairs with his age-group peers, you know, when he likely has a line of Aspiring Young Cute Female Writers who swoon over him.
Did you see all the stuff about Warren Ellis (the comics writer, not the member of Nick Cave's band) a couple of years back. He went silent for a bit but is back now, totally brazened it out.

The website the women made is quite something - https://www.somanyofus.com/

• Wow

Flibbertigibbet

Chatty Member
I got as far into that "beautiful piece of writing" as "metal bird" and I am cringing so much I need a break. Is she trying to mimic the noble savages?

Vanelope

VIP Member
They both seem to be being more private than they have been - because of their son - so neither have made a clear statement. They are physically separated by a great distance so something has happened.