Disney - planning, preparation, tips, tricks and advice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ive done it as a package or booking separately. Last time I went we were the last flight out of Manchester with Thomas cook and being able to pay it off monthly was great. Ocean Florida are usually good for packages at a decent price. I’ve also stayed in a villa which is great if you’re happy to drive to get around and pay the $25-30 parking at the parks. I find on property it’s so much easier to get around with the buses boats skyliner etc and also you’re in the magic. But villas are great as you can cook yourself. I’ve booked directly through Disney before and that’s the most expensive to be honest. It’s an expensive trip however you do it. for 2 of us on property we paid about 6.5k for 2 weeks but that was with free Disney dining which saved us a fortune and we stayed a port Orleans riverside. Whereas a week in a villa in davenport (we were just there for a wedding) cost £100 each for 6 of us plus flights around £500 plus tickets for a week around £250 (not sure exactly the cost for the ultimate ticket at the mo) and I took 500 dollars spends. My friend Hired the car so I paid all the parking charges.
Thankyou for replying.
Yes ive heard how good the dining plan is, so if we stay onsite then i will try and book with that. My partner isnt as much as a disney fan as me tho, and quite often he doesnt even come to Paris with us. But we have both said he needs to come to florida. I think he prefers the idea of staying off site so able to seperate ourselves from the 'bubble' if we want to, but i would prefer to stay onsite,especially for our first time. But everytime ive looked its soooo expensive!! But we have decided disney florida is our plan so i wont be spending to go to Paris 2x a year like normal.

Thankyou for replying.
Yes ive heard how good the dining plan is, so if we stay onsite then i will try and book with that. My partner isnt as much as a disney fan as me tho, and quite often he doesnt even come to Paris with us. But we have both said he needs to come to florida. I think he prefers the idea of staying off site so able to seperate ourselves from the 'bubble' if we want to, but i would prefer to stay onsite,especially for our first time. But everytime ive looked its soooo expensive!! But we have decided disney florida is our plan so i wont be spending to go to Paris 2x a year like normal.
hey no problem. I don’t think they’ve got dining plan going at the mo due to covid but hopefully it comes back. There are a couple of on site options that aren’t in your face Disney such as port Orleans french quarter, Coronado springs grand destino tower, old key west they’re a bit more grown up. But I would look at villas or some of the partner hotels such as Hilton bonnet creek and the 4 seasons they have shuttle buses to the parks but are not Disney themed. Might be a good compromise. Let me know if you have any other questions. I used to work in the magic kingdom so love answering questions where I can

hey no problem. I don’t think they’ve got dining plan going at the mo due to covid but hopefully it comes back. There are a couple of on site options that aren’t in your face Disney such as port Orleans french quarter, Coronado springs grand destino tower, old key west they’re a bit more grown up. But I would look at villas or some of the partner hotels such as Hilton bonnet creek and the 4 seasons they have shuttle buses to the parks but are not Disney themed. Might be a good compromise. Let me know if you have any other questions. I used to work in the magic kingdom so love answering questions where I can
Oh my goodness you worked there!!! Tell me all your tips and tricks!!

My main tips for a first time trip would be to pace yourself, drink loads of water, wear the comfiest trainers or sandals you own. Take breaks. One of my favourite things to do is get up early go for park open schedule 3 fast passes that morning. You can then book another fast pass for later in the evening. Then head back to your hotel at like 1:30/2. Have a break from the heat, relax by the pool, freshen up and head out to a park or Disney springs from like 6pm. Catch the fireworks.
You can get free ice water from any quick service restaurant sometimes they have it out on the side or you can just ask a cast member.
Try and ride 7 dwarfs mine train whilst happily ever after is on it’s a totally different perspective watching from fantasy land.
plan your days but leave a few days blank so you can be spontaneous.
try and avoid the parks at weekend. Schedule your shopping days or head to the beach, or go to the parks early. And get out of there before it gets busy. Or hit a water park.
Book some sit meals Disney springs has some amazing options. In fact Disney springs at night is fantastic.
maybe got to Kissamee old town when they have the car show. It’s a completely different vibe to Disney.
Make sure you go to guest relations and get a first visit pin all the cast members will make an effort to make you feel special if they see the badge.
you won’t get everything done. So don’t pressure yourself. Make a list of your must dos and just soak it in. Some of my best times in The parks have been wandering round, people watching and taking pictures.
make use of the photopass photographers!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
May 2022!

