Aliceinscandiland

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's bonkers isn't it. I find her simultaneously irritating and perplexing, I'd love to understand how she rationalises such things in her head. She seems to have a real desire to almost infantise her children with "wholesome" good for the gram activities. My girls are 7 and would look at me like I've got two heads if I suggested playing with a mud kitchen let alone if they were 10 which is how old roughly I think Nancy is.

Reactions: 3
Totally agree @Anotherdayanotherwalk my 10 yr old would not play with a mud kitchen either! But then her IG children are just that, IG children. It’s all so contrived.

From her post today she’s clearly worried about her declining numbers, let’s be honest Instagram IS her business, not her shop. I refuse to believe her footfall is responsible for keeping her business afloat.

89AEBA6D-2B21-4267-82B7-1F0BC2349A93.jpeg

But she can't have it both ways - if she's just posting for herself and her own enjoyment then her number of followers, likes etc shouldn't matter. If however, she's posting to keep promoting her brand and her shop the reality is that you have to constantly plug away at it and find ways to keep it in people's feeds. Instagram is intentionally set up to make it hard for small businesses. They know users want to constantly see new things and so always push the new.

Reactions: 4
Theres nothing worse that insagrammers complaining about Instagram. Get a life people!
yeah it’s almost like it’s not a free service which has facilitated people making a living in the most flexible and easy way since the dawn of time with little to no skill?!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Finally unfollowed! Her recent stories have annoyed me- why bring up your weight if you’re touchy about it and then expect people not to DM you nice messages? For what it’s worth I thought she looked lovely and for the most part no-one notices or cares about someone else’s figure anyway. (I wouldn’t have if she hadn’t brought it up herself.) I can’t help but wonder if this was a ploy for DMs to boost engagement! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Finally unfollowed! Her recent stories have annoyed me- why bring up your weight if you’re touchy about it and then expect people not to DM you nice messages? For what it’s worth I thought she looked lovely and for the most part no-one notices or cares about someone else’s figure anyway. (I wouldn’t have if she hadn’t brought it up herself.) I can’t help but wonder if this was a ploy for DMs to boost engagement! 🤷🏻‍♀️
She’s hard work! No matter what you say it will never be the right thing.

I’ve messaged her saying exactly this silly woman

Girls toys seem very young for them. Duplo seems a strange choice for girls of that age. Although have to say I'm super jealous of their evening swims, so idyllic.

Reactions: 1
She’s hard work! No matter what you say it will never be the right thing.
I think this for me sums her up perfectly. It's never good enough and it's never enough. She most be exhausting to be married to. Maybe the reason we don't see much of the elusive Stuart is that he's in bed recovering from the drama of it all.

• Haha
The videos of the kids are so contrived, Nancy is such a bad actor.
I do giggle when the sound is muted or a song played over it, I can imagine her directing them in her annoying “umm, um, ummm” mum voice or the kids bickering spoiling the vibe.

• Haha
I think this for me sums her up perfectly. It's never good enough and it's never enough. She most be exhausting to be married to. Maybe the reason we don't see much of the elusive Stuart is that he's in bed recovering from the drama of it all.
Bad luck for Stu the bed is usually taken by Alice recovering from how hard her poor privileged life is; running a dream retail business in a building owned by your parents and living in a gorgeous home mortgage free furnished with expensive vintage and Scandinavian furniture with your husband and daughters who are happy and healthy. But somehow none of that is ever good enough?

It’s exhausting.

Reactions: 15
Another Brexit whinging session 🙃

Yes it’s tit but what do she think just offloading to her customers is going to achieve?! Not even a hint of positivity or perspective to finish those stories. A simple ‘Thank you for your continued support in this tricky year’ would have helped. Instead she just came off as negative and ungrateful and frankly, entitled.

She’s so exhausting that I don’t even have it in me to moan about her privilege & bad attitude. 🙄
Surprised she can tolerate a travelodge, not very aesthetically pleasing, I guess the shop isn’t doing well.
B6F01F79-77D8-467A-82F8-0C122D658F11.png

Reactions: 5
That’s not a particularly expensive holiday if you book your train tickets ahead of time. All the museums are free. I can’t remember the other things she wanted to do.

Aren’t they pretty much mortgage free and her husband works too?

I feel sorry for her in that her poor mental health prevents her from truly engaging with and enjoying all the privileges she has.

Reactions: 2
That’s not a particularly expensive holiday if you book your train tickets ahead of time. All the museums are free. I can’t remember the other things she wanted to do.

Aren’t they pretty much mortgage free and her husband works too?

I feel sorry for her in that her poor mental health prevents her from truly engaging with and enjoying all the privileges she has.
Go to the moomin shop of course

• Haha
Reactions: 2