Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hubrisand

Chatty Member
No, I'm staying in too - have far too much uni work to catch up on!

On a side note, your ex sounds like a dick - feel lucky that you are now free to meet someone (hopefully) much better.

Reactions: 5

FaLaLaLaNahLer

Chatty Member
You do what you want to do & what makes you comfortable. But maybe do hang out w/ family? Toast to new beginnings! There’s nothing worse when we take the pressures of holidays onto our shoulders. Esp when some are Hallmark holidays or just designed to boost the economy. The anticipation & then let down can be very depression triggering for many, but don’t admit it. I hate it when holidays feel like any other day & unexciting, but I’ve just assumed it’s my age. I always wonder how my parents’ cope with the holidays. Since they don’t complain, then maybe it is a depression thing for me. Yet i’m too much of a realist.

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
You are not sad at all. New Year’s Eve is completely overrated and usually a shit night out anyway!!!

If you feel better just staying in then just stay in!! But don’t spend your evening thinking about an ex-boyfriend.

Get some food and drinks in that you fancy, have a bath, get in your comfies, have a drink and eat the good good, watch a film, have an early night. Forget that it’s NYE, it’s not important.

Offtobuttonmoon

VIP Member
I'm at home spending New Years with my dogs who are petrified of fireworks and dealing out their medication like tic-tacs!

So sorry to hear you've had a rubbish year and a tough break up with your ex @IrishGryffindor hope tonight hasn't been too bad for you and you can get some peace and closure in the new year xx

Thoughts go out to you too @KateESJ on the eve of your sons birthday xx

To my Tattle crew wishing you all a happy 2020 🥳🥂🎉

Reactions: 4

coconochanel

VIP Member
I hope next year is better for you. Nothing wrong with staying in I'm staying in and having a few gins. :giggle:

Dandylion1

VIP Member
I’ve never been out on New Year’s Eve 🤣 my partner always has to work, I’ll be asleep by 10 LOL but get woken up by all the annoying fireworks

Nosymum

VIP Member
Not sad at all I’ll be staying in with my 13 week old daughter and my dog but truthfully I’d be staying in anyway 🤣. Do whatever suits you and makes you happy! I’m cooking a curry and watching saved series I recorded of secret life of the zoo! X

• Heart

Naturally

I’ll be honest - didn’t even read the post. It’s never sad to stay in. I’ll be in bed by 10, I’m tired. I’m arsed with new year. I’ve never got it!
I have a small child and to be honest, far from being the REASON I'm Staying in, he gives me a damn good excuse for those people that seem to think tonight means anything at all!
Stay in, get in your Jamie and get smashed if you want! Or curl up in bed and laugh at everyone’s hangover tomorrow!

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Not sad at all.

Was talking to my fiance earlier about how I dislike the lull between Christmas and new year. I love Christmas but have never been a fan of new year festitivities and I can't wait to get back to a normal routine.

We are out for dinner and I will probably be in bed before midnight. Haha.

Reactions: 3

Yel

Chatty Member
Unless you're someone that doesn't do text and has to speak on the phone for an hour I'm sure you wouldn't be bothering your brother at all!

After a tough year just do what will make you happy and celebrate that you've come through the other side stronger. No need to adhere to social norms.

I'd rather stay in but meeting up with lots I haven't seen in a few months, so that'll be nice but I'd quite like to go home at 11 but it's the one day of the year it's difficult to do that 😆

ScrambledEggs

VIP Member
Really sorry you've had an awful year , exes can be such wankstains .

I'm also staying in with the kids & family playing...cheesy games etc . Have been up since 3am for work so I'm bailing early

Anyway best advice I was ever given where I felt guilty about not going out when invited was to stop trying to please people, all my life even when I've had long days at work or bad nights with the kids I felt I had to go out to please others . I started saying no.

