Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Instawhut!

Planting myself on this thread and cant wait to catch up on it. I dont get to gigs so much these days but saw Devin Townsend last year in Manchester, ohhh myyyy gooodnesssss absolutely amazing gig! I love 36cf, old periphery, karnivool. Seen SOAD Atreyu, FFAF a few times, paramore and new found glory in 2008, seen trivium, went to Bloodstock 2010 (my only festival) and im sure ill think of more. I was out drinking in goth/rock clubs and pubs at 14, going to gigs in the city. I couldnt wait to drive to i could go to gigs and not have to run across manchrster for the bus or train home. And now i drive and cant afford all these gigs 😂. Feel like ive found my people on this thread though 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Meezy

My people!! I was a wee metalhead at school, then I kinda feel out of love with music for a few years, plus my husband isn't in to rock at all lol. In the last year my love for metal has been reignited and I am going to see Rammstein in June, but couldn't find anyone to come to Slipknot with me last month! :(

NineTails20

Chatty Member
I kinda like the fact that both Till Lindemann and Richard Kruspe have a child with the same woman, and they all managed to get along and raise two beautiful daughters.

• Wow

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
My kind of thread...

Went to See Slipknot on their last Uk Tour... Epic.

Got a few shots too

View attachment 472041View attachment 472042
Ive seen them a few times at Download. I'm not a massive fan but they put on an amazing show.
Oh just found this thread! I’m a big NIN fan. Seen them twice and they’re fantastic live. Saw Lamb of God too. Seen a number of other bands but more rock or grunge than metal (Avenged Sevenfold back in the day, Pearl Jam, Foos)
Jealous you got. To see NIN.

I've seen a few bands Pearl Jam, Faith no More, system of a down, mastadon, opeth, Metallica, 22 foot ninja to name a few. Last gig I went to was the Hu, which I wasn't sure if like but had an amazing time. I'm desperate to get to some more gigs

JellyWobbles

VIP Member
Favourite bands you’ve seen live and bands you’ve seen the most?
Slipknot, Machine Head, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and KISS
We’re all brilliant live!

Most disappointing and utterly shite
Anthrax and Marilyn Manson!

Any NIN fans?
Not strictly metal I guess but I’ve always been a fan, and Slipknot. Stonesour are pretty okay I love Corey basically and he puts on a show 👌 👀😏

TheWitchIsBack

VIP Member
Well now I really have found my people. Gossiping metalheads x
Im so chuffed this thread has been created! Had no idea there were so many of us.

Also I didn’t name names on the other thread cause I didn’t think that anyone would know who I was talking about but the gropers I’ve encountered who I’ve kissed and/or heavily tried it on... all of them when I was under 18 and mainly under 16. These guys had girls throwing themselves at them, mainly underage too so no doubt it’s all a lot more sordid. My skin crawls thinking about this.

KsE, especially adam
The guys from God Forbid and Lamb of God.
All of Adema
A few of Chimaira but Mark was so fucked up and weird
New Found Glory at the height of their popularity... a girl I know pretty much fucked all of them one night on their tourbus and she was 15 at the time. It’s fucking grim thinking back.

I’ve met a stack of bands over the years as well and most of them were decent. My favourite was always 36CF, I’ve met them a good few times.

Molly Polly

I figure that I'm a Classic Metal fan; there's not many bands these days I can say I like.

One band I wish I'd seen live was Pantera. They were majestic in their day.

Saw Pantera at Brixton Academy and at Donnington Festival, just worked it out....... 26 years ago! I absolutely love Tool, more rock than heavy metal.

Last edited:

NineTails20

Chatty Member
Omg that's amazing! So many wonderful memories, how fortunate that you were able to witness the band during their peak. I love reading your posts, mostly because the love you have for music is so evident but also because of all the incredible experiences you have under your belt. Do you mind telling (writing in this case ha) us about your fav gigs, musicians that you've met? Or whatever you think is the most intriguing :D
The most memorable gig I was at was Metallica at Milton Keynes in 1993. Not because of the actual gig, but because I'd run full tilt into the pit. I had a blast, went on the ground a few times, and got a huge bruise on my back........and found out a few weeks later that I'd been pregnant at the time. :ROFLMAO: The baby turns 27 tomorrow. And his first show was Metallica when he was 5.

Rammstein, 27th February 2012. Mainly because I'd loved the band since about the time Sehnsucht was released, but A) This was their first time in Ireland, and B) It was the night I looked at Richard Z. Kruspe and went MINE. :love::ROFLMAO:

reeshdublin.jpg

DAAAAAMN. Now I love the band so much I have a Rammstein tattoo, and planning an Emigrate one.

Favourite musician that I've met would have to be Duff McKagan. He's a total sweetheart, so nice and if he's met you once, he'll remember you. If you'd told me when I was 17 and listening to Appetite For Destruction for the first time that I'd meet Duff McKagan and have him remember me at a show, I'd have laughed at you. Close second would be Jason Newsted(Metallica). Jeff Ament from Pearl Jam was lovely, too. Met Ozzy Osbourne at a book signing and he was just the best. Exactly as you see him on TV.

• Wow

NineTails20

Chatty Member
TBH, I knew I'd turned into an elder stateswoman of metal fandom when I went to see Slayer and went 'NO FUCKING WAY' when asked if I was going to go into the pit. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

NineTails20

Chatty Member
I've been rediscovering Alice In Chains lately. Loved them, and Mother Love Bone. Ooh, and Soundgarden!

NineTails20

Chatty Member
My 10 year old surprised me today by blasting some AC/DC on the Alexa. He's partial to a bit of 'Thunderstruck'.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

gigi_93

VIP Member
Jesse is not a good person. He’s troubled, which doesn’t excuse anything of course, but I think it was blown massively out of proportion. He was extremely rude and obnoxious when I met him aged 16 but not inappropriate

• Heart
  • Wow

CherryAcid

VIP Member
Have we got any fans of the wonderful Type O Negative here?

YES!!! Saw them twice, turned down the opportunity to go backstage during the World Coming Down tour, biggest regret ever!!!!!

It looks like Rammstein might be postponing their European shows until 2022. Apparently they'll be making a decision this month. I am fully prepared to wait until next year to see them if that's the case.

On the up side, they have a new album recorded and a live DVD they made in 2019, so there's that.
Kind of bittersweet, i didnt know they have a new album and dvd as I havent followed them for ages. The time i met them came up in my memories the other day, had to watch the In Amerika dvd last night.

• Wow

GamerLlama87

Ooh love this thread! Always been a big metal fan, grew up on the classics, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeath, Ozzy/Sabbath, Priest etc as a kid.

Now I'm more into metalcore and I guess just more "modern" metal. Love KSE, Trivium (Matt Heafy is my favourite man on this Earth 😍😅), Slipknot, Lamb of God, Chimaira, Arch Enemy, Devil Driver, Parkway Drive, Architects (LOVE these), While She Sleeps

• Heart

Pinkblush

VIP Member
Love a bit of metal and listening to it has kept me sane over the past year but I am missing live music.
Quiet riot
Motorhead
Iron maiden
Pantera
Deep purple
Metallica
Not metal as such bit alice in chains, eagles of death metal, queens of the stoneage and black veiled brides feature heavy on my playlist

NineTails20

Chatty Member
I've recently discovered Nordic Folk; I really like Heilung and SKÁLD. If you liked some of the music in 'Vikings', then it sounds like that.

• Heart

Sven

VIP Member
I really want to see Rammstein again but it’ll have to wait until my daughter is a bit older!