Ali Abdaal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
but are you spending your disposable income on these poor people in poor countries or refugees from ukraine ?
if you arent, how does that make you a better consumer than ali abdaal?
What's the relevance of this and how does it determine ones morality?

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Ali Abdaal so humble and helping of people in the Ukraine with his £2.4m apartment I am sure he'll be helping to house refugees any day soon.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
The funny thing is that he does not even own it - he's renting it at £4,100 a month!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Does he not feel shame or embarrassment that he spends THAT much on rent a month, shows it off on his Youtube channel, and then proceeds to complain about how much he regrets renting it? Who is this content even for? The whole thing was so cringe.

Reactions: 8
Does he not feel shame or embarrassment that he spends THAT much on rent a month, shows it off on his Youtube channel, and then proceeds to complain about how much he regrets renting it? Who is this content even for? The whole thing was so cringe.
Seriously youtuber act like they're Hollywood A listers. This is the reason I recently unfollowed Kelly Stamps. She just does nothing but shows off how rich she is while doing nothing. Her content is non existent. These people get boring real quick...

Reactions: 1

Ali Abdaal so humble and helping of people in the Ukraine with his £2.4m apartment I am sure he'll be helping to house refugees any day soon.
Besides all things above, find it incredibly naive that to justify his renting, he hasn't taken capital growth into account if he had owned this shoebox appartment. Just nullifies the whole debate, especially for Central london digs (though post-pandemic, applies everywhere in UK - home ownership beats renting out in today's market whatever the overheads).

Find it hard to believe he wouldn't reveal that part of the calculation given he's such a stickler for specifics when it comes to money and investments. Either that, or he's being conceited.

Reactions: 5
the other poster keeps saying they have learnt so much about money and finances from ali's videos...dude i'm not going to lie i enjoy ali's videos on finances A LOT...(yes, i won't hide it anymore!!!) but i must say that i enjoy them as much as i enjoy gossip tabloids or any sort of TV blab program
Seriously youtuber act like they're Hollywood A listers. This is the reason I recently unfollowed Kelly Stamps. She just does nothing but shows off how rich she is while doing nothing. Her content is non existent. These people get boring real quick...
that's exactly my point. ali keeps making videos about his money, his properties, his tesla car...it's no longer about inspiring or being the best version of yourself it's blatant gossip videos about his personal life lol

Reactions: 4
What's the relevance of this and how does it determine ones morality?
people claim ali abdaal is not a decent person bc he is privileged and seemingly does nothing with his privilege for the benefit of others
but if you aren't spending your disposable income or free time helping the poor/refugees, aren't you just as bad as him?

people claim ali abdaal is not a decent person bc he is privileged and seemingly does nothing with his privilege for the benefit of others
but if you aren't spending your disposable income or free time helping the poor/refugees, aren't you just as bad as him?
It actually boggles my mind that you think this comparison makes one iota of sense lmao, unless anyone else on this thread is a millionaire who doesn't work then you're not comparing like for like so what even is your point here? Personally I do pro bono work and have DDs set up to two charitable causes so ? Maybe people on this board are on lower incomes and don't have disposable income to donate or maybe they have families and don't have time to volunteer. Give your head a wobble.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What's the chance that one of us is as or nearly as rich as him? He just uploaded a boastful video about his million pound apartament. Clearly he has money to waste on such a high rent. Nobody needs to live in super expensive places. He could be a very charitable person, clearly he has lots of disposable income. But he chose not to. We don't all have that option.

Reactions: 4
that's why I said 'disposable income' and 'spare time'
but if you have enough time and money to browse on tattle life complaining about ali abdaal's lack of charitable giving, why aren't you spending this time/money giving to the poor or volunteering your time?
And how do you know ali abdaal doesn't donate any of his time and money to charity?
How much charitable donation is enough?
By this logic, you shouldn't stan other rich celebs like The Royals, Emma Watson, Jk Rowling, etc. who have much more money than ali and who own multiple mansions around the world

It actually boggles my mind that you think this comparison makes one iota of sense lmao, unless anyone else on this thread is a millionaire who doesn't work then you're not comparing like for like so what even is your point here? Personally I do pro bono work and have DDs set up to two charitable causes so ? Maybe people on this board are on lower incomes and don't have disposable income to donate or maybe they have families and don't have time to volunteer. Give your head a wobble.
What percentage of your income/wealth should you be spending on helping others?
For example Emma Watson is worth $80 million thanks to her Harry Potter payout but to my knowledge only donated £1 million to charity. Is that enough?