I think you'll be just fine with your pink gin. Chin chin 2020 👌

boringbsh

Don't know he's 28 and I'm 30 but had no plans to marry etc and I was like.. eh I want to get married lol

I have become such a more chill person since we brokeup and I never learned how to drive or cook cause medicine took over my life and I'm doing it all now :)
Breakups are rubbish but you’re killing it! It is shite, but there’s something exciting about focussing your energy elsewhere, especially stuff that’s going to be so beneficial for you 💖

ps. Staying in for New Years is the champion choice. I’m 27 and staying in with my folks and fella, watching Netflix and tanking wine and it is glorious. You’ve made the right call x

• Heart

BlahBlahSheep

My parents are having a party with all my aunts and uncles so am I sad to go to that !? Ahh. Gonna get some pink gin and get drunk I think lol.
If your parents, aunts and uncles are people who you have fun with and make you feel good about yourself, go and have fun with them. Or just stay at home if you prefer. Don’t try and please anyone else though - that’s one of the perks of being single! 😂

IrishGryffindor

@IrishGryffindor how did it go last night. I wish you a very happy 2020. Things will get better. You know that old saying “Time is a great healer” and yes I wanted to hit the person that said it to me also.
Heartbreak is an awful thing to go through and it takes time but one day you will say stuff this I’m not doing this anymore.
I made really bad choices but I wouldn’t change anything looking back because I would not have had my beautiful kind caring daughter. She has been the love of my life x
Hey Moe. I'm ok ! Had aunt's and uncles and cousins over and we where looking at loads of old pictures from our holidays as kids. Like 14 of us where there. My little cousin who is 8 was here played Minecraft with her lol.

I had a big sob 2 hours at 4 am about the ex lol. My sister is asleep beside me in my bed ( a king ! Haha). I just feel so lost romantically. I don't think I'll fancy anyone as much as I fancied him. And I'm so angry at him for not checking in with me even though i blocked him from doing so he has my address and my email ! Good riddance.

Plan is : learn how to cook more things, finally learn how to drive, go hiking and sign up to run marathons. No love life for me til at least summer but if asked out ill go lol.

I looove Scottish men think it's time I made my Scottish mates find me a giant sexy scot!!!!!!!! Hahaha

Also being 30 I hate it I feel like a spinster hahaha

Ah how wonderful. I'm sure she's the light of your life ! Best wishes for 2020 for the both of ye ♥♥

Tublet83

VIP Member
Hey Moe. I'm ok ! Had aunt's and uncles and cousins over and we where looking at loads of old pictures from our holidays as kids. Like 14 of us where there. My little cousin who is 8 was here played Minecraft with her lol.

I had a big sob 2 hours at 4 am about the ex lol. My sister is asleep beside me in my bed ( a king ! Haha). I just feel so lost romantically. I don't think I'll fancy anyone as much as I fancied him. And I'm so angry at him for not checking in with me even though i blocked him from doing so he has my address and my email ! Good riddance.

Plan is : learn how to cook more things, finally learn how to drive, go hiking and sign up to run marathons. No love life for me til at least summer but if asked out ill go lol.

I looove Scottish men think it's time I made my Scottish mates find me a giant sexy scot!!!!!!!! Hahaha

Also being 30 I hate it I feel like a spinster hahaha

Ah how wonderful. I'm sure she's the light of your life ! Best wishes for 2020 for the both of ye ♥♥
You sound like you are doing great and happy new year, nothing wrong with a big sob, let it out! Happy new year to you time is a healer, and you are doing all the right things and on the right path.

Go and smash 2020 Xxx

Reactions: 2

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Staying in here too, it's overrated to go out. I'm just not a party person at all. I hope 2020 proves happier for you!

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
Sorry you’ve had such a tough time. The pressure to be happy / cheerful / socialable tonight is horrendous at the best of times, without adding heartbreak into it

we’re staying in tonight because we just don’t want to go out. We’d rather stay in than be out and having to stay up until midnight and then leaving at 1215 to drive home, with one of us drunk and one sober

staying in is the new going out

Moe

VIP Member
@IrishGryffindor how did it go last night. I wish you a very happy 2020. Things will get better. You know that old saying “Time is a great healer” and yes I wanted to hit the person that said it to me also.
Heartbreak is an awful thing to go through and it takes time but one day you will say stuff this I’m not doing this anymore.
I made really bad choices but I wouldn’t change anything looking back because I would not have had my beautiful kind caring daughter. She has been the love of my life x

• Heart