I’ve booked for May 2022
Oooh I’ve heard good things about going in May and I really want to do F&G festival but I’m worried about love bugs being everywhere 😬

we always do November but I just don’t think this November things will be normal enough and I don’t wanna wait another 22 months 😩

I’ve been in May, it was lovely. Fantastic weather and you can usually get good deals on flights.

I would cope with the love bugs again 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’ve been in May, it was lovely. Fantastic weather and you can usually get good deals on flights.

Shh tublet, if you say such things I will have booked May 2022 before the end of the day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1

I don't think I could deal with the love bugs again they swarmed our hotel

My main tips for a first time trip would be to pace yourself, drink loads of water, wear the comfiest trainers or sandals you own. Take breaks. One of my favourite things to do is get up early go for park open schedule 3 fast passes that morning. You can then book another fast pass for later in the evening. Then head back to your hotel at like 1:30/2. Have a break from the heat, relax by the pool, freshen up and head out to a park or Disney springs from like 6pm. Catch the fireworks.
You can get free ice water from any quick service restaurant sometimes they have it out on the side or you can just ask a cast member.
Try and ride 7 dwarfs mine train whilst happily ever after is on it’s a totally different perspective watching from fantasy land.
plan your days but leave a few days blank so you can be spontaneous.
try and avoid the parks at weekend. Schedule your shopping days or head to the beach, or go to the parks early. And get out of there before it gets busy. Or hit a water park.
Book some sit meals Disney springs has some amazing options. In fact Disney springs at night is fantastic.
maybe got to Kissamee old town when they have the car show. It’s a completely different vibe to Disney.
Make sure you go to guest relations and get a first visit pin all the cast members will make an effort to make you feel special if they see the badge.
you won’t get everything done. So don’t pressure yourself. Make a list of your must dos and just soak it in. Some of my best times in The parks have been wandering round, people watching and taking pictures.
make use of the photopass photographers!

Aaaaahhhh thanks so much!!!!! Im so bloody excited!!

We’ve been in May many times and only 2019 was bad for love bugs. Even then I’d still go in May again. Great weather, flower and garden festival, not as crazy busy (pre Covid anyway)

Reactions: 4
We’ve been in May many times and only 2019 was bad for love bugs. Even then I’d still go in May again. Great weather, flower and garden festival, not as crazy busy (pre Covid anyway)
I was there for the May 2019 love bugs! 🤣

Tbf I watched a blog of someone there in May 2019 which is where I knew about love bugs from, maybe I saw it at its worst then 🤣

DLP opening pushed back again. Totally understandable but I do worry about how long the parks can keep losing money. It's billions of dollars now ☹

Reactions: 4
I went first 2 weeks of May 2019.

I'd watched so many vlogs and no one had ever mentioned them!

I remember watching the TV in the hotel room and it was all over the news and people were having to jet wash their cars multiple times a day because they damage the paint work!

We were also there at the same time as the massive cheer competition which I knew about in advance and it wasn't as bad as I had heard. All the cheer kids were actually well behaved and disciplined, they spent a lot of time practising and had a curfew so they didn't overrun the parks.

I think the love bug season Was especially bad in 2019. I’d never seen them get that bad they were still around in September not in as vast numbers. I don’t remember seeing one in 2016. They are icky though they tend to gravitate towards your face harmless but irritating.

Reactions: 1
Them bringing back (modified a bit but still) Festival of the Lion King gives me so much hope that they are gonna try and bring other shows back soon toooooo 🤞🏻

This isn’t exclusive to Disney.... has anyone been to Orlando during Thanksgiving? I’m planning on staying clear of the parks on Thanksgiving, Black Friday and the weekend following. But is anything open food wise on Thanksgiving? I’ll be staying off property so don’t want to starve!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.