Alison Hammond

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still can't believe the length of her false nails. They could cause serious injury to a wriggly puppy or a very nervous dog.
She's giving this poor dog a massage with those long fake nails :(
Massage therapists are told to have short nails as they could scratch the skin and also for hygiene reasons.

She cares more about looking glamorous on tv than the dogs comfort and safety and this is why she was all wrong to do the show.

Reactions: 6
Every time I open this thread , I hope it's to hear she has been replaced. I really cannot abide her.

Reactions: 13
She's ruined my enjoyment of watching this show. I blame the itv execs for this.

Reactions: 14
To criticize or show disappointment is called 'nasty comments' now.
When are they going to get the hint that they cocked-up this show???
My feelings are nothing to do with AH - I am indifferent to her really - but she is absolutely WRONG in FTLOD! The producers have wrecked this show that gave such pleasure to so many people, & for what reason eh???

• Sad
Reactions: 17
It was a ridiculous decision to give Alison this gig - she’s fine in other things (in small doses IMO), but completely wrong for this. Whoever made the hiring decision obviously just thought “we want Alison so we’ll make it work”.
The thing is though, it’s easy to spot a dog person. They light up when they see a dog. Those are the people who will immediately gravitate towards the dog in the room, get down on the floor to interact with it, etc. (Same with cat people).
If nothing else, this programme needed a dog person. And that isn’t Alison.

Reactions: 19
It was a ridiculous decision to give Alison this gig - she’s fine in other things (in small doses IMO), but completely wrong for this. Whoever made the hiring decision obviously just thought “we want Alison so we’ll make it work”.
The thing is though, it’s easy to spot a dog person. They light up when they see a dog. Those are the people who will immediately gravitate towards the dog in the room, get down on the floor to interact with it, etc. (Same with cat people).
If nothing else, this programme needed a dog person. And that isn’t Alison.
I’ve been watching rob becketts smart tv and she’s a team captain on there and I’ve enjoyed it, that’s more her sort of thing and she comes across as more genuine on there.

Reactions: 8
Show about dogs and the person presenting it doesn’t like dogs, makes no bloody sense!
I agree, I’ll be honest in general I really like Alison and was pleased when they announced her for this but she just doesn’t have the love for dogs that you need for something like this. They could have found someone so much better who had the same magic with dogs as Paul did.

Reactions: 9
Buddy the puppy is on TM today with Ben and Cat, he hasn't been on with Alison and Dermot for 5 weeks now. They have had other dogs on the show recently too but with other presenters. I feel like they are avoiding putting her on with dogs because of the criticism she gets on social media.

Reactions: 9
Buddy the puppy is on TM today with Ben and Cat, he hasn't been on with Alison and Dermot for 5 weeks now. They have had other dogs on the show recently too but with other presenters. I feel like they are avoiding putting her on with dogs because of the criticism she gets on social media.
Social media will be begging for her back when Phillip Schofield is the presenter of the next series 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She's announced engagement on TM
I don't think she's made an announcement, she just has a ring on...

---
Update: She's not engaged, she put her ring on the wrong finger. She said it's just a cheap ring from Primark.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Doesn’t hurt to get something swirling on SM though to dislodge complaints about FTLOD off the top of the searches

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Doesn’t hurt to get something swirling on SM though to dislodge complaints about FTLOD off the top of the searches
The engagement drama was so staged... it was discussed during the showbiz news segment. She knew exactly what she was doing with that ring, I don't believe it was a mistake. Also she went public with the new boyfriend just days before FTLOD started airing, I think she's been trying to get herself some publicity for the show. The ratings have dropped again last week.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Someone mentioned Schofield there and I did wonder if AH was put on this show just to make a pigs ear of it, so he could quietly be added in for the next series and ‘soft launch’ him back onto ITV in a programme where the host is secondary. He’s just got a new dog too so will seemingly have better credentials.

Reactions: 7