Am i wrong for this?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s weird to invite yourself along on anybody’s holiday, never mind if it’s a couple or not. I would never just invite myself along/ask could I go along on a friend’s holiday. If they wanted you there they’d have invited you, surely?

Peculiar business. I imagine your OH felt put on the spot, which is why he didn’t say no straight away.
Definitely! It’s one of those things where you feel quite mean to say “no” like that on that spot! But would be so awkward especially as we were planning to stay in quite an intimate small place near the sea. It’s not even just because it’s the first time I think I’d feel weird about it even if it wasn’t😂

Reactions: 1
I'd have definitely said no. Not only because you barely know him, but also because you'll constantly feel like you can't have "alone time" with your partner as it'll always be in the back of your mind that he'll be alone and may feel left out. I can't really understand why he would want to come? Fair enough if it was a small group of you but not with just you and your partner. You're definitely not in the wrong

Reactions: 3
Weird and don't do a day trip with him, that's treating him like a kid and unfortunately setting up a bench mark and expectations. He's weird keep at arms length

You could something as a group when lockdown has finished, not just the three of you. Invite some other friends etc as well. Also its for your boyfriend to be doing things with him really as its his friend. How old is he? Rather strange for a grown man wanting to be a tag along.

It’s weird and inappropriate that this friend even asked.

it’s weird that your boyfriend didn’t tell him to jog on when he asked.

its weird that your boyfriend even brought it up with you.

It’s all just very weird.
I feel like I have deja vu....

Reactions: 4
I don't think I've ever known anyone that would actively want to be a gooseberry. I've tagged along with couples but only on low key nights out.

Maybe he's a You, me and Dupree fan.

I’ve been in a similar situation where me and my friend planned a girls weekend away (city break abroad) and her boyfriend asked to come with us and she said yes! Luckily corona and lockdown was just around the corner and it was cancelled. But still, I immediately thought “this is weird, a couple and 1 single friend”.
🥴

• Wow
No. That's a normal reaction to that request! I could understand going on holiday with another couple, but for a single person to go away with a couple... that's just weird.

I'd rather the feeling of loneliness than to be a third wheel. In fact going on a holiday with a couple would probably make me feel worse.

It’s weird and inappropriate that this friend even asked.

it’s weird that your boyfriend didn’t tell him to jog on when he asked.

its weird that your boyfriend even brought it up with you.

It’s all just very weird.
I feel like I have deja vu....
I wouldn’t really say it’s weird that my partner brought it up with me. It’s quite healthy for a couple to talk about things like this. I feel happy that he did. It shows he’s comfortable with me. We frequently talk about things. I’m quite happy in the fact that we have a very comfortable relationship with great communication and we both talk about nearly everything. So it doesn’t seem weird to me because that’s my idea of perfect truthfully

Perhaps my partner thought his close friend (who is single and has never had a girlfriend before) might be feeling lonely/depressed. As he sometimes tends to sound it. Many people during this pandemic would probably relate to that. I myself don’t find it as weird in a sinister way. Also, I’m guessing you’ve experienced this before? The (Deja vu), Please do share your experience if you’re comfortable you’re obviously a very wise member of tattle and I’d greatly appreciate hearing your experience on this type of thing x

You could something as a group when lockdown has finished, not just the three of you. Invite some other friends etc as well. Also its for your boyfriend to be doing things with him really as its his friend. How old is he? Rather strange for a grown man wanting to be a tag along.
I believe the friend is 22. So still quite young I guess. I don’t really think he thought it through. I feel quite bad for him now as apparently he suffers with depression and has never had a girlfriend so I thought perhaps he felt quite lonely? But even so I know that it’s still not my problem and for my first holiday with my partner I definitely don’t want anyone else there. My partner is really kind and probably didn’t want to upset him😭 he is so precious and I’m honestly glad he’s like that instead of just saying “duck off you can’t come” I think I’d feel worse if he said that to him!

Thank you for all your comments. I’ve been with my partner for coming up to 7 months now, I know some people thought it was weird he didn’t say anything but honestly I really think he just didn’t want to hurt his mates feelings.

I think everyone has gone through some tough times lately, I know this isn’t even a big deal compared to all the crap that’s happened last year/this year. I appreciate your responses!♥

Last edited:
I wouldn’t really say it’s weird that my partner brought it up with me. It’s quite healthy for a couple to talk about things like this. I feel happy that he did. It shows he’s comfortable with me. We frequently talk about things. I’m quite happy in the fact that we have a very comfortable relationship with great communication and we both talk about nearly everything. So it doesn’t seem weird to me because that’s my idea of perfect truthfully

Perhaps my partner thought his close friend (who is single and has never had a girlfriend before) might be feeling lonely/depressed. As he sometimes tends to sound it. Many people during this pandemic would probably relate to that. I myself don’t find it as weird in a sinister way. Also, I’m guessing you’ve experienced this before? The (Deja vu), Please do share your experience if you’re comfortable you’re obviously a very wise member of tattle and I’d greatly appreciate hearing your experience on this type of thing x

I believe the friend is 22. So still quite young I guess. I don’t really think he thought it through. I feel quite bad for him now as apparently he suffers with depression and has never had a girlfriend so I thought perhaps he felt quite lonely? But even so I know that it’s still not my problem and for my first holiday with my partner I definitely don’t want anyone else there. My partner is really kind and probably didn’t want to upset him😭 he is so precious and I’m honestly glad he’s like that instead of just saying “duck off you can’t come” I think I’d feel worse if he said that to him!

Thank you for all your comments. I’ve been with my partner for coming up to 7 months now, I know some people thought it was weird he didn’t say anything but honestly I really think he just didn’t want to hurt his mates feelings.

I think everyone has gone through some tough times lately, I know this isn’t even a big deal compared to all the crap that’s happened last year/this year. I appreciate your responses!♥
No, the deja vu is because I feel like I’ve read your posts before. You sound almost identical to a previous poster. I think you know exactly what I mean!!!!

• Wow
  • Heart
No, the deja vu is because I feel like I’ve read your posts before. You sound almost identical to a previous poster. I think you know exactly what I mean!!!!
When I read the first comment I genuinely thought this is similar stuff ‘they’ would ask 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.