What's the chance that one of us is as or nearly as rich as him? He just uploaded a boastful video about his million pound apartament. Clearly he has money to waste on such a high rent. Nobody needs to live in super expensive places. He could be a very charitable person, clearly he has lots of disposable income. But he chose not to. We don't all have that option.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
but if you have enough time and money to browse on tattle life complaining about ali abdaal's lack of charitable giving, why aren't you spending this time/money giving to the poor or volunteering your time?
And how do you know ali abdaal doesn't donate any of his time and money to charity?
How much charitable donation is enough?
By this logic, you shouldn't stan other rich celebs like The Royals, Emma Watson, Jk Rowling, etc. who have much more money than ali and who own multiple mansions around the world

What percentage of your income/wealth should you be spending on helping others?
For example Emma Watson is worth $80 million thanks to her Harry Potter payout but to my knowledge only donated £1 million to charity. Is that enough?
Triggered, if you want to set up a rave thread please do

Triggered, if you want to set up a rave thread please do
can't even defend my arguments re: charitable spending

if you dislike ali abdaal bc you're jealous of him, just say so. There are plenty of worse celebs you can be spending your time on like Prince Andrew

• Haha
Reactions: 3
can't even defend my arguments re: charitable spending

if you dislike ali abdaal bc you're jealous of him, just say so. There are plenty of worse celebs you can be spending your time on like Prince Andrew
Okay clearly I’m jealous of him and his life….. you’re on to me….

Reactions: 1
Okay clearly I’m jealous of him and his life….. you’re on to me….
Ali abdaal started from a middle-class life to a millionaire
his videos have helped people become more productive and earn income
he is clearly very bright and didn't rely on his physical appearance to gain fame and fortune unlike many of his contemporaries
why do u all dislike him?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ali abdaal started from a middle-class life to a millionaire
his videos have helped people become more productive and earn income
he is clearly very bright and didn't rely on his physical appearance to gain fame and fortune unlike many of his contemporaries
why do u all dislike him?
Ali is that you mate?

Tbh I actually have done a few charity runs this year in my lunch breaks at work and raised a decent amount for a local womens shelter doing that so I have given back a decent amount to charity this year.

did you read what anyone said? that's not an argument but you're acting like it is.
well he definitely hasn't given time because he's basically said he thinks volunteering is dumb. it's in the thread. read the damn thread.
I guarantee most people on here do not stan the royal family or jkr, emma watson sure but a 10 sec google also tells me that she has given $1.4 million to *one* charity alone and millions overall, not sure where you got 1 million from. she also speaks out for and promotes several charities. also how would you know if she hasn't given much more in silence? this is exactly what you're suggesting about ali but for emma it suddenly doesn't apply? but also this argument still does not make any sense because emma watson is not the point of this thread (and she also seems like a genuinely nice person, unlike ali lol).

Listen, the issue isn't that he doesn't give to charity (well he could but I don't expect much from someone like him anyway), the issue is he perpetuates harmful ideas about productivity and money content. He seems very disingenious and doesn't even make his own content anymore because he's outsourced it all. He doesn't declare his ads properly. He ripped people off paying thousands for his course thing that he did (does?). He does weird tit like watch tv in 3x speed and set up a weird e-mail thing for a future wife to write to (can't remember exactly). Probably a ton of other tit that I can't remember.
If you want to go and mindlessly idolize him, go to his braindead yt comments, that's not what this thread is for.

Reactions: 2
did you read what anyone said? that's not an argument but you're acting like it is.

well he definitely hasn't given time because he's basically said he thinks volunteering is dumb. it's in the thread. read the damn thread.

I guarantee most people on here do not stan the royal family or jkr, emma watson sure but a 10 sec google also tells me that she has given $1.4 million to *one* charity alone and millions overall, not sure where you got 1 million from. she also speaks out for and promotes several charities. also how would you know if she hasn't given much more in silence? this is exactly what you're suggesting about ali but for emma it suddenly doesn't apply? but also this argument still does not make any sense because emma watson is not the point of this thread (and she also seems like a genuinely nice person, unlike ali lol).

Listen, the issue isn't that he doesn't give to charity (well he could but I don't expect much from someone like him anyway), the issue is he perpetuates harmful ideas about productivity and money content. He seems very disingenious and doesn't even make his own content anymore because he's outsourced it all. He doesn't declare his ads properly. He ripped people off paying thousands for his course thing that he did (does?). He does weird tit like watch tv in 3x speed and set up a weird e-mail thing for a future wife to write to (can't remember exactly). Probably a ton of other tit that I can't remember.
If you want to go and mindlessly idolize him, go to his braindead yt comments, that's not what this thread is for.
but you guys on here always lambast him for being money hungry and not doing enough for other people--- i am here to tell you must rich and famous celebs are like that, hell most normal people are like that

as for emma watson, she was named in the panama papers along with putin and didnt eve apologise--she just gave a lame excuse abt privacy which was clearly a lie bc that account is still active and plenty of her rich/famous peers didnt resort to the panama papers
a few million may sound like a lot but emma has 80 million and probably millions from reruns/merch sales per year so in her context, a few million is not that much

what harmful productivity/money ideas does ali perpetuate
also ali has a business to run-- hence the outsourcing and expensive courses
his future wife thing was set up by his assistant as a joke
who cares if he watches tv 3 times faster? not everyone likes the tv

Last edited: